mipafox

Pennsylvania No Longer Recognizes Florida Non-Res

I was hoping there was a way around it, so I called Edward Donnelly, the sheriff for Bucks County. I was told, even though NJ criteria for CCW is so restrictive that I can't get one, without it they cannot issue a non-resident CCW permit even with a FLA permit in hand.

Nothing is stopping them, unless other states decide to drop PA's reciprocity in retaliation. r

Since PA still recognizes FL residents, and FL still recognizes PA residents, they're not going to retaliate. My concern, is that PA, and many of the others may just follow each other around and limit the reciprocity to residents of the respective states, which satisfies the intent of the reciprocity, while leaving non-resident permit holders twisting in the wind.

Andy what do you need that gun for anyway ?? NH app was mailed this morning. Waiting for AZ and VA packet to come in and those will be next. I will keep going down the list if I have to. She will have to ban all non residents to stop me from carrying there!!

Andy what do you need that gun for anyway ?? NH app was mailed this morning. Waiting for AZ and VA packet to come in and those will be next. I will keep going down the list if I have to. She will have to ban all non residents to stop me from carrying there!!

Is there a convenient list somewhere with links to request any/all CCW application packets?

http://handgunlaw.us has the links on each of their state law pdf's.

FWIW, UT closed that "loophole" with PA last year or the year before. They say that if your state has reciprocity with UT, you must first show you have a permit from your state before UT will issue a non-resident permit. If your state does not have reciprocity with UT, they will issue it upon completing their requirements.

UT is likely your safest bet to keep carrying in PA (though, NH, VA, and AZ also still are valid at this point).

Since PA still recognizes FL residents, and FL still recognizes PA residents, they're not going to retaliate. My concern, is that PA, and many of the others may just follow each other around and limit the reciprocity to residents of the respective states, which satisfies the intent of the reciprocity, while leaving non-resident permit holders twisting in the wind.

But Florida and Utah make a ton of money from non resident permits. The Florida for some, just became less useful for a portion of their consumers

I guess you did not read the article..

Wrong, I did.  You were lied to.

Apparently if anyone owed the state money from parking tickets or other fines that were not criminal..

Either way if you read the article it says closing loophole where pa residents that were not able to obtain a ccp in pa were getting an out of state FL CCWP.

so if someone owed pa 800.00 for fines they could get a 125.00 fl CCWP..

Wrong yet again.  Just because Philly breaks the law and requires paperwork they are not allowed to, information they are not allowed to request, and uses standards they are not allowed to under law - including not just "unpaid" parking tickets, but JUST MORE PAID PARKING TICKETS THAN WE LIKE - Does not mean they can't get LTCF in Philly.  Those people CAN get a LTCF in Philly in quick order.  Hire an attorney and spend a few thousand dollars on an appeal - the success rate is over 99%.  How about that? Those kind of numbers kind of speak for themselves, don't they?

It is kind of funny, though, that even though you have no idea what you are talking about, you assume you know better after reading an article in a ragsheet.  It's even funnier that this was right after I pointed out that they were lying to you.

Wrong, I did. You were lied to.

Wrong yet again. Just because Philly breaks the law and requires paperwork they are not allowed to, information they are not allowed to request, and uses standards they are not allowed to under law - including not just "unpaid" parking tickets, but JUST MORE PAID PARKING TICKETS THAN WE LIKE - Does not mean they can't get LTCF in Philly. Those people CAN get a LTCF in Philly in quick order. Hire an attorney and spend a few thousand dollars on an appeal - the success rate is over 99%. How about that? Those kind of numbers kind of speak for themselves, don't they?

It is kind of funny, though, that even though you have no idea what you are talking about, you assume you know better after reading an article in a ragsheet. It's even funnier that this was right after I pointed out that they were lying to you.

I still do not think you read the article ?

I still do not think you read the article ?

I just looked through this thread again to see if there was another article that I had not seen and couldn't find one.

If you would please, first tell me how you disagree with what I said, specifically.  Then, please tell me where I can find the article you are reading.

Are you talking about people that owe money to the government for fines or parking tickets? I already addressed that in my first response to you:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/47896-pennsylvania-no-longer-recognizes-florida-non-res/page__view__findpost__p__631375

If you owe money to the government for fines or parking tickets, you can still get your LTCF. They can't stop you. They can deny you, but that is illegal of them to do, and you'll have it on appeal on the spot.

Wow PA not stopping with the gun bills HB517 was introduced and its similar to the Current NJ AWB

It's introduced every year, along with a couple dozen others.  It doesn't have a chance.  In PA, that is.  Not sure about NJ.

Did you notice all the pro-gun rights bills introduced in PA? More are coming this week...

It's introduced every year, along with a couple dozen others. It doesn't have a chance. In PA, that is. Not sure about NJ.

Did you notice all the pro-gun rights bills introduced in PA? More are coming this week...

right... just because something is introduced does not mean it will gain any traction..

there are MANY PRO gun things being introduced.. I cant even believe all the pro gun things I read about on PA gun forums.. ..

for all you worried about them blocking other states... I dont know that they will go after other states... this whole thing is just a show for philly....

<p>

On the nh application do I list my Florida permit number as home permit number or leave blank since I live in New Jersey

* ALL LICENSE APPLICANTS - - PLEASE NOTE:A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by

YUP got that part... the part i wasnt sure about was the HOME permit number. I dont have a RESIDENT ccw permit. Only non resident so I just left it blank copied my Non resident CCW and dropped it in the mail. They are state troopers they can figure it out im sure.

<p>

* ALL LICENSE APPLICANTS - - PLEASE NOTE:A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by

I just looked through this thread again to see if there was another article that I had not seen and couldn't find one.

If you would please, first tell me how you disagree with what I said, specifically. Then, please tell me where I can find the article you are reading.

HAHA, Sorry man i was playing with you i really thought i was going to get you one more time.. :p The parking ticket theory i got from another post..

I was in class with a woman who works with an assemblywoman in PA. She says they are indeed coming after ALL non-resident reciprocity agreements with PA.

Soon all of our non residents for PA will be useless.. shit happens. When i called and spoke to the AG office they confirmed it. So, my repky of "well your just forcing me to open carry then" drew a sigh of disgust lol

I was in class with a woman who works with an assemblywoman in PA. She says they are indeed coming after ALL non-resident reciprocity agreements with PA.

Soon all of our non residents for PA will be useless.. shit happens. When i called and spoke to the AG office they confirmed it. So, my repky of "well your just forcing me to open carry then" drew a sigh of disgust lol

Most states aren't Florida.  Majority of states will likely respond by refusing to recognize reciprocity with PA any longer under the current atmosphere.  That skank may be happy with that, but it will be a huge deal she won't be able to blow off.

And, the really big unforeseen consequence.  It's looking like Constitutional Carry is going to get more support this year than ever before simply due to her Florida nonsense.  If she goes after all reciprocity agreements you guys probably have a 75% chance you'll be carrying in PA without a permit in a year.  At least open carry (vehicle requirement gone), if not full carry rights.

Most states aren't Florida. Majority of states will likely respond by refusing to recognize reciprocity with PA any longer under the current atmosphere. That skank may be happy with that, but it will be a huge deal she won't be able to blow off.

And, the really big unforeseen consequence. It's looking like Constitutional Carry is going to get more support this year than ever before simply due to her Florida nonsense. If she goes after all reciprocity agreements you guys probably have a 75% chance you'll be carrying in PA without a permit in a year. At least open carry (vehicle requirement gone), if not full carry rights.

Isn't there a directive from the PA legislature ordering the AG to pursue reciprocity agreements? If so, how can she go after them?