mipafox

Pennsylvania No Longer Recognizes Florida Non-Res

I don't think so:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf

Now, therefore, the parties do hearby agree as follows:

1. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shal give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the State of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida; and

I would like to push FL to drop all reciprocity with PA. Even though that would hurt me, since FL does not accept non-resident licenses and I wouldn't be able to carry there anymore. However, because Fl doesn't accept non-resident licenses, I don't think they will be sympathetic to my cause of punishing PA for doing the same.

It does not mention non resident, think what they did was close loophole where pa residents that were not able to get a pa permit had applied and recieved fl permit to carry in pa..

There are no PA residents that can't get a PA permit but can get a FL permit. You were lied to.

Wait a week and see what shakes out. I don't understand it all, but she may not have the authority to change the agreements in quite this manner. See if any immediate challenges come up. Also, she might announce her next target if she has one. But, yeah, we're probably boned until her ass is gone. Just my two cents.

Makes me wonder about PA (non-Phila) OPEN carry with this change.

In PA (not sure about Philly), you can carry in a car with a license from any other state.  No reciprocity is required.  But you would have to open carry.  So, technically, I think you still can open carry on foot and in a car on a FL non-res license.

Keep in mind that OC increases your chances of an encounter with police in communist areas, when pulled over, or if they see you getting out of a car with out of state plates. And, this will put a stigma on the FL license in the communist southeast of the Commonwealth and it may take a few hours in jail before they figure out you are legal. All hypothetically speaking.

If it's completely covered then it's concealed for sure. Having your coat over it would be concealed. I'm not an expert on that sort of minutiae, there is no clear definition from what I can tell. Would revert to common law, case law, English language, commonly accepted lawyerly crap, stuff I can't pin down.

http://www.attorneyg...ime.aspx?id=184

Unless I'm missing something it seems that this pertains only to PA residents with a FL non res permit. It doesn't mention residents of other states, just PA. It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out.

wrong.

see#4:

(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the licensee is a resident of the State of Florida.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

They closed all non-resident FL CCWs now from carrying in PA, not ONLY PA residents that have FL CCW