Howard

Wow my permits are in, that was FAST!!! :)

i know that my first planned purchase once iI get mine will be to scour the earth for the CZ 75B Matte Stainless..(or Hi-Polish).. but that's just me.

You probably already are aware of this but if you find what you want before the paperwork gets to you, hold/pay in advance/order the item and have it held for final purchase. It's getting harder to find a specific gun.... even a plastic one :)

OP: When I lived in Randolph in the 80's I'd typically get pistol permits in a week; no extra forms or references either after the very first permit was on file. That was with Chief Booser, who was definitely Pro 2A. Who's the Randolph chief now?

Then I moved to Sussex County and had to use NJSP. Oh well. :facepalm:

does this not prove that it CAN be done in a timely manner?

I'm in Edison and over the thirty days already. A friend recently had his FID processed in Piscataway in about thirty days.

+1000!!! We're all definitely elated for you!!! I wish everyone in NJ seeking and FID and/or PPP could have your good fortune!

While admittedly jealous, very happy to hear it CAN be done in a timely manner. Is it me, or does it seem that towns that assign an officer seem to process faster than " the lady behind the counter" ?

I'm in Edison and over the thirty days already. A friend recently had his FID processed in Piscataway in about thirty days.

While admittedly jealous, very happy to hear it CAN be done in a timely manner. Is it me, or does it seem that towns that assign an officer seem to process faster than " the lady behind the counter" ?

that is a pattern i've noticed myself......my 2 other firends dealt with a "lady behind the counter" and it took them about 6-7 weeks....my other 2 friends dealt with an officer and got theirs in about 3 weeks

i got mine in 16 days dealing with an officer

i think the ladies usually have tons of other paperwork they are in charge of

that is a pattern i've noticed myself......my 2 other firends dealt with a "lady behind the counter" and it took them about 6-7 weeks....my other 2 friends dealt with an officer and got theirs in about 3 weeks

i got mine in 16 days dealing with an officer

i think the ladies usually have tons of other paperwork they are in charge of

Not my experience, I dealt with "the lady behind the counter, as you put it". Kathy was very professional and moved stuff along quickly.

Not my experience, I dealt with "the lady behind the counter, as you put it". Kathy was very professional and moved stuff along quickly.

No disrespect to the young lady behind the counter... She was excellent. Walked me through each form to be sure all was filled in correctly. Also told me to bring her back the completed form once I was done with the bio app so as not to risk it getting lost.

I'd guess the process varies from town to town.

My next purchase, god willing, will be Walther PPQ in 40 Cal for my Home defense gun. I own two hammer fired CZs right now and want a striker fired pistol. They are both in 9MM and I want a 40 cal. The PPQ suits my needs nicely.

Went to the P.D. today and I was told another 4-5 weeks. This is ridiculous, already has been 7 weeks. Good thing I applied for more than 1 permit

always apply for at least 3 brother :)

even if you don't use them they only cost 2 bucks

always apply for at least 3 brother :)

even if you don't use them they only cost 2 bucks

It's funny you say that.. When I first decided to get my fpid, I figured I would only get 1 permit so I could get a 9mm semi, but thought maybe it was a good idea to apply for 2.. Now I wish I would have applied for 3.. I already have my 2 permits planned out so I won't have any left over for a "great deal" or something.. I think once I use my 2 up, I will immediately apply for another 3 right away..

Ive also heard that if you apply for more within 6 months of your initial application they don't need to re-do the background or mental health check (don't know if that's true, can someone shed light on that?)

I called my police department Stafford twp asking about the status of my license and permits. I turned papers in on Jan 31 and it will be 6 weeks tomorrow. I figured I was getting close but I was just checking. To my surprise I was told that everything was approved on Feb 21 and they were just waiting for employment verification from my job which was mailed out Feb 8. She said once they get that the detective will approve the license and permits. It seems that they delay was not my town but my employer. Called employer and they said they did not receive which I believe is not true and I am siding with my PD this time. I asked for the fax number at work to have the pd fax them the verification to speed things up. Looks like another week to wait but should of had this done last month.