So I just got back from the rally and the timing of Rush Holt's response almost feels like a giant F U.

I will respond to this clown and show him how "illogical" the truth is. I will show him how many minutes after midnight into 2013, it took for the first murder to occur in Trenton despite his useless laws that he claims "keep us safe". I will send him the FBI statistics to show that the highest crime rates occur in areas with the most strict gun control laws. And since I know he does not care about the truth, but rather only cares about his politica agendas and to ensure he remains a lifer, I will remind him that I vote and I will keep his "ideologies" on gun control in mind when I go to the polls in November of 2014.

Here is the email I got from this illogical moron. Feel free to load up his inbox:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun-related violence. I appreciate knowing your views, and I apologize for the delay in my response.

During 2012, horrific acts of gun-related violence were perpetrated in Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, New Jersey, and especially tragically, the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. While I join all Americans in sending my thoughts and prayers to the victim of gun crimes across the country, it's simply not enough for us to express our condolences. We must take action to make it harder for these tragedies to strike our communities.

We should remember that each day on average more than 80 Americans are killed by gunfire, unnecessary tragedies. All of these deaths, whether from homicide or suicide or accident, are tragic, and we must act to prevent as many as possible. Arguments that gun safety legislation won't help the situation seem to me illogical or blindly ideological.

I strongly support the effort Senators Lautenberg and Menendez are engaged in to require face-to-face ammunition purchasing requirements, and I am a co-sponsor of Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's companion bill (H. R. 142) in the House. I am also a co-sponsor of bills to strengthen background checks (H. R. 137), to close the gun show loophole that allows sales without the background checks (H. R. 141), and to prohibit the sale or possession of large capacity magazines, clips or drums (H. R. 138).

I successfully amended the House passed Fiscal Year 11 budget to ensure that the Department of Justice fully funded the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Improvement Amendments Act of 2007. NICS is a national database system that keeps track of individuals disqualified under current law from purchasing and possessing firearms. I am also a co-sponsor of Rep. McCarthy's "Fix Gun Checks Act" (H.R. 137), which would, among other things, extend the Brady Act background check procedures to unlicensed transferors and transferees of firearms.

I was pleased that Vice President Biden's Gun Violence Task Force recommendations embraced so many of these same concepts that I have long supported. Law enforcement organizations such as the International Association of Chiefs of Police understand that common-sense controls on the ownership and possession of firearms is important if we are to keep our streets safe. New Jersey's gun laws are strong, sensible, and help to keep us safe. Police, hobbyists, hunters, and other citizens live very comfortably under New Jersey's laws but our safety is undercut by lax laws in other states. I have opposed NRA giveaways like the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act that would trump state law and let anyone licensed in any state carry a concealed weapon in New Jersey. I will oppose strongly any efforts to undermine New Jersey's own effective gun control laws. At the start of the 113th Congress in January 2013, I introduced the Handgun Licensing and Registration Act (H. R. 117), which is modeled on the New Jersey law, and would extend the law uniformly across the country. It has worked in our state to help prevent "straw purchases" and other illegal efforts to obtain guns, and I believe such an approach can work nationally.

Communities across this country have suffered because the House Tea Party majority has also tried to cut back funding for local police departments and even proposed eliminating the highly successful Community Oriented Policing Services COPS program. Cities and towns across our state have seen federal funding for programs like COPS slashed several years in a row, and predictably, the loss of police officers on the beat has been matched by an increase in violent crime in our state and around the nation.

During the 112th Congress, I helped lead a bipartisan group successfully doubling funding for the COPS program in the Fiscal Year 2013 Justice Department appropriations bill, which resulted in an additional $94 million for the COPS program. Additionally, I also offered an amendment to close a loophole in the Sportsman's Heritage Act, H. R. 4089, that would have allowed hunting in all units of the National Parks System. Under the bill, hunting would be permitted in Great Falls National Historic Park in the heart of Paterson, the third-largest city in New Jersey. Unfortunately, the amendment ultimately was not successful. During the 113th Congress, I will be pressing for full funding for the COPS program to help bring down violent crime in New Jersey and across the nation.

