To34

Reply from Senator Menednez

For those of you who might be curious as to what sort of reply you can look forward to reading from Senator Menednez.

Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to a ban on assault weapons. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this issue.

As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to use firearms responsibly for recreationalpurposes or protection of one's family and home. At the same time, I vigorously support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and gangs that wish to use them against society.

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban expired on September 13, 2004. On this, as with any issue, there are many different views. I appreciate you taking the time to express your opinion on this important issue. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of further assistance. I invite you to visit my website (http://menendez.senate.gov) to learn more about my work in the United States Senate.

I got the exact same response. He's too busy trolling for Dominican teenage girls to actually answer letters himself...

don't forget the Menendez intern arrest, if that story hadn't got buried there was a good chance he would have got the boot. So what do you think Menendez and his intern chatted about?

Anyway I received that one last week, one from Chris Smith and my two assemblymen today. Looks like they are all just standard form letters, nothing special so that is why 8 February needs to be a huge turnout in my view

Here's a variation I received when I wrote against any new restrictions:

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding additional firearms legislation in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this critical issue.

As the father of two, this tragedy struck painfully close to my heart and painfully close to the heart of every parent. No parent should ever have to bear the unspeakable pain of losing a child, especially to this type of tragedy. I join with every American in expressing our deep and abiding grief as a nation and our deepest -- most heartfelt -- condolences to the families of the victims.

As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to use firearms responsibly for recreational purposes or protection of one's family and home. At the same time, I vigorously support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of individuals that wish to use them against society.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. On this, as with any other issue, there are many different views. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind. I invite you to visit my website......... etc, etc.....

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding additional firearms legislation in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Your opinion is very important to me, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this critical issue.

As the father of two, this tragedy struck painfully close to my heart and painfully close to the heart of every parent. No parent should ever have to bear the unspeakable pain of losing a child, especially to this type of tragedy. I join with every American in expressing our deep and abiding grief as a nation and our deepest -- most heartfelt -- condolences to the families of the victims.

As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to use firearms responsibly for recreational purposes or protection of one's family and home. At the same time, I vigorously support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of individuals that wish to use them against society.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. On this, as with any other issue, there are many different views. Please be assured that I will keep your views in mind. I invite you to visit my website......... etc, etc.....

Got this version. When you go to the website link you get the true picture of where he stands... next to Feinstein.

Dear xxxxx,

That's the canned response I got as well.

This whole issue will be fought in the courts and not in emails to Menendez and Lautenmummy. They don't care what you think!

Oh I was never under a false pretense of what they really think, but with the click of a mouse button I was able to send a very short but clear email. The Dem's have developed and streamlined data collection, enough data to swing a choice & they will bite. Because no matter what the white house wants, local gov't still has to live day to day with their choices.

Got my shite response from the underage hooker buyer thus morning, lets break down these statements:

"As your Senator, I strongly defend the rights of citizens to use firearms responsibly for recreational purposes or protection of one's family and home."

Protection of one's family and home-yet, without CCW, I guess my family should never actually leave my home. Yet, even within the home, since we have no castle law, there's some vague arbitrary use of force that I am considered guilty of if someone breaks into my house intent on harm, unless they have one of the horrific assault rifles.

" At the same time, I vigorously support efforts to keep guns out of the hands of individuals that wish to use them against society. "

Really? And explain how any of the proposals will do that, excluding you propaganda based rhetoric. And how about addressing how prosecutions of EXISTING laws are down, but somehow adding more will solve the problem?

First class tool. I hope he got VD from his hookers.

Got the same shitty little response this morning from the Senator.

He's got bigger fish to fry, hopefully he'll be screaming in a Federal Prison in 6 months and his replacement will be at least reasonable.

And here is the response from our Governor:

Office of the Governor

Office of Constituent Relations

Post Office Box 001

Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0001

GOVERNOR CHRIS CHRISTIE ELECTRONIC RESPONSE

January 31, 2013

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to new laws regarding gun control.

I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Acting on my commitment to take a full and comprehensive look at the intersection of gun control, addiction, mental health and school safety in New Jersey, I have created the NJ SAFE Task Force. The Task Force will be chaired by two former attorneys general of New Jersey and members who have expertise in the fields of mental health diagnosis and treatment, addiction services and treatment, law enforcement and school safety.

Violence in our society has never been solely about firearms, and we would miss an opportunity to better prevent the roots of violence if we didn't look at the complete picture. If we are truly going to take an honest and candid assessment of violence and public safety, we have to look more deeply at the underlying causes of many acts of violence. That means removing the stigma and evaluating issues of mental health, addiction, prevention and treatment services alongside the effectiveness of our firearms laws, enforcement mechanisms and our school safety measures. This task force will convene immediately and report back with its findings.

My commitment has always been to evaluate public safety, criminal policy and behavioral science with an approach that recognizes that these issues cannot be separated from one another. The SAFE Task Force will further my commitment in that regard as we look at how we can better guarantee violence control.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Chris Christie

Governor

And here is the response from our Governor:

Office of the Governor

Office of Constituent Relations

Post Office Box 001

Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0001

GOVERNOR CHRIS CHRISTIE ELECTRONIC RESPONSE

January 31, 2013

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to new laws regarding gun control.

I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Acting on my commitment to take a full and comprehensive look at the intersection of gun control, addiction, mental health and school safety in New Jersey, I have created the NJ SAFE Task Force. The Task Force will be chaired by two former attorneys general of New Jersey and members who have expertise in the fields of mental health diagnosis and treatment, addiction services and treatment, law enforcement and school safety.

Violence in our society has never been solely about firearms, and we would miss an opportunity to better prevent the roots of violence if we didn't look at the complete picture. If we are truly going to take an honest and candid assessment of violence and public safety, we have to look more deeply at the underlying causes of many acts of violence. That means removing the stigma and evaluating issues of mental health, addiction, prevention and treatment services alongside the effectiveness of our firearms laws, enforcement mechanisms and our school safety measures. This task force will convene immediately and report back with its findings.

My commitment has always been to evaluate public safety, criminal policy and behavioral science with an approach that recognizes that these issues cannot be separated from one another. The SAFE Task Force will further my commitment in that regard as we look at how we can better guarantee violence control.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you again for writing.

5]
Sincerely,

Chris Christie

Governor

Hey that's the same one I got.

Problem is I asked him whats the deal with NICS. Why it takes 2-10 days for and "instant" check, and has been that way since Sandy hit, and why a completely broke state is able to spend $324k on "Gun buybacks" that are completely against NJ law.

[sarcasm on]

I guess he's not really reading them and responding.

[sarcasm off]

Who cares! I will not waste my time writing to these clowns!

You may feel its a waste of your time, but many don't and many of us will and continue to do things that we can, if your doing something else, great, if your just sitting back not doing anything, don't complain, you gave up your right to do that being you loose the 2A, you might as well give up all of them because without the 2A that others don't mean a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may feel its a waste of your time, but many don't and many of us will and continue to do things that we can, if your doing something else, great, if your just sitting back not doing anything, don't complain, you gave up your right to do that being you loose the 2A, you might as well give up all of them because without the 2A that others don't mean a thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good luck on your fight. I'm just waiting to move out of this state. Nothing is going to change!