skorpion317

Guy arrested in Jersey City for "Assault" weapon possession

it would make more sense to say.."i cant really discuss the matter till the case is over" instead of generic avoidant i bought them from an ffl and have such and such ccw permits.

Actually it would make more sense to say NOTHING.

ANYTHING you say can and WILL be used AGAINST YOU.

Actually it would make more sense to say NOTHING.

ANYTHING you say can and WILL be used AGAINST YOU.

Lots of people talk themselves INTO trouble..almost None ever talk themselves OUT of it. STFU and let Nappen do your talking.

My personal take is this, "Shall not be infringed" kinda sums up the fact that any law that makes an object illegal for an otherwise law abiding individual to own predicated upon superficial and insignificant cosmetic features should be seen for what it is, a violation of the right that "shall not be infringed". Just saying.

My personal take is this, "Shall not be infringed" kinda sums up the fact that any law that makes an object illegal for an otherwise law abiding individual to own predicated upon superficial and insignificant cosmetic features should be seen for what it is, a violation of the right that "shall not be infringed". Just saying.

I really don't think it is the question at hand. Yes, the laws are quite stupid to ban certain firearms based on how they look, or if suddenly, a magazine holds 16 rounds of ammunition, it is a dangerous item.....

Much like I believe 65 mph speed limits are stupid, the 16 oz soda ban, etc. If I get pulled over for doing 70 mph, I don't have the right to complain.

Unfortunately, if the state or any other place where we live, by the vast majority is anti gun, and we have the laws that we have.... we should work on educating people, putting guns in the hands of non gun owners, and working to get the laws changed.... but until that happens, the laws are what they are. We always have the right and freedom to move across the border to PA if we feel that strongly about gun rights. Everything is a balancing act of what is more important to us.

Obviously, there is something in NJ that we are choosing to live here with the high taxes and crappy laws. Who knows what it is. For me... it is family. If the taxes keep going up, or gun laws get worse... and there is no end or change coming in sight, I would easily entertain moving from NJ.

Back to Keith's case... I am sure he is a nice guy, and we are not going to touch the subject if his guns are NJ compliant or not... in this case, I think the focus should be on the warrant-less search.

I was taught the hard way at a very young age that a cops job is not to know the law but to keep the peace and make arrests.

Prosecutors handle the law. Its a machine and God forbid you get wrongly caught up in it.

i recall a very arrogant woman spewing the same Sh*t... it is our job to pass laws, and it is the supreme courts job to make sure they are constitutional- Sen Feinstein

To me it doesn't matter if he had the last living dinosaur in that safe. They had no right to search. If they aren't legal then he won't get them back. But the search to me is the issue here. If they were there with a warrant to search for illegal firearms it would be a different story. But they were not.

I'm still waiting to hear that "all the guns met the legal requirements of NJ laws".

The problem is is that many LEO's in this state don't know the laws themselves so ANYTHING could be considered illegal in this state.

To me it doesn't matter if he had the last living dinosaur in that safe. They had no right to search. If they aren't legal then he won't get them back. But the search to me is the issue here. If they were there with a warrant to search for illegal firearms it would be a different story. But they were not.
the legality of the search has yet to be determined as well

I'm still waiting to hear that "all the guns met the legal requirements of NJ laws".

I'm still waiting to hear "the search and seizure met the legal requirements of any law", but we both are going to be waiting a while.

the search is the issue? i'm more concerned with the fact that there was truly no good reason for the police(or anyone for that matter) to be in his apartment without his consent.

I think it was established that there was. He lived in an apartment and the heating unit was in there.

Issue of illegal search as there was no warrant for the guns, etc.

I am sure the truth is som3one in the middle once all of this settles.

Pure speculation but would say guns purchased legally in pa wh3n h3 lived there, but are nj compliant.

If illegal search, does not matter, and all tossed out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I think it was established that there was. He lived in an apartment and the heating unit was in there.

Issue of illegal search as there was no warrant for the guns, etc.

I am sure the truth is som3one in the middle once all of this settles.

Pure speculation but would say guns purchased legally in pa wh3n h3 lived there, but are nj compliant.

If illegal search, does not matter, and all tossed out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I too think that they were purchased through a PA FFL when he lived there...but I have a sneaky suspicion that they are not NJ compliant in one way or another.

Update from http://www.gofundme.com/Stand4Keith :

Updated posted by Roslyn Campbell 21 mins ago

UPDATE! A hearing has FINALLY been scheduled in this case for tomorrow morning at 9am in Jersey City. As you know Keith has been out on bail (ROR) since March 1st which was all possible because of your support. I will continue to keep you posted :-)

Latest update a few minutes ago:

New Update from Roslyn... UPDATE!!! Although we were hoping for this case to be dropped given the circumstances, the prosecutor met with a grand jury and Keith was officially charged. At this point I can no longer share specific details given the sensitive nature of the case at this moment. I will say that it seems pretty peculiar that the charges were made May 8th and Keith's attorney was not notified about it until the 28th. So for 20 days, this information was withheld. In any event, the fight is officially on and it will be a big one. I will share what I can upon advisement of his attorney. And you continued prayers, advice, suggestions, and positive words of encouragement are much appreciated. Much of what has been accomplished so far would not have happened without it. Thanks again for all the support!

http://www.gofundme.com/Stand4Keith?utm_campaign=Emails&utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email

What were the charges I wonder?

I hope he deleted all of his videos so nothing can be used against him.  In all likelyhood, unless he can pull off the illegal search and seizure, he is screwed.  If he brought his AR with standard capacity mags from PA... well, he broke the law, as stupid as the laws are in NJ.  I don't believe he had any criminal intentions, and hopefully Nappen settles this and puts it behind him.