ITman

From Chicago

Just watching a news conference held by the Chicago Chief of Police. He was talking about mandatory prison sentences for those that illegally own firearms, went on to talk about convicted felons recently caught possessing firearms that have committed homicides, and those murdered by convicted felons using firearms. After that he emphasized that despite what gun advocate groups say, neither Chicago nor Illinois have strict gun laws and said that stricter gun control laws are needed in addition to mandatory prison sentences of those caught illegally in the possession of a gun.

I thought that Chicago has very strict firearms laws as does Illinois.

This is is response to the young girl that was gunned down by a gang banger shooting at other gang bangers and the upcoming visit by Obama.

went on to talk about convicted felons recently caught possessing firearms (illegal) that have committed homicides(illegal), and those murdered(illegal) by convicted felons using firearms(illegal). .

Seems there are already a lot of illegal things being performed...and I'm sure these felons are going through FFL's and NCIS to get their firearms, 'eh?

Seems there are already a lot of illegal things being performed...and I'm sure these felons are going through FFL's and NCIS to get their firearms, 'eh?

I didn't understand the point he was trying to make. He mentioned that 809 firearms were confiscated so far this year from drug dealers, gang bangers, and other assorted felons.