skorpion317

Guy arrested in Jersey City for "Assault" weapon possession

Fundraiser for his legal defense here - www.gofundme. com/Stand4Keith

From what I've read, he had an AR-15 that had a bayonet mount and a threaded barrel. He also had a couple 30-round magazines.

The police apparently entered his home without a search warrant, let in by his landlord who had called the cops when he found out this guy owned guns.

While he allegedly broke NJ law, most here would agree that the law is wrong. I think we all need to help this guy out.

Edited by Maksim
NJGF does not officially approve or support this officially, do your own research and due dilligence.

The laws of this state aren't a big hidden secret and he's in trouble. However, a landlord does NOT have the right to allow police entry into your home except in an emergency. In this case, he's lost the guns. He'll never be able to retrieve them as they aren't legal for him to own being prohibited. He SHOULD however be able to have the case dropped for an illegal search and seizure.

The laws of this state aren't a big hidden secret and he's in trouble. However, a landlord does NOT have the right to allow police entry into your home except in an emergency. In this case, he's lost the guns. He'll never be able to retrieve them as they aren't legal for him to own being prohibited. He SHOULD however be able to have the case dropped for an illegal search and seizure.

Eh, he's innocent, he broke no legal law.

i agree with njgunowner, what he had was illegal if that is reported correctly. But the search and seizure was illegal so charges should be dropped, unless they say it was an imminent danger to society. then they might get away with it in court. but yes the laws are not right and violate the 2nd amendment, however there is a process to it and its still a law making what was possessed illegal.

Fundraiser for his legal defense here - http://www.gofundme.com/Stand4Keith

From what I've read, he had an AR-15 that had a bayonet mount and a threaded barrel. He also had a couple 30-round magazines.

The police apparently entered his home without a search warrant, let in by his landlord who had called the cops when he found out this guy owned guns.

While he allegedly broke NJ law, most here would agree that the law is wrong. I think we all need to help this guy out.

If there was no probable cause or warrant this should be thrown out of court

http://tinyurl.com/aq3kh2t

The assault rifle had a bayonet mount and its barrel was threaded to accept a muzzle flash suppresser, making it illegal in New Jersey, Deputy Police Chief Peter Nalbach said.

Pantaleon was also charged with unlawfully transporting a large-capacity ammunition magazine when three, 30-round magazines were found at his home Friday, the complaint says. Police did not say what led them to Pantaleon's residence...

Hudson Catholic High School, which is located near Pantaleon's residence, and another nearby school, Primary Prep Elementary School, sent notices to parents.

In the letter posted on the elementary school's website, director Maureen Hoffman says she was notified by Jersey City Police Chief Tom Comey that a man was arrested in possession of a "dangerous weapon" and ammunition.

"I was assured by the chief of police that there is no indication of terrorist activity . . . As always, school safety is our number one priority," reads the letter.

Why notify the school???

Here's a question...

Was there some sort of clause in the lease agreement that did not allow the renter to have any sort of guns in the apartment/house?? Just like they are allowed to do when pets are concerned? Then the landlord could have called the authorities on the issue. I'm not sure what the landlords rights are on letting officers inside. I see it all the time on TV where they knock and let them know thier presence. If they don't answer, they tell the landlord to let them in.

Here's a question...

Was there some sort of clause in the lease agreement that did not allow the renter to have any sort of guns in the apartment/house?? Just like they are allowed to do when pets are concerned? Then the landlord could have called the authorities on the issue. I'm not sure what the landlords rights are on letting officers inside. I see it all the time on TV where they knock and let them know thier presence. If they don't answer, they tell the landlord to let them in.

It's illegal to make it a requirement to not have firearms to lease property, that's already been well established by courts and law. Second, the ones you see on TV have a warrant already. No police officer is going to enter a property without a warrant when camera's are rolling, unless it's staged.

No doubt our laws are clearly infringing on our rights, and are illegitimate in my eyes, they are still the laws and must be followed. Until we can get them stricken down that's the reality of the situation.

The circumstances around how the police got involved seem sketchy. If it was a case of "we know this guy owns guns, search his house and look for anything illegal", that is clearly messed up and would constitute an illegal search. To get a warrant, the police would need to state what illegal activity they are looking for, along with some good PC backing it up before a judge would issue one.

If this guy did grind off the lugs and pinned a brake on, and they still tried to hit him with AWB laws, THEN I would throw my full support behind this guy.

If the police really did this without a warrant then the only criminals are them and they should be the ones facing prosecution in federal court. But there is zero chance that will happen because we don't live in a lawful society but rather one of corruption and elitism.

No doubt our laws are clearly infringing on our rights, and are illegitimate in my eyes, they are still the laws and must be followed. Until we can get them stricken down that's the reality of the situation.

The circumstances around how the police got involved seem sketchy. If it was a case of "we know this guy owns guns, search his house and look for anything illegal", that is clearly messed up and would constitute an illegal search. To get a warrant, the police would need to state what illegal activity they are looking for, along with some good PC backing it up before a judge would issue one.

If this guy did grind off the lugs and pinned a brake on, and they still tried to hit him with AWB laws, THEN I would throw my full support behind this guy.

+1 agreed and that is why i would not support him here. he possessed something illegal, we should not be paying to save him he still possessed it. The only thing donating will do in this situation is get the case thrown out in court. they will let it go and keep the weapons before they make it a lawsuit against the awb.

We don't know that the 30 round magazines weren't blocked to 15 and that the Jersey City PD doesn't use the Chicago Tribune "Assault Weapons" guide that calls the sling loop a bayonet mount. Coming from Jersey City, anything is possible including that the rifle in question was an Airsoft or or made by Mattel.

When I rented an apartment the landlord let the cable company in to fix wires in the ceiling, I learned then that landlords can do whatever they want, some contracts have a yearly inspection clause, the military would do health and safety inspections of our rooms and lockers whenever they felt like it, if you have a kitchen fire in your house be prepared for them to walk thru your entire house, if you have home security system, be prepared for them to take a visual inventory of everything in your house when cops arrive, these fishing expeditions happen all the time, be prepared!, what the eye doesnt see, the hand doesnt want.

Would not surprise me if they were 15/30 Pmags... pinned brake and a bipod adapter mounted on the bottom rail..lol

I smell something real funny goin on here. I can see it all over the news tonight.. man found with assault weapons and ammo near school.. a tragedy has been averted...

Not good...not good..

Molon Labe

We don't know that the 30 round magazines weren't blocked to 15 and that the Jersey City PD doesn't use the Chicago Tribune "Assault Weapons" guide that calls the sling loop a bayonet mount. Coming from Jersey City, anything is possible including that the rifle in question was an Airsoft or or made by Mattel.

I agree...look how slanted the article is:

"***Police say Adam Lanza was armed with a Bushmaster XM15-E2S rifle and handguns when he killed 20 students ages 7 and under and six staff members at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in December.*****"

First off, the XM15 is the NJ legal "AR". I have a feeling you're right, that it's the loop for the carrying strap. Who knows, he may have bought it used "as is" and had no clue about other "illegal" parts.

"******Police did not say what led them to Pantaleon's residence.******"

Really? I thought the job of the press was to uncover illegal activities of the government? My guess is the police will release (much later) how they obtained this information, Which I'm sure they'll (the press) will NOT follow up on!

"***** assault rifle in his home similar to the one used in the massacre of 20 students and six teachers in Newtown, Conn., on Dec. 14, officials said*******"

Really? Good thing they did not search my house finding a hammer, kitchen knives and a few baseball bats that were similar and used in tens of thousands of deaths from around the globe.