TheMan

How are we holding up in the snow storm?

Here in Camden County we have about two inches on grass... Nothing on the roads.

Looks like it's about to start sticking to the roads within the next 30 minutes, but with the rain today, the roads will pretty much be one sheet of ice.

Only about 5 or 6 inches but still coming down. Just shoveled the driveway, sidewalks and my side of the street about a car widths wide and 70 feet to lessen the amount the plow will push back for me to take care of in the morning. Oh how I like skiing in this white stuff vs. shoveling it. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocean County, When driving on 70 to Fort Dix for work tonight the roads were pretty bad until about Pemberton then it wasn't terrible. People driving 11 mph in the middle of the road is annoying. we have ab out 4-6 inches right now and its still snowing, looking out the window it is kinda pounding us right now. Prolly will be stuck at work if it doesn't let up.... 16 hours on Ft Dix.... no bueno!

Just drove home from work. Rte 22 a little slick plows out side streets well covered. About 3 to 4 inches in Branchburg. My nice nebor shoveled my driveway for me....nice guy....still have power though. Got the gas cans filled though just in case lol.....

Harry,

If you wanna come over for a play date, bring your snow blower, lol! Jameson is on me!

No snow blower for me man, shovel and a scotch neat and I'm now ready to get some sleep to do it all over again in the morning, minus the scotch. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No issues here. Roads in Princeton were good until you got to little side streets. Everywhere else no issues.

Right now estimating 3 to 4 inches... nothing to write home about. Wifey is teaching classes at noon in Cherry Hill area, so trying to see the road conditions and all.

not too bad here either. maybe 3-4" (5 at most) when all said and done. dont even need to get the snow blower out to get out of the driveway.. which is a good thing because we are going to pick up my wife's new shottie today.. been waiting to pick it up since Wednesday (went last Sat for paperwork and Nics came back late Tuesday night). she was going to be be pissed if we couldnt make it to Shore Shot today, but given the lighter snow than expected, shouldnt be a problem..

given the lighter snow than expected

This happens the first "big" storm after every REAL big storm... Since this is about the first terrible weather since Sandy (other than that snow a few days following) it was as usual blown up as big as they could. Shoprite and walmart have been MAD HOUSES the last 3 days... People OVER react sometimes... I am sitting at work fully expecting for the next shift to have TONS of call outs and ill be stuck for a double shift.... nature of the beast i guess

Been up since 4am. Made the mistake of drinking a redbull; now im up wired. The city is starting to plow and throw down salt. Looks like pt test was canceled for the troops but apparently drill is still a go. Got a feeling where only going to have a 10% turnout. No power loss, time to go shovel. Be careful during your commutes today. God bless!

Damn, that sucks =(. They cancelled this weekend's drill for my unit due to the storm.

What unit are you in? I informed my troops already that if its dangerous do not report!! They can suta. Not worth risking there lives. Drill should have been a No-Go statewide

What unit are you in? I informed my troops already that if its dangerous do not report!! They can suta. Not worth risking there lives. Drill should have been a No-Go statewide

You better be careful using that common sense thinking brain of yours! you know the Guard doesn't like that!! That is like when Sandy hit, instead of activating us a day earlier they waited until hours before it hit.... made total sense