Knuckle Sandwich

NYSP gearing up for confiscation for the non compliant

yes i am attending....i am steadfast on my beliefs and the oath i took...im not a fair weather midlife crisis shooter..and i apologize if you are active and took it as a personal attack...but seeing your post count as high as it is...you have to understand the statements made regarding the fair weather/poser 2a people...

What makes a poser 2a person? I've only begun exercising my 2nd Amendment right this past year. ONLY because I've never had someone show me how to properly use a gun. I'm one of those people. I was only shown how to a couple years ago when my ex's brother in law showed me how to. I've done my fair share the past couple of months to help protect our 2nd Amendment rights. I've send letters (although I'm not sure if it was written strongly enough) but I did. I called the numbers, and I will be attending the rally on Friday. I have a low post count because I don't think I have that much to contribute yet. I use this forum to learn more, and expand my knowledge. PizzaBob and Maksim have been a lot of help so far. I'm not as familiar as others when it comes firearms, the laws, and all the ins and outs of this world. I'm learning more and more everyday. I don't have the resources some others do. So does this make me a midlife crisis / poser shooter (I just turned 30 so I'm no where near midlife)? If there's more I can do please let me know. I'm not trying to start an argument here. I'm trying to point out that others may be doing their fair share but just are not making it publicly known. Sure there are those who are sitting back and hoping this all blows over, but there are people who want to do more but just aren't as knowledgeable as others here.

Honestly, I think that if there are 1,000,000 people who claim they're going to resist this bill, to the SHTF level, maybe one will. I feel like most of the people are going to talk big, but will puss out.

I would tend to agree with you about people talking a big game and then raising the white flag when it came time to act, but I also feel that when the time comes no one will have a plan. We all know the LEOs wont come alone to take your weapons. So what will you do? Who here is honestly willing to die pointlessly? If you fire on the LEOs while they try to take your guns it was a pointless death. Yes people will respect you for dying for a cause, but what would that have achieved? I think we need a plan for when the worst does come. I've read here that it is good to get to know your neighbors who share your love for the 2a so that when the time does come you all can alert each other, but it's kind of hard these days. You tell everyone in your neighborhood you have guns and they shy away from you. I know when my neighbor saw me walking to my car with my bags the other week we got to talking and when I told him it was a rifle he said oh you're one of them? It could cause more problems than solutions.

I just think it is easy to say that they can come take your guns from your cold dead hands, but when push comes to shove it wont be as easy to do it unless you're willing to sacrifice yourself for the cause in that way. I think kotkot has a point. If you had a backing behind you then it would be easier to defy the ban. The only person I know that support gun rights and will back me up is about 45 mins from me. Is there a plan to form a resistance group? If so where can they be found? How can we contact them with they come for us? Who here is trained enough to pass on their training so that we stand a chance. There's a lot that goes into fighting those who want to take our guns.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not giving up hope. I'm suggesting that we all truly ban together as a community and come up with a good solution to fight when the time does come. If NY is any indication of things to come then maybe we should start. I may be flamed for this post and I might not, but I do think this is a point that needs to be raised. It may have been but I might have missed it. I have respect for all of you because I have a lot to learn from you all so please do not take this as me calling anyone out.

Thank you, and please forgive the long post. I'm currently taking an english writing class and I'm in the essay writing mode.

I wonder why cheaper than dirt is sold out of long term underground firearms storage tubes :)

I think the best course of action is polictical action... talk to your local cops, get them to support 2a course and use discretion and talk sense in to local prosecutor who would be overly zealous... and when someone is cought... assist financially with legal defence and all..

I am going to townall and rally on the 8th. I contribute what i can financially...and I really do hope that they will not come knocking on my door..

for the record,

I am NOT advocation this in any sort of way just an interesting thought..... but I read this very interesting book not that long ago.. "unitnended consequences" by John Ross... it's amazing what few well placed defences can do..

Make no mistake about it, de facto militias have been forming in upstate, central and western NY. And if similar legislation is passed in NJ the whispers will start percolating here as well. Vietnam combat veterans may be too old to climb trees these days but they have significant knowledge and guidance to impart to fellow like-minded Americans. Neither side should count their chickens just yet. I pray that these anti-American politicians withdraw their assault on our Constitution and way of life.

Make no mistake about it, de facto militias have been forming in upstate, central and western NY. And if similar legislation is passed in NJ the whispers will start percolating here as well. Vietnam combat veterans may be too old to climb trees these days but they have significant knowledge and guidance to impart to fellow like-minded Americans. Neither side should count their chickens just yet. I pray that these anti-American politicians withdraw their assault on our Constitution and way of life.

Don't forget Korea & WWII vets........

Don't forget Korea & WWII vets........

