Maksim

Analysis of Assembly Bills to be Heard

I have a strong feeling the 10 round mag and internet ammo sales ban will probably pass. The others could go either way.

And this is what would hurt us the most. And do the least to stop crime.

Imagine having to pay retail prices on a box of ammo, you know prices will go up to because retailers will know they have you by the balls.

Edited by j0n
keeping certain things on the DL

It's very simple even I can do it. Cut and past the addresses (use Maks's addresses because they have semi-colons between them) and just a simple statement. Add your name and address.

Assembly Persons:

Rather than some lengthy diatribe, I’d just like to say. NO ADDITIONAL GUN CONTROL FOR NJ. PERIOD!!

Just sent the below to all on the list.

I feel so guilty about not being able to be in Trenton this Wednesday. I have a business trip that I can not cancel.

Give them hell and ake them see the light.

Assembly Persons:

I am writing you as a concerned citizen. Simply put, the numerous bills being considered will do nothing to stop crime. They will turn ordinary law abiding citizens into criminals. It is my opinion they have been written based on emotional, feel good reasons rather than logic or a true understanding of national statistics. Law abiding gun owners do commit crimes or go on maniacal killing sprees. Criminals and the insane do! None of these bills address the real problem. Criminals need to be punished and the insane need to be institutionalized!

Banning guns and limiting magazines capacities will not stop crime or save lives. These ridiculous initiatives will do just the opposite – they will put innocent people’s lives at risk. That is because the criminals and insane will not abide by these laws and will have a strong advantage over the rest us. Do you really want to be responsible for this? I am currently doing my best to let the public know the consequences of this poor legislation if it passes.

Please feel free to contact me at the above email address if you care to discuss these matters more in depth. I will be happy to work with you as a New Jersey citizen and law abiding gun owner who does not want to have his writes infringed upon or made a victim.

Regards

Just sent the below to all on the list.

I feel so guilty about not being able to be in Trenton this Wednesday. I have a business trip that I can not cancel.

Give them hell and ake them see the light.

Assembly Persons:

I am writing you as a concerned citizen. Simply put, the numerous bills being considered will do nothing to stop crime. They will turn ordinary law abiding citizens into criminals. It is my opinion they have been written based on emotional, feel good reasons rather than logic or a true understanding of national statistics. Law abiding gun owners do commit crimes or go on maniacal killing sprees. Criminals and the insane do! None of these bills address the real problem. Criminals need to be punished and the insane need to be institutionalized!

Banning guns and limiting magazines capacities will not stop crime or save lives. These ridiculous initiatives will do just the opposite – they will put innocent people’s lives at risk. That is because the criminals and insane will not abide by these laws and will have a strong advantage over the rest us. Do you really want to be responsible for this? I am currently doing my best to let the public know the consequences of this poor legislation if it passes.

Please feel free to contact me at the above email address if you care to discuss these matters more in depth. I will be happy to work with you as a New Jersey citizen and law abiding gun owner who does not want to have his writes rights infringed upon or made a victim.

Regards

Well put. But, proof read!

Hey guys,

I took the liberty of doing a little bit of editing on the above letter and made some corrections. I hope you don't mind. Here's what I'm sending to these folks:

Assembly Persons:

I am writing you as an extremely concerned New Jersey citizen. Simply put, the numerous bills being considered will do absolutely nothing to stop crime. In fact, they will turn ordinary law abiding citizens into criminals overnight. It is my opinion that these bills have been written based on emotional, "feel good" reasons rather than logic or real analysis and understanding of national statistics. Law abiding gun owners do NOT commit crimes or go on maniacal killing sprees. Criminals and the insane do! None of these bills address the real issue. Criminals need to be punished and the insane need to be institutionalized and/or treated properly. Criminals will also continue to obtain guns and ammunition illegaly and these new laws would never stop them from getting them.