It's actions like these—improved regulation of firearms and who can obtain them, along with proper funding of our police forces and mental health services—that are the key ingredients in making tragedies like the ones in Colorado, Wisconsin, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut less likely to happen. But we need all concerned Americans to raise their voice in support of sensible gun control changes being considered in Congress.

In its 2008 decision in the Heller vs. District of Columbia case, the Supreme Court affirmed that "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home" and that "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited." I am pleased that the Supreme Court has recognized the legitimacy of efforts by states and localities to regulate the sale of handguns and to place limits on where those guns can be taken and used outside of a person's home, as well as on the apparent validity of licensing requirements and whether convicted felons can own firearms. I will continue to support common-sense legislation that helps to protect our communities from gun violence.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. To learn more about my work on this and other issues, please visit my website at http://holt.house.gov. I look forward to hearing from you again about this and other issues.

Sincerely,

RUSH HOLT

Member of Congress

P.S. Just a reminder: I always want to hear from you, but please don't reply to this e-mail. Instead, please email me through my website at http://holt.house.gov/contact or call me at 1-87-RUSH-HOLT (1-877-874-4658) to let me know what's on your mind.

my response to Holt, just sent

Itemized responses to your reply dated 8-Feb regarding gun control legislation.

1) Face-to-face ammo purchases cut out key contributors to the economy and do nothing to improve the process. If ammo retailers needed to see an ID card or a drivers license number that can easily be collected online. Feel-good legislation with negative economic impact for both retailers and consumers

2)I invite you to take a home invasion prep class (available in NJ) and limit yourself to a 5 round magazine and see how you fair. Keep in mind average # of assailants in home invasions when victim is home is between 3 & 4; and this isn't one-hit-kills like James Bond

3) NICS improvement was actually passed under Bush after Va.Tech; but this administration has withheld over 80% of the funds allocated to fix the system. Why are you wasting time re-passing the same legislation?

4) If NJ laws do such a great job at violent crime prevention how do you explain Camden and Newark? FBI stats show high population areas with strict gun control have exponentially higher gun crime than those when civilians have CCW rights. Newark's mayor (also a democrat) has spoken at length about this.

5)The only common sense in your entire email was reference to the SCOTUS Heller vs DC case. Everything else is knee-jerk feel-good ideas based on ignoring the facts and being uneducated and/or outright biased against firearms.

While I'd welcome an actual thought out response or dialog on this topic I don't anticipate it. Assuming you're unwilling to listen to reason or statistics I will be voting and donating to your competition as readily as I can.

I got the same canned response. I replied to let him know that he was obviously "towing the party line" and that by not listening to his constituents, him and other anti-2nd amendment politicians would eventually be removed from office.

Excellent reply. I had the bad luck of being in his district for many years - and got the same types of response each and every time. Not to mention being signed up automatically to his newsletter (which I never asked for).

For a rocket scientist, he lacks true common sense...

You realize you're not going to change his mind, right? Your email response should be that you will work with grassroots political organizations to ensure that he loses his job when he's up for reelection.

You realize you're not going to change his mind, right? Your email response should be that you will work with grassroots political organizations to ensure that he loses his job when he's up for reelection.

Yea i'm sure he won't change his mind so I will include that in my response. Other than voter fraud, I don't know how these people constantly get re-elected. I don't personally know anyone who has voted for him, Lautenberg, Menendez or Obama.

In its 2008 decision in the Heller vs. District of Columbia case, the Supreme Court affirmed that "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home" and that "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited." I am pleased that the Supreme Court has recognized the legitimacy of efforts by states and localities to regulate the sale of handguns and to place limits on where those guns can be taken and used outside of a person's home, as well as on the apparent validity of licensing requirements and whether convicted felons can own firearms. I will continue to support common-sense legislation that helps to protect our communities from gun violence.

