Silent Service

This kids got stones - Refuse's search & ID by LEO's

I wonder what the cops would have done if they did not have previous dealings with this guy.

I think this is a good example of the rock and a hard place the police are in. Very slippery slope.

Don't turn this into a LEO bashing thread, if you want to do that, go to another forum and we'll come look at your post later......not.

I give the kid some credit for standing up for his rights, but that is as far as it goes. IMHO he is being an a hole. If your walking down main street in today's world you kind of have to figure this is going to happen. Its because of things like this that we end up with so many stupid laws.

I give the kid some credit for standing up for his rights, but that is as far as it goes. IMHO he is being an a hole. If your walking down main street in today's world you kind of have to figure this is going to happen. Its because of things like this that we end up with so many stupid laws.

Isn't that a bit like saying "it's because of all the skimpy clothes women wear nowadays that we have so much rape"?

This kid is a punk-ass douche... I understand he's trying to make a point... but is this the right way to do it?

It is not.

The guy is an attention seeking whore that once he's confronted, he spews out his memorized lines in a defensive whiney manner and is looked upon as an ill representation of responsible gun owners.

Ok I get his point but I have to say those cops seemed pretty cool to me. I couldn't even imagine what would happen if I was standing on Rt 30 with a rifle and the cops showed up.

Cops were cool and the one officer also placed the whiny kid's firearms down nicely as to not scratch them.

.. but is this the right way to do it?

yes....

when you know the law....

when the law is not being enforced...

when your rights are being violated..

you.. IMO have a right to be a "punk-ass douche"

It is obvious that the cop did not fully understand the law... one says "you are being detained" then the other says "you are not being detained".... if I were that kid the second I was told I was not being detained I would have left..

Cops were cool and the one officer also placed the whiny kid's firearms down nicely as to not scratch them.

According to said whiny kid it was "unlawful detainment" and "confiscation".. I call it "Not wanting to have a discussion with an unknown man who is armed so I'm going to put these over here". I thought the cops handled it well enough.

Whiny kid aside, I think it comes down to respect. There are things I don't have to do per statute, but I would out of respect to the officers.. setting firearms down (as they did here, not in their car or out of my sight), giving them my name (to verify I'm not a prohibited person), etc.

Both Officers showed great restraint. Yes, the person with the weapons was within his rights to have them, but behaved like a bully. The Officers have just a few seconds to access a situation, but this guy leaves his house hoping for this very situation to arise. He gets off on it.

Yes the kid is starting trouble but imagine if he wasn't recording what type of civil rights violations would have happened..

Look at what happened to the kid in philly who was open carrying. Listen to the audio on YouTube. It's very disturbing when u realize we are not a free country anymore

if we randomly pulled people over every day... and checked their IDs... to make sure they had a valid drivers license... we would totally catch people with warrants.. cut down on DUIs.. and the world would be a safer place... problem is.. it is unethical to do that...

having a gun (in many states) is nothing illegal... pulling a stunt like this reminds people that guns are normal.. and simply having one does not justify the need to be stopped and harassed... the police were nice.... but they were wrong... just like they would be wrong to stop you and see if you happened to have a warrant...

having a gun (in many states) is nothing illegal... pulling a stunt like this reminds people that guns are normal.. and simply having one does not justify the need to be stopped and harassed... the police were nice.... but they were wrong... just like they would be wrong to stop you and see if you happened to have a warrant...

I see your point. In that vein, as you said people need to be reminded that 'guns are normal', and that includes the police. Right now guns are 'not normal' and usually when seen it means the police have to do something. The more times they are called, investigate, and let the guy go the more they will also realize it can be a normal situation.

That has to happen whether the individual complies or not.. but it could go a lot smoother if the officers are respectful and the individual helps and respects them by providing ID.. part of that "you don't be a dick, I won't be a dick"-thing.

In a free state the police should know the law, can we agree on that? Are there various ways to approach people? Some more confrontational than others? If you cant maintain professionalism in the light of day with a camera on you, what are you like at other times? As for bashing leos, no one here has to do that, they bash themselves with bad behavior which the media report daily, check out drudge report today, police ignoring emergency calls.

This should have been aborted at the dispatcher level. When they got the call, all they needed to ask is: Is he waving it around? Is he threatening anybody with it? Answer: No, he is just carrying it down the street. Dispatcher: Sorry, maam, but that is perfectly legal. No officers dispatched. No You Tube video.

The police must have Reasonable Articulable Suspicion to stop and detain you. Without RAS you are under no obligation to comply with a request for ID. If they detain you, it is unlawful detention.

OK, the kid was a dick, but he was 100% within his rights and the police were wrong. End of story.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Kid is an a$$.....

I dont want people like this representing our cause....

A kid who knows the laws and isn't scared to stand up for them.

I don't want him representing our cause either. :facepalm:

This should have been aborted at the dispatcher level. When they got the call, all they needed to ask is: Is he waving it around? Is he threatening anybody with it? Answer: No, he is just carrying it down the street. Dispatcher: Sorry, mamm, but that is perfectly legal. No officers dispatched. No You Tube video.

The police must have Reasonable Articulable Suspicion to stop and detain you. Without RAS you are under no obligation to comply with a request for ID. If they detain you, it is unlawful detention.

OK, the kid was a dick, but he was 100% within his rights and the police were wrong. End of story.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Every time you post my man crush for you grows :blush:

Maybe it's just me, but I find the whole "Can I see your ID" or "Papers please" disturbing on a very deep level. There are certainly lots of Americans who find nothing wrong with that, but for me all it brings up is images of Gestapo and the secret police forces of the Soviet Block. It's the same with the "If you see something, say something" campaign. I get it's meant in a "good" way, but all I think when I see those posters are the report on your neighbor tactics of the aforementioned regimes.