Howard

Wow my permits are in, that was FAST!!! :)

Depends on where you live. I'm going on 6 weeks since my references were contacted

That long just to be contacted? That's crazy. Was it a letter or phone call to your references? I thought my town would just call but my references were mailed a small questionnaire about 10 days after I submitted the paperwork.

My references were contacted within 1 week of getting finger printed. It was by mail and they sent them back next day. It's been 7 or 8 weeks and my work has not even been contacted yet. Its all bs. police station is just dragging their ass. Ladies that handle it are total bitches also.

My references were contacted within 1 week of getting finger printed. It was by mail and they sent them back next day. It's been 7 or 8 weeks and my work has not even been contacted yet. Its all bs. police station is just dragging their ass. Ladies that handle it are total bitches also.

I was told the same thing that my permits were being held up because they were waiting for job verification. I asked for a copy to bring to my employer and if they could fax a copy to my payroll dept. as well who handles the employment verification. The woman who was handling my application faxed a copy and called shortly afterwards as well. I was very pleased with her efforts.

I'm having the employer delay also. My wife put her paperwork in 2 days after me and picked up her FID and P2P today.

PD sent form to my employer on 1/31. I called HR 3/1 and was told they never got it. I call BS. I have PD send another one and confirm with HR it was received 3/4. HR states they can't fill it out and it has been sent to Legal. I call Legal on 3/8 and they tell me they called the officer handling the permit process because they have questions about the questions on the form??????? I give legal the number of the records clerk who I've been in contact with and after 3-4 emails including our law clerks boss he tells me it was going out on Monday 3/11.

This Monday I call PD and am told they have not received it. I contact our law clerk and his boss again and am told it's definitely going out today Monday 3/18. My wife asked the clerk at the PD today if she had my employer paperwork and the answer was surprise no. I went into the vice presidents office today and asked him to please take care of this before I hire an attorney to find out why they can't send back a form that has 4 questions on it.

If they don't want to answer the questions which I have to assume are the same ones that my references were asked they should just send it back and let me deal with the PD if necessary. My wife inquired about this today and was told that most employers don't answer the questions and only give a hire date and verify current employment. That is good enough for the PD

My guess is that my employer is anti gun and is just stone walling my application. The real problem is the head lawyer in legal is the companies owners daughter so I'm not sure how far my visit to the VP will take me.

*snip*

The real problem is that most legal departments wouldn't answer those questions under any circumstances. Your employer might not be anti-gun at all, they just don't want to get sued for answering those questions. You are better off contacting legal and tell them if they aren't comfortable answering the questionnaire, to just do what actual employment verification is (i.e. not the BS the PD sent) and send in "So-and-so has been employed here at so-and-so-company for such-and-such time" on company letterhead. They might even already have a template or form letter for it. Presto! Employment verified and the process can move along for you. Stupid NJ FPID/P2P process.....

Thsi is just another tactic to create additional barriers and hoops for law abiding citizens to jump through.

I am going on 14 weeks for my change of address on my FID, very frustrating.

The real problem is that most legal departments wouldn't answer those questions under any circumstances. Your employer might not be anti-gun at all, they just don't want to get sued for answering those questions. You are better off contacting legal and tell them if they aren't comfortable answering the questionnaire, to just do what actual employment verification is (i.e. not the BS the PD sent) and send in "So-and-so has been employed here at so-and-so-company for such-and-such time" on company letterhead. They might even already have a template or form letter for it. Presto! Employment verified and the process can move along for you. Stupid NJ FPID/P2P process.....

I've already done that. I told the clerk and the VP. I received an unsolicited email from the PD this afternoon telling me that they still have not received the form.

The Clerk is off tomorrow which is why she wrote me today. If that form is not in her hands by Monday afternoon I will be contacting Evan Nappen. I am done with being jerked around.

FINALLY..... my long journey is over. FID and permits are in. Well wasn't that bad at all compared to some people waiting.

Stafford Township PD, Southern Ocean County.

Started Jan 17 picked up application from PD. Made first available appointment for fingerprinting which was Jan. 31

Jan 31 got fingerprinting done and went straight to PD and turned in paperwork.

April 2 1:30 pm got call that FID and permits were ready for pick up.

Just a hair over two months and a few holidays were offices were closed a couple of days. Would have been 3 weeks earlier but my employer did not return Job verification letter which was mailed once and faxed twice. If it was not for the persistence of the woman handling my papers, I would still be waiting. After the second fax was not returned, she called my employer and told them she was sending an urgent fax that needed attention. Within 15 minutes the fax was completed and returned to her. She also let me add two more permits to my application since she was the one who typed them up and all I needed to do was give her an additional check for $4. This was Friday March 22. I called her the following Monday and she told me that all paperwork was completed and on the detectives desk for review and should get approval the end of the week.

I was very satisfied with my townships efforts and speediness in handling this matter. I have heard of some towns taking up to 5 months just for permits. Will have everything in hand this afternoon. Should I post pictures? lol

Now I can buy something and wait 2 weeks for NICS like everyone else. :wild:

Finally received my permits and FIDC today. 1 week shy of four months. now if I could only find ammo

Look around, ammo is slowly becoming more available. Most are limiting quantities but it looks like it is staying on the shelf longer.