mipafox

Pennsylvania No Longer Recognizes Florida Non-Res

At least open carry (vehicle requirement gone), if not full carry rights.

If I'm not mistaken, in PA, if you have a carry permit/license from any state, whether they have reciprocity with PA or not, you can legally carry a handgun in a vehicle. So you can open carry with no permit/license (except in Philly or when a SOE is in effect) and just get in your car, providing you have any states permit/license. Correct?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

If I'm not mistaken, in PA, if you have a carry permit/license from any state, whether they have reciprocity with PA or not, you can legally carry a handgun in a vehicle. So you can open carry with no permit/license (except in Philly or when a SOE is in effect) and just get in your car, providing you have any states permit/license. Correct?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Does this mean if I'm traveling through PA in my motorhome I can just throw my handgun up on the dash? Have in my holster on my side open carry? I do have a FL non-res cc permit.

Does this mean if I'm traveling through PA in my motorhome I can just throw my handgun up on the dash? Have in my holster on my side open carry? I do have a FL non-res cc permit.

for right this second PA honors FL license to carry a firearm... this expires shortly.. (June 8th I believe)

until then if you have a FL LTCF you can carry both openly and concealed.. both in and out of a vehicle...

after June 8th.. that will no longer be the case..

Been trying the CT permit number for CCW to get an application. No answer all day,

I got through in one shot and got the packet in the mail a few days after.

You do need a CCW from another state first before you can apply for CT. And as Vlad said it's not valid in PA.

Does this mean if I'm traveling through PA in my motorhome I can just throw my handgun up on the dash?  Have in my holster on my side open carry? I do have a FL non-res cc permit.

Yes, even after the new "agreement" goes into effect, you can open carry in a vehicle with a permit from any state, whether PA recognizes it for reciprocity or not. Don't conceal if PA does not have reciprocity, or even does not honor non-resident permits (FL) just in case. And don't take it out of your car in Philly, even OC, without a fully-honored reciprocal license.

As far as I know, PA doesn't recognize a CT non resident permit.

I got through in one shot and got the packet in the mail a few days after.

You do need a CCW from another state first before you can apply for CT. And as Vlad said it's not valid in PA.

I have CT because I travel there and have relatives that live there. For a FL Non-Resident replacement that covers PA there are still a few like AZ, NH, UT, and VA. While AZ, NH and VA also have reciprocity agreements with PA, UT has statutory reciprocity under 6105(b)(15) without a formal agreement.

Yes, even after the new "agreement" goes into effect, you can open carry in a vehicle with a permit from any state, whether PA recognizes it for reciprocity or not. Don't conceal if PA does not have reciprocity, or even does not honor non-resident permits (FL) just in case. And don't take it out of your car in Philly, even OC, without a fully-honored reciprocal license.

Thanks, I don't go to philly anyway...just another sh!t hole I never care to visit. It's not like I carry just because I can in the states I'm allowed, I usually only carry when I go out dual sporting my dirt bike in no mans land in other states....you never know, I may need to kill something to eat if I get lost....I've been in some very remote spots across the country. I probably wouldn't throw my gun up on the dash anyway.............Hmm this brings up another question. I had heard a motorhome can be considered your residence while traveling. Does this have any bearing on having a firearm in my motorhome?

Just wondering.

A motorhome is NOT a structure. And therefore cannot be considered a "permanent" residence. It is a vehicle, before it is a home.

That is the reply i got when asking.

A motorhome is NOT a structure. And therefore cannot be considered a "permanent" residence. It is a vehicle, before it is a home.

Thanks

so far, that's what I've been finding......if I find something different I'll post up

Utah is recognized by statute. So it will take an act of the legislature to change it.

Florida is reciprocal by agreement. The AG has to just modify the agreement.

This is why it is easier to modify FL than it is for UT.

I don't see the Governor signing a bill which kills the UT non-res.

That's interesting because the FCC considers it to be a home. I would imagine if someone parks up their RV in a park long term it can be considered their residence. A lot of RVers don't have a real home, only the RV.

What exactly constitutes OC in a vehicle.....please ?

You can carry a firearm in a vehicle in PA with a carry permit from any state. You don't have to play games like putting it on the dashboard. I am not a lawyer. Look at this link and read §6106(a) and (b), with special attention to (b)(11). Note that "firearm" means handgun, SBR, SBS, small AOW, etc. in this section, not Title I rifle or shotgun (common longuns). Stay out of Philly and don't conceal to avoid problematic situations of legal peril without a license that has reciprocity.

http://www.acslpa.org/html/pa_uniform_firearms_act.html

Good job by the OP for finding this. None of it applies to me personally but it shows the direction of which PA is slowly headed.

with all due respect.. it is IMO not the direction PA is heading.. it is just a show for places like Philly...

PA is also in the process of trying to push legislation to protect gun rights...

Utah is recognized by statute. So it will take an act of the legislature to change it.

Florida is reciprocal by agreement. The AG has to just modify the agreement.

This is why it is easier to modify FL than it is for UT.

I don't see the Governor signing a bill which kills the UT non-res.

I hope this is true, I have to go to Philly for the weekend for work and carry because its freaking dangerous on those subways, I have my UT and VA also Florida but that does me no good, anyways it looks like the loophole for UT has been closed for a while with the whole you have to have a license from your state if we honor it thing, I'm guessing we'll all be pretty safe with a UT license

as of right now it's all rumors, she's getting some politicians really angry so hopefully she catches on and backs off before they take the power away from her by making reciprocity a legislation thing or pass full on constitutional carry including Philly, that would make her look really bad

as of right now it's all rumors, she's getting some politicians really angry so hopefully she catches on and backs off before they take the power away from her by making reciprocity a legislation thing or pass full on constitutional carry including Philly, that would make her look really bad

She has to also answer to her masters, namely Bloomberg and co who financed her campaign. She promised to review all agreements and renegotiate or terminate those that did not meet PA standards.

http://www.pagunrights.com/2012/11/kathleen-kane-gets-anti-gun-support/

For a supposedly pro gun state I have no idea how she got elected.

OK so i guess its time to start looking at UT.. what are the details on that? Can anyone point me to a thread??

http://gunforhire.com/classes/utah-ccw/

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html

I took it at Gun for Hire - RTSP Campus. What a breeze.