Yeah, don't count them out. Even though he's 90, my poppop is in better shape than most people in their 20s.

15 years ago some kids Toilet Papered his house on mischief night. After yelling at them to stop, and getting some attitude in return, he chased after them and beat the crap out of the one he caught.

Granted, he doesn't own any guns, (Well, I guess his Red Ryder is one by NJ standards...) but I guarantee he wouldn't take kindly to the government trying to confiscate them.

I wonder why cheaper than dirt is sold out of long term underground firearms storage tubes :) I think the best course of action is polictical action... talk to your local cops, get them to support 2a course and use discretion and talk sense in to local prosecutor who would be overly zealous... and when someone is cought... assist financially with legal defence and all.. I am going to townall and rally on the 8th. I contribute what i can financially...and I really do hope that they will not come knocking on my door.. for the record, I am NOT advocation this in any sort of way just an interesting thought..... but I read this very interesting book not that long ago.. "unitnended consequences" by John Ross... it's amazing what few well placed defences can do..

+1

http://www.zjstech.net/~ddixson/Unintended_Consequences.pdf

Funnt, I never thought the govt would ever use the army against its own citizens but after watching a documentary on Waco, I think they would and they would lie about it. Very predictable seeing a young Chuck Schumer defending the democrat president at the time.

That will go over well with the populace for how many years before you are done?

Past twenty years so far. Seems to be going pretty well and gaining speed. Before "I" am done? I don't infringe on anybody's rights and I don't want the federal government to force you to do a single thing against your will.

Honestly, I think that if there are 1,000,000 people who claim they're going to resist this bill, to the SHTF level, maybe one will. I feel like most of the people are going to talk big, but will puss out.

Well, It is easy to pass judgement - but it would be a very, very big step requiring much sole searching...In theory, giving (ones own) life for what you believe in may be "relatively" easy, but knowing you will likely die and leave behind say children depending on you may change the whole dynamic...Just saying...Let's face it, if the local-cops/state-troopers/ATF don't stand behind the 2nd amendment, they will come after folks one house at a time with overwhelming force...It will be very ugly, at least at the beging until, Americans see the insatity of it all (assuming the press covers the ugliness)...They did it at Rubi-Ridge (maybe for cause, I don't recall all the specifics) - but they killed his wife and kid if I remember correctly...What are you gong to do if they come to your specific house first (I am curious)?

Well, It is easy to pass judgement - but it would be a very, very big step requiring much sole searching...In theory, giving (ones own) life for what you believe in may be "relatively" easy, but knowing you will likely die and leave behind say children depending on you may change the whole dynamic...Just saying...Let's face it, if the local-cops/state-troopers/ATF don't stand behind the 2nd amendment, they will come after folks one house at a time with overwhelming force...It will be very ugly, at least at the beging until, Americans see the insatity of it all (assuming the press covers the ugliness)...They did it at Rubi-Ridge (maybe for cause, I don't recall all the specifics) - but they killed his wife and kid if I remember correctly...What are you gong to do if they come to your specific house first (I am curious)?

I just saw the Ruby-Ridge doc also, insane what they were doing. Since when does the FBI use tanks and armored vehicles. Both docs made me see the ATF as heavy handed. Weaver got a multi-million dollar settlement in the civil suit. When the FBI has a shoot 1st rules of engagement of a guy that was probably entrapped, its pretty nuts.

There is an Irony in all of this...God forbid it comes to it...

Cuoma raged about "stoping the madnes" to confiscate the assult weopons,

now he may have to use those same types of weopons to inforce (his) madness...

If civilians are killed over this it will not go well for Cuoma's poltical career...The NRA will make the most over it (God forbid it happens) and they need to.

When I attended an Appleseed event, Josey Wales (aka Nick) spoke about how the British feared the DOM. The Deadly Old Men of America. They were farmer warriors that had nothing to fear and everything to gain. They couldn't run with the young guys, but their field craft and marksmanship pinned down the British lines for hours while the young guns ran up the road to set up the next ambush. The British would kill many of these DOM's, but they rested in peace knowing that their final acts of heroism helped to build and save a nation of independent and free thinking people.

Many of today's veterans have nothing left in their 401k's, no meaningful jobs, the VA benefits blow, hate where they live and essentially would welcome the opportunity to go out in style. Think I'm kidding, they you need to spend some time with our combat veterans. There is a reason our government is worried about church going, gun toting veterans.

Many of our older vets that have grandchildren or older children may look at this opportunity to make one last sacrifice. Imagine if that if every 50th house that was confiscated was met with a serious amount of sniper fire and then they disappeared into the night. After a few engagements, the confiscations would slow as the numbers of unfortunate LEO's / Brown Shirts 'that were just carrying out orders' start to dwindle. Hopefully no LEO's will be killed, but a shattered femur will take you out of action for a long time and the idea of going back into the suck, won't be so appealing.

