Granby140@aol.com

Firearms industry update?

1.    Firearm Industry Update

Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia :

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.

Remington: Maxed out 750-800 weapons a day

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months

Is this true? Any ideas

Thanks for posting - very good info...Is Valley Guns a good source?...when do folks thing the panic buying of all things shootable will end?

Panic buying ends with confiscation. No use buying something that you're not allowed to keep.

Okay, that was too extreme -- let me try again. Panic buying should dwindle if AWB II doesn't receive enough votes and copycat states don't try to follow NY's foolishness.

The biggest issue is that under the current threats there is not a lot of incentive to bring new production capacity online. If there are any sort of national bans coming (which isn't looking likely) the investment is lost. Plus, once the backlog gets filled and things get back to normal the additional capacity would be wasted.

Thanks for posting - very good info...Is Valley Guns a good source?...when do folks thing the panic buying of all things shootable will end?

Yo, CA, make sure that the subscript icon isn't "clicked" when typing your post. I found that sometimes I'd inadvertently activate it when dragging the cursor over it. Very puzzling until I figured it out.

9 month ammo shortage..maybe those who have 15,000 of each caliber can maybe take a little break from buying..

THIS. Some of us don't hoard and still need ammo so we can go to the range. Leave some for us, please.

I'm by no

THIS. Some of us don't hoard and still need ammo so we can go to the range. Leave some for us, please.

I'm by no means a hoarder,but I attempted to stock up right after Connecticut on advice of some of the old timers that saw the writing on the wall long before.That being said.I've limited my range visits also just to keep more ammo on hand. This,I fear may drag on longer that most of us would care to admit.

Well... Maybe I'll save my money and hold off on buying reloading equipment. This really sucks....

I was thinking same thing but now the freeking components are hard to find..this really does blow..well with 500 billion in defense cuts coming maybe some more of that Lake City stuff hits the civvy market

I was thinking same thing but now the freeking components are hard to find..this really does blow..well with 500 billion in defense cuts coming maybe some more of that Lake City stuff hits the civvy market

That lake city will most likely end up at DHS or FEMA... Or whatever new federal organization that pops up in leui of defense cuts....

All manufacturers of AR receivers are comcentrating on lowers at the moment, there will come a time when all those lowers will need uppers!

And ammo.... The ammo shortage will be far be the longest unfortunately...

As soon as people realize 5 ar's is enough... They will then realize they need as much ammo as they can buy..

I remember a few months back, someone on NJGF told me I was stupid for loading my own .223. Now it's the only way I can afford it, Have tons of brass, a decent bit of primers, some powder, and not enough bullets.

I bought the powder and primers for 8mm mauser at the Oaks show, but I haven't had the cash for the dies or bullets.

I bet that given the shortage, people would even be willing to buy reloaded ammo. It doesn't help that (well, according to rumor) the government isn't selling once-used brass anymore, opting instead to destroy it.

That lake city will most likely end up at DHS or FEMA... Or whatever new federal organization that pops up in leui of defense cuts....

Even when the DOD was super funded it runs out of ammo. Several times a year MDL can't shoot do to ammo shortages. It's occured many times since I've been in since 93.

I remember a few months back, someone on NJGF told me I was stupid for loading my own .223. Now it's the only way I can afford it, Have tons of brass, a decent bit of primers, some powder, and not enough bullets.

I bought the powder and primers for 8mm mauser at the Oaks show, but I haven't had the cash for the dies or bullets.

I bet that given the shortage, people would even be willing to buy reloaded ammo. It doesn't help that (well, according to rumor) the government isn't selling once-used brass anymore, opting instead to destroy it.

Most definitely not. There are tons of auctions for used military and Leo brass. The military auctions require an euc, so they are easier for remanufacturers to deal with.