alec.mc

2/17/13 - Steel @ OBRPC

I don't know what this means Steve -- It is a single stack 1911 if that's what your asking

Jer,

Personally if I were you I'd start him out on a standard kydex 1911 holster. Blade Tech is good quality.

The different USPSA divisions [ production / limited / limited 10 / open / revolver ] have different requirements and restrictions for what you can run on your belt, and gun

I dont think a 1911 is allowed in production because it doesnt have a double action ( somebody will correct me if I am mistaken , not to familar with the rules of this catogory )

He can shoot in single stack minor, but mag holsters need to be behind your pelvis / hip bone or something ( on your side, nothing in front ) and he cannot have a " drop / offset " on his holster. No " race " holsters, etc

Just keep it basic.

If he wants those things for whatever reason, he can shoot L-10 Minor, which has less rescrictions.

Some other , more knowledgable people will chime in soon I'm sure.

-Alec

Thanks Guys -- I've got some reading to do -- Our goal this year is definitely USPSA -- It's time to get him set up

I just was reading some about the cr speed like Dave had said -- My problem is being overwhelmed with options -- He has no "draw stroke" so it's a clean slate to start --

I'm beginning to wonder if I should be consulting with professionals to get him started right and not teach him the wrong thing right from the beginning -- It's all new to me too so I'm learning as well

I actually found that I am better if I shoot my revolvers in D/A. I take my time, know how to stage the trigger, it seems to work better for me. Single action, while it feels great, lets me tend to rush things and miss more.

plus, cocking the revolver into single action for every shot is a colossal waste of time.

shooting revolvers will probably be better training for my heavy triggered duty glock. It will make that pull seem light

I would recommend taking the side plate off and filling the internals of your revolver with sand if you want to match your issued service trigger.

oh man that one vid was from my first ever steel shot.. and with a 45 shot for practically the first time.but there has been major improvements in all out shooting.. and not to feed the beast, but Alec's kinda got it in the bag.... wish i could watch when this revo battle takes place :-(