I keep seeing this statement in anti's responses, seems to be their go to defense. It is taking out of context. Here is the actual wording from the Heller:

"The Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."

Your response should also include a promise to fund any and all of his opponents, democrat or republican.

Step one is get them out. Even an anti freshman is less bad than an anti owed lots of favors.

Note one thing. Rush Holt is a practicing Quaker. He does not believe that anybody should own weapons for the taking of life.

There have been Quakers who were so passionate about this that when they were drafted during World War II, they requested to serve as medics so they would carry no weapons.

I respect his beliefs. But he can have those beliefs as a private citizen not as a member of congress.

The only thing you can do is vote him out.

My response:

Representative Holt,

Thank you for responding to me. Unfortunately, your response was a canned response so I cannot be certain that you actually do know my views. In fact, despite my views, you have decide to not represent me, your constituent, by supporting Senators Lautenberg and Menendez and by co-sponsoring bills H. R. 137, H. R. 138, H. R. 141 and H. R. 142. These bills are in fact “illogical and blindly ideological” because not one of them would’ve prevented the recent tragedies. Not one of these bills affects how criminals purchase weapons. Criminals DO NOT buy guns from gun shows. Criminals do not follow the laws that are already in place and they won’t change their mind for new laws. These bills add an extra burden and cost on law abiding gun owners who have already adhered to the laws that are in place. We are not the problem. Since you have failed to represent me, I will work extensively with grass roots organizations to ensure you are not re-elected.

You have taken an oath to protect and uphold The Constitution of The United States of America. The bills you have introduced and co-sponsored do not reflect that oath. In your response, you have taken quotes from case law out of context. You should re-read the Heller vs. District of Columbia decision. You should also familiarize yourself with McDonald vs. Chicago. You will find that:

“Chicago enacted its handgun ban to protect its residents “from the loss of property and injury or death from firearms.” See Chicago, Ill., Journal of Proceedings of the City Council, p. 10049 (Mar. 19, 1982). The Chicago petitioners and their amici, however, argue that the handgun ban has left them vulnerable to criminals. Chicago Police Department statistics, we are told, reveal that the City’s handgun murder rate has actually increased since the ban was enacted and that Chicago residents now face one of the highest murder rates in the country and rates of other violent crimes that exceed the average in comparable cities.”

How is it you find arguments against such overreaching legislation that is falsely painted with the name of safety, as “illogical or blindly ideological”? Look at the facts. Look at the statistics. Areas like New Jersey, New York, Washington D.C., Chicago and Los Angeles have the highest violent crime rates despite having the most stringent gun laws. These “common-sense” laws do nothing to keep good people safe. Every time we leave our home, we are a potential victim. The first fatal shooting in Trenton of 2013, happened 55 minutes after the stroke of midnight. Gangs are expanding from cities like New Brunswick and Plainfield and yet rather than enforcing the laws we already have and punishing the criminals, you seek to add more laws that only good people follow? Tell me how this is not “illogical”. Stop manufacturing criminals. During your tenure, Camden has risen to become the most dangerous city in America. States such as, Wyoming, Texas, Mississippi and Virginia have drafted and in some cases passed legislation that bans the enforcement of any newly adopted federal gun laws. Hundreds of Sheriffs across the country are opposed to furthering gun control laws. Orange County New York has passed a Second Amendment resolution in response to the ridiculous laws enacted by Governor Cuomo. Don’t simply take action for the sake of taking action. The Second Amendment is a God given right and it cannot be infringed.

You do not know me. You do not know my family. You do not know my landscape. You do not know my future. You do not know what I may encounter. You do not represent me. And you shall not dictate what type of gun or how many bullets I can use to protect my family!

Thank you,

Tried and failed many times. His district will always be blue...

Well, one option would be to run a pro-gun Democrat in the primary once he runs again. That is one way to suck campaign cash out of his coffers.