mipafox

Pennsylvania No Longer Recognizes Florida Non-Res

Bleeding Orange36 - are you hunting, fishing, training dogs, etc? I don't know much about the Pa Sportsman's permit but you can look into it.

Title 18

§6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license.

© Sportsman's firearm permit.—

(1) Before any exception shall be granted under paragraph (b)(9) or (10) of this section to any person 18 years of age or older licensed to hunt, trap or fish or who has been issued a permit relating to hunting dogs, such person shall, at the time of securing his hunting, furtaking or fishing license or any time after such license has been issued, secure a sportsman's firearm permit from the county treasurer.

The sportsman's firearm permit shall be issued immediately and be valid throughout this Commonwealth for a period of five years from the date of issue for any legal firearm, when carried in conjunction with a valid hunting, furtaking or fishing license or permit relating to hunting dogs. The sportsman's firearm permit shall be in triplicate on a form to be furnished by the Pennsylvania State Police.

The original permit shall be delivered to the person, and the first copy thereof, within seven days, shall be forwarded to the Commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police by the county treasurer. The second copy shall be retained by the county treasurer for a period of two years from the date of expiration. The county treasurer shall be entitled to collect a fee of not more than $6 for each such permit issued, which shall include the cost of any official form. The Pennsylvania State Police may recover from the county treasurer the cost of any such form, but may not charge more than $1 for each official permit form furnished to the county treasurer.

(2) Any person who sells or attempts to sell a sportsman's firearm permit for a fee in excess of that amount fixed under this subsection commits a summary offense.

It's almost as if they did this to intentionally screw us over in NJ. Today I got the Florida permit in the mail too

I think the NJ resident (or any state other than PA) with a FL permit was an unintended consequence. Her idea of "FL loophole" was a Phila resident that was denied a PA LTCF for a stupid reason...like parking tickets...going to FL for a permit.

I think the NJ resident (or any state other than PA) with a FL permit was an unintended consequence. Her idea of "FL loophole" was a Phila resident that was denied a PA LTCF for a stupid reason...like parking tickets...going to FL for a permit.

if those were her intentions, she could have fixed that without denying all of us in NJ the ability to carry there. FL actually has that in their law, it says if you are a FL resident you HAVE to have a FL CCW to carry there.

if those were her intentions, she could have fixed that without denying all of us in NJ the ability to carry there. FL actually has that in their law, it says if you are a FL resident you HAVE to have a FL CCW to carry there.

That's true. However, SHE couldn't make that change. It has to be changed through legislation.

I think the NJ resident (or any state other than PA) with a FL permit was an unintended consequence.  Her idea of "FL loophole" was a Phila resident that was denied a PA LTCF for a stupid reason...like parking tickets...going to FL for a permit.

She works for Doucheberg.  She'd put an end to all carry permits in Pennsylvania, Florida, and the rest of America if she could.  If jersey was an unintended consequence, she'd still be delighted to hear about it.

So was this officially passed or still needs to be voted on?

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploadedFiles/Crime/firearms_agreement_florida_pa.pdf

SIgned by both FL and PA.

Item #1 of the agreement:

"The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania shall give full faith and credit to a valid Concealed Handgun License issued by the state of Florida to legal residents of the State of Florida"

Jersey residents who have FL CCW's (like me) are f'd....

efff.. I was just at the sheriffs office yesterday... I should have gotten my permit... guess I need to do that now..

Yes, but there is a phase-in period. So you can carry until you get your LTCF if your Sheriff is one of the ones that doesn't give it to you on the spot.

I don't understand...the AG can just change statutes willy-nilly?

Florida is not a statutory reciprocity state. Like most AGs in America, she has the authority (and obligation) to enter into firearm carry reciprocity agreements with other states. What is unclear is whether she has the power to reenter (?) into agreements with states that already have agreements. She does not have the statutory power to cancel or change them.

This sucks but just another reason I keep multiple state CCW license active, PA still recognizes my VA and AZ CCW's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just an FYI, Ohio does NOT recognize non-res AZ. Only state they don't recognize non-rez from. I think that makes Ohio and PA the only two states that have chosen a single other state (instead of all other states) from which to not honor non-res licenses.

I can't believe the people in PA voted her in this past year....

Every one of her commercials was entirely anti-gun...

She said she would close the "gun show loophole"

She also said she would make it so that people not eligible for a PA CCW can't go down to Florida and get one...

This isn't a surprise attack... She said it loud and clear on every commercial..

Contrary to popular belief.... PA is only considered 'mid-pack' as far as Second Amendment rights.

Beware PA, of liberalites encroaching on this new Nanny Dramaville attitude by these disguised politicians. Gun rights are only a barometer measuring future heavy taxation, control freak laws, electronic surveillance systems used by the govt and further enchroachment into personal liberties all the way into your homes. To mention just a few. They race eachother more and more, to resemble NJ, CA, NY, ALL bad.