mikelets456

10 Million gun owner march in May...mark it, be there!

I'm in...we should all get hotel rooms and take DC by storm after the rally

Not a bad idea, is there anyone that's familiar with the area, well maybe not the Immediate area but someplace say 30 minutes away that we would be able to take public transportation to this. That would probably allow for lower cost of lodging, as well as an easy way to get to the event and keep people from here in a common area.

Maybe even make it a weekend mini vacation out of it.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The worst dump I've ever stayed in was at the Harrington.

http://www.hotel-harrington.com/

It's cheap consdering it's a block away from the mall and a couple of blocks away from the white house. But you don't want to stay there.

I've stayed at another place north of the Dupont circle (I forgot the name, have to ask the wife) That's much nicer for not too much more money.

A great place to visit in the DC area is the Udvar-Hazy Center.

http://airandspace.si.edu/udvarhazy/

It's part of the National Air and Space Museum. The have the Enola Gay and a SR71 in display. Great place to visit, though a little of the way.

I like the idea and would probably go if we did organize some buses, etc. But IMO, I really DO NOT like the fact that they've put a number on this, 10M. Its only setting it up for media ridicule when only 200,000 show up. You know they will focus and report how the event was a failure by not measuring up to estimated attendence, instead of reporting that there was a very, very large rally held in DC that day.

Not sure it's the best idea having it on the same weekend as Rolling Thunder. On one hand I'm positive the vast majority of the Rolling Thunder participants are probably gun owners or at least supporters of gun rights and thus capitalizing on them being there anyway will boost the numbers, on the other hand they may be annoyed about distracting from the POW/MIA message.

Whoever is organizing this gun rally needs to get buy-in from the Rolling Thunder crew, otherwise it's a bit of a slap in their faces. If they can get buy-in from the Rolling Thunder people it will be a huge event for both with a lot of cross support.