ryan_j

LaRue tactical limits LE sales to same as civilian

http://www.firearmsp...lian-standards/

That takes some stones.

First of all it's about to get worse in CA than it is in NY. With the legislature packed with democrats it's pretty much a certainty that quite a bit will pass. Everything from outlawing detachable magazines to mandatory insurance for gun owners is in the pipeline.

So in response, LaRue tactical, a small manufacturer in Texas decides that all sales to LE departments (excluding federal and the military) will be to the same standards that civilians are held to. For example, the same mag limits and feature prohibitions.

That's sure to whizz some people off, and the comments on FPC's facebook posting and LaRue's facebook are already drawing some nasty responses.

Better yet, BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM when you send them your thank you letter. Make up for one of the sales.

I have LaRue Tactical mounts on two of my rifles, and they are the best in the world. Plus, they send you an Aardvark bottle opener and maybe even some BBQ rub if you are lucky. BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM.

Better yet, BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM when you send them your thank you letter. Make up for one of the sales.

I have LaRue Tactical mounts on two of my rifles, and they are the best in the world. Plus, they send you an Aardvark bottle opener and maybe even some BBQ rub if you are lucky. BUY SOMETHING FROM THEM.

It's an armadillo, not an ardvark and yes thier stuff is top notch.

its not hard guys. Go to the webpages of S&W, Ruger, Colt, FN, Remingon, Glock, Mossberg, Kimber, Sig, Bushmaster, etc and click on the "Contact Us" button nearly everyone has.

Then call them or write them a note saying basically if you want me to support you, then support us. Without us, there is not a big enough market for them to exist on government contracts alone.

Yes, I know it will take an hour to contact 20-30 manufacturers. I think its worth it.

Also, contact NSSF, they represent the industry.

its not hard guys. Go to the webpages of S&W, Ruger, Colt, FN, Remingon, Glock, Mossberg, Kimber, Sig, Bushmaster, etc and click on the "Contact Us" button nearly everyone has.

Then call them or write them a note saying basically if you want me to support you, then support us. Without us, there is not a big enough market for them to exist on government contracts alone.

Yes, I know it will take an hour to contact 20-30 manufacturers. I think its worth it.

Disregard last post

I believe Barrett did the same thing in NJ when the last "AWB" was passed. They basically held the government to the same standards as civvies. Essentially they said that if the civilian market wasn't allowed to own their firearms, neither would they sell to L.E. departments. It seemed to draw quite a bit of criticism but it worked. I plan on writing the companies tomorrow and following up with phone calls to them stating the I feel it is a good tactic.

C

You can always post it on their Facebook page and tweet them, may be quicker and it takes less time. Social networking is very important to any company these days and they pay attention to this data.