BurnzNJ

Generic BCG on eBay

No mention as to what materials it is made out of or what testing it has undergone? I will pass. No legislation atm suggests any banning of manufacturing or procurement. Sit on the BCM site for awhile and hope you are there when they open themselves up to orders.

Claims its a FA(Full auto) BCG for only 2 bills, if he isnt full of it then it cant be that good.

Besides the current price madnesss there isnt anything special about the so called fa bcg. It isn't regulated, it isn't fa, and it is pretty much what lots of people sell nowadays for $160, again current madness aside.

While its not illegal to use a FA bolt in a semiauto gun, why invite trouble unless the price is awesome.

Th bolt is slightly different which DOES increase the chance of the gun doubling as the sear wears and fails.

LUP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Besides the current price madnesss there isnt anything special about the so called fa bcg. It isn't regulated, it isn't fa, and it is pretty much what lots of people sell nowadays for $160, again current madness aside.

No but they tend to be built heavier and more robust, they wear better espically if they are nickle boron.

While its not illegal to use a FA bolt in a semiauto gun, why invite trouble unless the price is awesome.

Th bolt is slightly different which DOES increase the chance of the gun doubling as the sear wears and fails.

What trouble exactly would you be inviting? The bolt BTW is not different, the carrier is different. I can't think of anything about the carrier (or the bolt) that would make the gun double, to say nothing that it doesn't matter if the sear fails as long as the disconnector works.

LUP

Wut. Where have you heard this?

Please explain this.

LUP

Actually, most AR-15 experts recommend using the M16 carrier as it has more mass and helps with reliability. No need to use an AR-15 carrier unless your AR is one of those weird-o ban-era ones that had a lower that wouldn't allow the M16 carrier.

I don't get the panic-buying of BCGs. They're not going to be restricted. Period. Even in the worst case scenario and all semi-auto guns are banned, they will still make parts for them.

It's not that, they are always the item in short supply. Realistically they are the hardest to make, most critical part of the gun, made out of a fairly uncommon type of steel. Basically, even in good times, they are scarce.