Banning guns, limiting magazine capacities, and enacting more restrictions on law abiding gun owners will not stop crime or save lives. These proposed (and not very well thought-out) initiatives will do just the opposite... They will put innocent people’s lives at risk! Criminals and those suffering from mental health disorders will not abide by these laws and will have a strong advantage over the rest us. Do you really want to be responsible for this? I am currently doing my best to let the public know the consequences of this poor legislation if it passes.

Please feel free to contact me if you care to discuss these matters more in depth. I will be happy to work with you as a very concerned New Jersey citizen and law abiding gun owner who does not want to have his rights infringed upon or be made into a victim.

Best regards,

what are the fax numbers

Charles Mainor (Chair) (D31)

Phone: 201-536-7851

Fax: 201-536-7854

Gilbert L. Wilson (Vice Chair) (D5)

Phone: 856-547-4800

Fax: 856-547-5496

Nelson T. Albano (D1)

Phone: 609-465-0700

Fax: 609-465-4578

Daniel R. Benson (D14)

Phone: 609-631-0198

Fax: 609-631-0324

Sean Connors (D33)

Phone: 201-795-9190

Fax: 201-795-5290

Joseph Cryan (D20)

Phone: 908-624-0880

Fax: 908-624-0587

Sean T. Kean (R30)

Phone: 732-974-0400

Fax: 732-974-2564

Gregory P. McGuckin (R10)

Phone: 732-840-9028

Fax: 732-840-9757

Erik Peterson (R23)

Phone: 908-238-0251

Fax: 908-238-0256 Charles Mainor (Chair) (D31)

David P. Rible (R30)

Phone: 732-974-0400

Fax: 732-974-2564

Bonnie Watson Coleman (D15)

Phone: 609-292-0500

Fax: 609-633-2179

ETA- btw this particular info is from a ANJRPC email, and they have actually been stepping up to the plate lately in the infowars.

For the mag limits, here is something logical that I hope these legislators can understand....

When a criminal or maniac plans to illegally acquire a gun for the purpose of using in to commit heinous acts.. It has been shown that they typically methodically plan out this act. They take the guns, ammo, and magazines with them according to what their sick minds are looking to accomplish. In the case of the VA Tech shooter, he had 10 round mags available, so he took 17 of them with him. 10 round mag limits will do nothing to impede these maniacs.

On the flip-side, when a home owner uses a firearm to defend themselves, nearly all of the time they are caught by surprise. This means they will have extremely limited time to grab their defensive firearm, while operating under a very stressful situation in thinking about defense of themselves and their family. They will not have adequate time to plan for their actions, and almost always will only have whatever ammunition exists in the gun itself. In this case, having 15 rounds of ammunition would be all they have under our current "limited magazine" laws. A further reduction of this amount to 10 rounds would only serve to hinder the family to defend itself, as all they will have are those 10 rounds contained in their home defense gun. The criminals on the other hand will have at their disposal multiple magazines on their person, and even multiple guns and magazines, since they had all the time they wanted to plan for their criminal acts.

This demonstrates that magazine limits on law-abiding citizens does nothing to stop maniacs, and does everything to hurt the ability for families to protect themselves in their own homes with firearms.

I propose 1 gun, and 1 bullet, is too many in the hands of a criminal. Lets focus on legislation that keeps guns out of their hands.

Sent e-mails to entire committee. Going to start with phone calls tommorrow morning. I can't really do calls from work as I'd like to, so I'll make the calls from my car when I arrive in the morning.

Also going to write my local Assembly reps again. When I sent out my first wave of letters in January, they had written back voicing strong support of the 2A. It was nice to hear, but I'm gonna write them again and ask them to make good on their words and lend active support to our opposition of these bills. I know they aren't members of the committee the bills are in right now, but I have to assume that doesn't stop them from voicing opposition of the bills to the committee members.

Good morning and thank you for your time.

I will be attending the committee meeting on February 13.