Read books like, "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Fischer. This book documents how the once ballsy residents of Boston and New England and the DOM's drove the Greatest Army and Navy in the world nuts. Paul Revere and his alliances had balls and intelligence. Their willingness to sacrifice everything, needs to be thought about again.

Imagine the 'known' hiding places for speed traps took a few rounds thru the roof as a warning sign, I'm sure resources will start to be re-allocated. If I was a cop, I'd be terrified once the dogs are unleashed. The Newark Riots and Halloween in Detriot will seem like OWS.

I'm willing to bet that some of our upstate brothers are already planning some midnight rides.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

I hope serious NY people have come up with some kind of quick response / notification system of sorts...

Where one can notify like minded people quick and assistance can be provided.

Very hypothetically..

I would think that no one will come knocking down doors....so if guy is in his house, barricaded and few dozens of supporters with video cameras outside.. And perhaps few dozen more on perimeter 1/2 mile away with scoped hunting rifles :) ... That would make for very interesting situation

Let's hope it never comes down to this and the process will work. But, I am not optimistic. The first few weeks will let the resistance see what the SOP's are from the Brown Shirt's and then I am sure things will get interesting. I've got 4 young kids to worry about, the last thing I want is some no knock warrant and my family and dog getting shot, because they got out of bed.

I hope serious NY people have come up with some kind of quick response / notification system of sorts...

Where one can notify like minded people quick and assistance can be provided.

Very hypothetically..

That system is already in place across the entire Union and has been for a century. It's battle proven and the equipment is ubiquitous. It's operated by the same Veterans and who take their oath seriously. And who have considerable radio experience in coordination and dispatch during real emergencies.

Combine that with modern encryption, AX.25, spread spectrum transceivers.. using simplex for local traffic and rogue repeaters and even encapsulating traffic via the internet to go the distance.. Some of the younger operators don't know Morse if CW becomes necessary -- easily learned though.

IMO ham radio has an advantage over a private trunked radio in this scenario (let's see how long those stay up). Don't even bring that up with a NYC firefighter.

Buy a mobile 2M radio and put it away for a rainy day. Buy a 10m radio, antenna and linear amp and put it away for a rainy day. If you know an electronics guy then have him modify it to transcieve on 11m (Citizens Band) as well. Do all this now so you're not trying to solder together your own radio using ASCII schematics you found in some 1980's text document because you waited too long and everyone is sold out of radios.

And oh yeah... learn how to ride a horse :)

Almost right.... I'm a licensed ham operator since 1975 and if they decide to shut down power, better have generators. What? You have a generator? Stockpile gas too? Remember this last storm and gas rationing? Better have a natural gas generator if possible and hope natural gas is not shut down. All can happen easy enough. If that's not enough to take us down... How about an EMP that will take out modern radio equipment. Better have some old tube transceivers functioning and yep, morse code is a good idea. Most new operators don't even know it anymore since new licenses don't require it for low level licensing.

There is no doubt the technology is top notch, but not when you can't use a computer... Network goes down, so do most modern computer controlled radio equipment. The Icom-Pro II I had wouldn't make it through an EMP...

That system is already in place across the entire Union and has been for a century. It's battle proven and the equipment is ubiquitous. It's operated by the same Veterans and who take their oath seriously. And who have considerable radio experience in coordination and dispatch during real emergencies.

Combine that with modern encryption, AX.25, spread spectrum transceivers.. using simplex for local traffic and rogue repeaters and even encapsulating traffic via the internet to go the distance.. Some of the younger operators don't know Morse if CW becomes necessary -- easily learned though.

IMO ham radio has an advantage over a private trunked radio in this scenario (let's see how long those stay up). Don't even bring that up with a NYC firefighter.

Buy a mobile 2M radio and put it away for a rainy day. Buy a 10m radio, antenna and linear amp and put it away for a rainy day. If you know an electronics guy then have him modify it to transcieve on 11m (Citizens Band) as well. Do all this now so you're not trying to solder together your own radio using ASCII schematics you found in some 1980's text document because you waited too long and everyone is sold out of radios.

And oh yeah... learn how to ride a horse :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Almost right.... I'm a licensed ham operator since 1975 and if they decide to shut down power, better have generators. What? You have a generator? Stockpile gas too? Remember this last storm and gas rationing? Better have a natural gas generator if possible and hope natural gas is not shut down. All can happen easy enough. If that's not enough to take us down... How about an EMP that will take out modern radio equipment. Better have some old tube transceivers functioning and yep, morse code is a good idea. Most new operators don't even know it anymore since new licenses don't require it for low level licensing.

