NJ2AS News

Register Now! Attend Wednesday's Hearings (Registration Link)

I'm going to try to make this one. I went to the NJ SAFE taskforce meeting, which was supposed to collect the public's input during the 3 hearings for ideas how to address mental health & gun control. The morning after the 3rd hearing 24 bills are scheduled for a hearing? Glad they didn't bother to even wait for the report from the task force to be presented for analysis. Oh no no no. I'm taking the train down.

Hello-

First post to the forum, but have been lurking here for several months to get a feel for the forum. I was at the rally in Trenton on Friday with one of my coworkers. Not too bad a turn out considering the horrible weather conditions. I work in Trenton and will try to be there on Wednesday. If you are driving into Trenton the best place to park closest to the State House would be the Trenton Marriot parking lot. What time do the hearings start?

Stone

'

10 AM Committee Room 11, 4th Floor, State House Annex, Trenton, NJ

My 11 year old son attended the rally with me, and although it took a little bit of discussion, my wife agreed this is important enough for him to miss a 2nd day of school. So he'll be there with me on Wednesday. At least we'll have one kid there (and hopefully more) to give us a bit of age diversity.

Question... will they even allow, or have room for all of us? I know for the US Senate Judiciary hearings regarding guns they only allowed about 80-100 people(general public) in.

If they don't allow all of us in, what are we supposed to do? Sit around and wait for the bus to head home?

Just a question for anyone who knows: Do I need to print out anything to show I registered for the bus or just show up and get on?

save your confirmation email on your smart phone

Question... will they even allow, or have room for all of us? I know for the US Senate Judiciary hearings regarding guns they only allowed about 80-100 people(general public) in.

If they don't allow all of us in, what are we supposed to do? Sit around and wait for the bus to head home?

This is a very valid question, but I think that overwhelming number lining up at the door has a value of its own.

Maybe someone would like to bring signs, in case people have to wait outside....might as well have a rally if that happens...I dont mind walking the sidewalk with a sandwich board.

....could be chanting "no new laws" on the street while the hearing is going on...