skorpion317

Guy arrested in Jersey City for "Assault" weapon possession

Never once I heard him or anybody else close to him assert that his stuff was NJ compliant. That would kinda of an important detail to let out as he was asking for support.

Nope, we do know he said the guns were purchased legally from an FFL..... I guess when he lived in PA. Did he knowingly not look at the gun laws? (as stupid as they are), or just did not look? Who cares. if Brian Aitken got released, so should Keith. My close friend's sister went to school with him, and from all accounts, he was a nice guy, and I am fairly certain he was not going to do anything criminal with them.

I just hope Nappen does not screw him.

I kind of hope this turns out to be a full-on frontal assault on the NJ AWB.  This guy was in his home minding his own business when the police entered his house unannounced and without a warrant.  According to Heller, McDonald and Miller, if one can prove the weapons and magazines are "in common use" it should put all these types of BS feel-good, do-nothing laws to bed once and for all.  I'll be praying for you guys...

I kind of hope this turns out to be a full-on frontal assault on the NJ AWB. This guy was in his home minding his own business when the police entered his house unannounced and without a warrant. According to Heller, McDonald and Miller, if one can prove the weapons and magazines are "in common use" it should put all these types of BS feel-good, do-nothing laws to bed once and for all. I'll be praying for you guys...

+1

I hate that it risks a person's life and freedom, but this might be the way to restore sanity to our state.

What were the charges I wonder?

I hope he deleted all of his videos so nothing can be used against him.  In all likelyhood, unless he can pull off the illegal search and seizure, he is screwed.  If he brought his AR with standard capacity mags from PA... well, he broke the law, as stupid as the laws are in NJ.  I don't believe he had any criminal intentions, and hopefully Nappen settles this and puts it behind him.  

Doesnt matter...the internet is forever...

In what sense? 

See below

I kind of hope this turns out to be a full-on frontal assault on the NJ AWB.  This guy was in his home minding his own business when the police entered his house unannounced and without a warrant.  According to Heller, McDonald and Miller, if one can prove the weapons and magazines are "in common use" it should put all these types of BS feel-good, do-nothing laws to bed once and for all.  I'll be praying for you guys...

+1

I hate that it risks a person's life and freedom, but this might be the way to restore sanity to our state.

BREAKING NEWS: Keith Pantaleon Granted Suppression of All Evidence Obtained Due To Jersey City Officers’ Unlawful Entry of His Home

http://www.evannappen.com/jersey-city-man-granted-suppression-of-all-evidence-obtained-due-to-officersrsquo-unlawful-entry-of-his-home.html

+1 part of the travesty IMO is how many people here threw this poor guy under the bus when this first went down..

Suggest everyone re-read the thread.

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."  Benjamin Franklin

+1 part of the travesty IMO is how many people here threw this poor guy under the bus when this first went down..

Seems like a pattern among the NJ 2A community. The Jeremy Perez thread regarding Paterson's illegal extra forms also had a bunch of people saying to just comply... 

I wonder when we'll adopt the attitude that to get stuff we need to fight for it. I'm talking about for bigger things, like permit delays and CCW. 

...The Jeremy Perez thread regarding Paterson's illegal extra forms also had a bunch of people saying to just comply...

Ryan, this interests me. I live in Paterson. Can you point me in the right direction to read the thread? I did a search for "Jeremy Perez", but no dice.

Do the two LEO's still have their jobs?

...but of course...it's Jersey City and considering that the new Mayor is staunchly Anti Firearms,I expect their jobs are not in any jeopardy.

Ryan, this interests me. I live in Paterson. Can you point me in the right direction to read the thread? I did a search for "Jeremy Perez", but no dice.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/65071-judge-rules-nj-towns-can-not-arbitrarily-add-additional-requirements-for-gun-permits/?hl=perez

I'm very glad Jersey City got smacked down in this case, that search was total B.S. and Mr. Pantaleon did not deserve an arrest or jailing based on that search.

However, he's no saint; He was very likely in possession of an AR type rifle that was not in a NJ legal configuration and also a "high capacity" (as defined by NJ, standard capacity in most of the rest of the US) magazine.  I wonder what his chances are of getting either of those two items back from JCPD?

However, he's no saint....I wonder what his chances are of getting either of those two items back from JCPD?

They are not going to give back illegal items.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

I'm curious what effect this would have on P2P requests. I'm assuming it goes on his "record"? Even though he's acquitted, I'm thinking Jersey City PD (or any other NJ PD) can still deny at their discretion and he'd have to go to court to fight it?

Seems like a pattern among the NJ 2A community. The Jeremy Perez thread regarding Paterson's illegal extra forms also had a bunch of people saying to just comply... 

I wonder when we'll adopt the attitude that to get stuff we need to fight for it. I'm talking about for bigger things, like permit delays and CCW. 

Yep, there were plenty of NJ gun owners on this forum, and others, who wanted Brian Aitken's head on a platter for allegedly possessing a high-cap mag, based purely on the criminal charges, because he didn't follow the rules. NJ is a scary place to love the constitution.