There is no doubt the technology is top notch, but not when you can't use a computer... Network goes down, so do most modern computer controlled radio equipment. The Icom-Pro II I had wouldn't make it through an EMP...

If we're talking about a SHTF scenario then a man with a gun does not worry himself when the power is turned off. He merely takes his gun and jerry can and fills it with fuel. A lot of Rx equipment do not require stored power and these hand-crank and solar powered receivers are fairly common. I'm careful not to underestimate the bounds of improvisation and invention when preservation requires it.

EMP -- are we talking about a nuclear device? We're going to have much bigger concerns than our solid state radio equipment getting fried, regardless. As in the entire electrical infrastructure getting disabled.. large government entities down to gypsy camps. There is a lot of fiction floating around on EMP effects, ranges, etc. So if we discuss that danger then we should define exactly what kind of EMP weapon we are talking about.

When we lost our local government and infrastructure in this recent Hurricane -- even trunked police communication having issues -- I was sitting in the darkness listening to the calm, collected voices of those old ham radio operators do what they do best. I have faith.

You may be right. A man with a gun does not worry himself. But you better hope you have the populous on your side. Because everyone may have your mindset. Hope they don't need gas too...

Who is to say there has to be a nuke to generate an EMP....? Ok, how about a high voltage surge? Old components and tubes could survive easier than chip technology...

Regardless of any fiction or not, finding fuel wasn't easy when it was controlled. Think it any easier in worse times? As any old timer ham operator... Older units will survive over the modern electronics. Besides, you brought up radios... and not to have faith would be absurd... Are you an operator btw?

Recent storm... Hmmm.... It may not have been the worse for us, but we should not hide in the shadows of what happened with Katrina...

Not trying to argue here... But there are much bigger pictures....

If we're talking about a SHTF scenario then a man with a gun does not worry himself when the power is turned off. He merely takes his gun and jerry can and fills it with fuel. A lot of Rx equipment do not require stored power and these hand-crank and solar powered receivers are fairly common. I'm careful not to underestimate the bounds of improvisation and invention when preservation requires it.

EMP -- are we talking about a nuclear device? We're going to have much bigger concerns than our solid state radio equipment getting fried, regardless. As in the entire electrical infrastructure getting disabled.. large government entities down to gypsy camps. There is a lot of fiction floating around on EMP effects, ranges, etc. So if we discuss that danger then we should define exactly what kind of EMP weapon we are talking about.

When we lost our local government and infrastructure in this recent Hurricane -- even trunked police communication having issues -- I was sitting in the darkness listening to the calm, collected voices of those old ham radio operators do what they do best. I have faith.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

When I attended an Appleseed event, Josey Wales (aka Nick) spoke about how the British feared the DOM. The Deadly Old Men of America. They were farmer warriors that had nothing to fear and everything to gain. They couldn't run with the young guys, but their field craft and marksmanship pinned down the British lines for hours while the young guns ran up the road to set up the next ambush. The British would kill many of these DOM's, but they rested in peace knowing that their final acts of heroism helped to build and save a nation of independent and free thinking people.

Many of today's veterans have nothing left in their 401k's, no meaningful jobs, the VA benefits blow, hate where they live and essentially would welcome the opportunity to go out in style. Think I'm kidding, they you need to spend some time with our combat veterans. There is a reason our government is worried about church going, gun toting veterans.

Throw in people with incurable diseases, unemployed felons, and the people living on the edge that have lost hope.

Past twenty years so far. Seems to be going pretty well and gaining speed. Before "I" am done? I don't infringe on anybody's rights and I don't want the federal government to force you to do a single thing against your will.

It was a generic you referring to whoever gets that job. The last 20 years would be nothing compared to three a day with the demographic distribution of fun owners. Kind of like kicking down the doors of every pot smoker.

Make people into criminals, they might just act like criminals right back at you. You don't stand up to them when they are expecting a fight. You bring the fight to them when they aren't expecting it. Asymetric warfare will be a **** when your job is to show up when someone calls.

You all need to check this video out, this guy is sharp and has been active duty for over twenty years and lays out the practicality of gun confiscation and who would carry it out.

The channel is: MAINEPREPPER

Video Name is: Gun Confiscation A Soldier Speaks on the Assault Weapons Ban

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNb_4hrLPZs

You all need to check this video out, this guy is sharp and has been active duty for over twenty years and lays out the practicality of gun confiscation and who would carry it out. The channel is: MAINEPREPPER Video Name is: Gun Confiscation A Soldier Speaks on the Assault Weapons Ban http://m.youtube.com...h?v=gNb_4hrLPZs

I had to look a little but found it here, following your link only gave me the option to download the video.

http://youtu.be/gNb_4hrLPZs