I look forward to the opportunity to put forth my opinions on the bills being discussed during this session.

I am hopeful that the committee members will take into account the positive, peaceful demonstration attended by over 1,000 constituents held on February 8th, 2013.

I am also hopeful that the committee members will take into account the testimony of many more residents of the state at the three SAFE town hall meetings held last week.

Crime and Safety are serious issues which require action and meaningful legislation. My hope is that any legislation put forward for vote will be geared towards reducing crime and increasing safety. I have taken the time to read the proposed legislation that will be up for public discussion during this meeting. The vast majority of these proposals target law abiding citizens, and will do little, if anything to reduce crime or increase public safety.

Thank you

Hey guys,

I took the liberty of doing a little bit of editing on the above letter and made some corrections. I hope you don't mind. Here's what I'm sending to these folks:

Assembly Persons:

I am writing you as an extremely concerned New Jersey citizen. Simply put, the numerous bills being considered will do absolutely nothing to stop crime. In fact, they will turn ordinary law abiding citizens into criminals overnight. It is my opinion that these bills have been written based on emotional, "feel good" reasons rather than logic or real analysis and understanding of national statistics. Law abiding gun owners do NOT commit crimes or go on maniacal killing sprees. Criminals and the insane do! None of these bills address the real issue. Criminals need to be punished and the insane need to be institutionalized and/or treated properly. Criminals will also continue to obtain guns and ammunition illegaly and these new laws would never stop them from getting them.

Banning guns, limiting magazine capacities, and enacting more restrictions on law abiding gun owners will not stop crime or save lives. These proposed (and not very well thought-out) initiatives will do just the opposite... They will put innocent people’s lives at risk! Criminals and those suffering from mental health disorders will not abide by these laws and will have a strong advantage over the rest us. Do you really want to be responsible for this? I am currently doing my best to let the public know the consequences of this poor legislation if it passes.

Please feel free to contact me if you care to discuss these matters more in depth. I will be happy to work with you as a very concerned New Jersey citizen and law abiding gun owner who does not want to have his rights infringed upon or be made into a victim.

Best regards,

I borrowed and used. My spellcheck caught this before sending off.

Here is what I just sent in-

Dear members of the assembly,

I am writing to let you know that I am opposed to the proposed anti-gun violence bills. I hope that you realize that these bills will not have any impact on gun violence but will only make gun ownership more difficult for law abiding citizens like myself. An example is the fact that I am currently waiting over 50 days for a change of address on my FID, the paperwork was submitted on 12/18/12 and after several trips to the NJSP station is still not complete. I have heard from others applying for these permits that the actual lead time is 3 to 6 months as opposed to the original 30 day mandate, this is worrisome.

I also do not think any real improvement in gun violence will occur until there are substantial improvements in the opportunities and job prospects afforded to young people in inner cities. I, along with many of my peers are concerned with the amount of effort that is being wasted on these proposed bills when time and effort should be directed towards more important issues such as economic development, education, job training and trying to entice business to move to New Jersey.

Come next election we will be looking very closely at the time and resources that were spent on these anti-gun violence bills as opposed to making real progress toward improving the lives and opportunities for those in need.

Can I ask why there has been no attempt to engage firearms manufacturing companies in upstate NY in dialog about moving to New Jersey and bringing with them several thousand good paying manufacturing jobs? And proposing covenants that would allow them to hire a minimum percentage of their employees locally? All while partnering with the state to provide training for those positions as well providing a continuous pipeline of trained individuals for those companies to hire?

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Emails sent!

doesn't christie need to sign off on this?

I heard Christie say in and interview he supports NJ's existing gun laws. So if he already supports stripping law abiding citizens one their Constitutional Rights, what's to keep him from signing new laws.

Yes Christie does need to sign this, but who is to say that he won't? Or that he vetoes this version and is then presented a second or third version as a "compromise"?

And I also believe that a 2/3 vote can override a veto.