Silent Service

This kids got stones - Refuse's search & ID by LEO's

Vladtepes and Pizza Bob got this right. You have to look at this without a New Jersey mentality. Take a ride somewhere outside of NJ into "almost free america" and you'll see a big difference on how firearms are viewed.

Ditto on Vladtepes and PB.

Maksim is right too, except when he used douche and nutty at #83 and #84 to describe the kid, only because I feel it diminishes the guy. He's a young guy that is questioning authority, or "Antagonizing the Monolith", that is a good thing. That being said, I still want to instinctively call the kid crazy. Or have my "instincts" been modified through media conditioning?

The dispatcher should have cut this off at the beginning and explained the law to the caller so that he would understand what was going on. People need to be conditioned that it's OK to carry a firearm and that criminals are not the only ones that have them. This incident should not have even happened.

It's going to continue to happen, and hopefully (I'm an optomist), will turn into something good. Maybe there will be positive interaction between the police and civilians on this.

It's a shame that some on this board are fighting for the same rights, but still view it with a New Jersey mind set. Aren't we all fighting for the same right? Sometimes the line needs to be drawn in the sand to get change, and some will be offended by it.

Sure man... I'm a douche... there, happy? Did you think that would hurt my feelings? LOL! Grow the f*ck up.

I wasn't calling you one. I was applying your logic to a similar situation from my viewpoint. Don't read into is so much. The question marks were intentionally...you know, indicating a question or uncertainty. I could care less whether or I do or don't hurt anyones feelings. If I do, then they should grow up. But let's not be rational know.

The kid IS a douchebag... He's trying to provoke the cops to make these stupid videos and the whole time gives them his little douchebag attitude. Throughout the video he keeps saying "Don't you know who I am? I was in the newspaper!"

Or maybe he is trying to educate people on firearm laws...you know...kind of the reason he was in the newspaper and how they knew who he was to begin with....because he informed the PD what he was going to do. But yep, instigating douchebag. Who really is the one who needs to grow up. You don't have to agree with his actions to understand them.

It's like he's playing a game with them and he's obviously making these videos to get attention. Nobody is saying that he needs to be subservient to the cops, or that he has to get on his knees and kiss their ass, but for f*cks sake... a little respect for the LEO's would be nice.

Clearly he was doing it for attention. That is the point of activism...

I guess respect is a one way street with you, eh?

The cops are being resepctful and very cool with him and he's just being a little douchebag with his little attitude. They didn't just stop to harrass him... They had received calls from people in the town that someone was walking around with a long gun. After the calls they got from people they obviously just wanted to make sure he wasn't some nutjob walking around town with a long gun slung over his shoulder and looking to go shoot someone. I'm sure if he just was cooperative with them, they would have just checked out his ID and let him go on his merry little way.

I guess educating the public (well, and the dispatchers and police as it turns out) is out of the question?

"I'm calling because there is someone walking around with a rifle."

"What exactly is he doing?"

"Well he is just walking down the sidewalk with the rifle on his back/over his shoulder."

"Is he doing anything else. Are you concerned for someones safety."

"No, he isn't doing anything else. I don't see him doing anything bad, I just was concerned when I saw the rifle."

"Sir/Ma'am, the open carry of a firearm is legal. If he is just walking with it on his back that is okay. Feel free to call us back if he does anything else or you think he is going to do something bad. Have a nice day."

"Oh I didn't know it was legal. Thanks for your time."

But no...it is much better to violate 3 different rights...

depends on why you are being stopped

No real probable cause. Lets say stop and frisk.

There is an interesting video where cops are asking for ID for guys that come in asking if there is a form to fill out if they want to file a complaint against a cop. I dont think asking a question is probable cause.

Skip to about 28:45