Sign in to follow this  
martinsc

Question about new Yorks new laws

I know that 7 is now the mag limit in ny. But from what I'am reading it seems like you can

Have a ten round mag but only load 7 in it. So what i'am wondering is if it is legal for for me to bring my saiga 7.62 with a pistol grip and 10 round mags into ny?

http://www.governor....gun-reforms-faq

Q: How many rounds can I put in my magazine today?

A: Ten. Starting on April 15, 2013, you are limited to putting in seven rounds, unless you are at an incorporated firing range or competition recognized by the National Rifle Association or International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association, in which case the limit is ten.

Please note: This website is informational only and does not constitute legal advice. (LOL)

better to go to NY gun forums and ask

I am not a legal rep, but I have seen NY's still buying 10 round mags like crazy at gun shows and the places around here with 10 round mags. most places wont sell firemarms or ammo to ny's tho. I was @ wind gap show this weekend alot of ny plates but alot of sad faces doing walk of shame back to their cars, since vendors are afraid to sell cause not framiliar with the new laws.

There is nothing in the law yet with respect to what a non-resident must do with anything that falls into this category. They have a hotline you can call with any questions: 1-855-LAW-GUNS

SAFE Act -

https://workspaces.a...PBYDWe9ezGcVyrg

Residents are buying what they can. They've bought all the 10-22 magazines in the Dick's by me a couple weeks ago. Each day a new vendor notifies a buyer they are no longer shipping anything over a 7 round in capacity to NY residents. SA was the latest I heard of today.

When New York's county clerks met in Albany last week, they received some news they weren't aware of as they learned they would bear the brunt (and cost) of the proposed recertification process. They are the ones who handle all the handgun license and registration records presently, and they have now gone on record to challenge. S.C.O.P.E., New York's Shooters Committee on Political Education, posted this on their website a few days ago:

http://scopeny.org/N...nty_Clerks.html

This has been the biggest buzz on the NY forums LIShooters, NYFirearms, NYShooters and AR15.com starting Saturday; for it mentions confiscation if guns are not registered.