fapipa

West-Windsor - Plainsboro schools in lockdown

Anyone knows what is going on? Can't reach anyone on the phone of course...

Could it be a lockdown drill? Drill possibilities were posted on their Facebook page on Jan 2.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/4937789/

Heh? West Windsor Plainsboro is in Mercer county, not Gloucester.... wtf?

I drive through West Windsor all the town, it is my neck of the woods. I have to see if my contacts are still on the board of West Windsor to see what happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ok so two separate instances....

One school

One ND with a glock in a Serpa :rofl:

The school... I drive by every day twice a day. There really are no woods around it, unless they are talking behind the school by the fields. There is a gun range about a mile away. eh, wtf.

School: Someone saw 2 hunters with shotguns, somewhere in the vague vicinity of the school and called police. When police couldn't find the hunter's initiate lock down drill.

Complete over reaction. As far as has been reported zero laws were broken, but someone saw an evil gun so make the school a prison.

School: Someone saw 2 hunters with shotguns, somewhere in the vague vicinity of the school and called police. When police couldn't find the hunter's initiate lock down drill.

Complete over reaction. As far as has been reported zero laws were broken, but someone saw an evil gun so make the school a prison.

Must be a new Lib in the area. The town is fairly conservative and very close to a gun range... so guns should not surprise anyone. I regularly see hunters off of route 571 (the main road the school is on) during the season.

Eh, so what... this is the 3rd lockdown today? I remember on the news 2 or 3 or so schools in AZ were on lockdown.

I grew up and live in this town. I was actually in the area when the police and choppers came blazing to the scene. Needless to say I was a bit shocked as we're just small-town folk, and the most excitement we get is the occasional driver pulled over for speeding or making a right at a no-turn-on-red light. Word spread pretty quickly, and as soon as I heard I reached out to a LEO friend who confirmed the above (as well as my mother who was teaching at WWP-HSN). Sitting at the coffee shop in town tonight, plenty of people were talking about how it was duck hunters by the pond behind the elementary school off in the woods. The elementary, middle, and high school in Plainsboro (the other set of schools are in West Windsor-- its a joint school district) are all clustered together, with Plainsboro pond and the woods/marshes located behind the middle and elementary school.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Plainsboro is a conservative town. The difference is that the farmers have had the majority of influence going back to when the town was founded, and often they can be seen going around their property with shotguns over their shoulders. My speculation is that because of their influence, Plainsboro does not have a No-Discharge law (while West Windsor does). Either way, no harm, no foul-- just a bit of nerves it seems.

Ben it was Plainsboro North?

The article said WWPHS South.... that is why I was like... WTF?

This makes more sense now. Yes, Plainsboro is a bit more ethinically diverse... with alot of new Asians and indians moving down... more liberal.