ITman

Interesting Statistics

I was looking at an interactive map that shows the percentage of murders that involved a firearm by state and took a look at the FBI Uniform Crime Report data. The websites are :

http://www.guardian....-map-statistics

http://www.fbi.gov/a...us/cjis/ucr/ucr

A quick look showed that in 2011 NJ had a greater percentage (71%) of murders involving guns than Texas (64%). Illinois came in at 83%. So the states with the strictest gun control laws have a greater percentage of gun related murders that the free state of Texas. I wonder how many of these homicides involved handguns that are not on anyone's AWB list?

Do politicians ever look at statistics? Like Rahm Emanuel said "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before".

Do politicians look at stats? NO.

If they did, they would see the correlation between lawful gun ownership and CCW equal lower crime.

They would see that the overwhelming majority of serial killers, mass murders and active shooters are left leaning.

They would see that the cities and states with increasing financial problems have a history of being under democratic / union control.

They would see the states that complain the most and demand that the rest of the nation 'help' them do nothing to help themselves.

So yea, politicians do NOT look at statistics.