DBCooper

My AK74 build *VIDEO*

Wow , excellent! I take it you have done this before with all the specialized tools and whatnot?

Do you save some significant $$$ over say a $700 Waffenwerks Bulgarian-kit based 74 which uses the Nodak receiver and G2 FCG, or is it more of a fun/hobby thing for you?

I know with AR's, my main driving force in "assembling" my own is to use the various parts that I prefer.

Thanks dudes! This was actually my very first AK build. All the information is out there on the various AK forums and Youtube. Unfortunately there is not one single source of info, you have to dig around.

It would be hard in today's market to save money on a build vs buy, parts kits are becoming too expensive. Best you might do is break even. But it is an extremely satisying and worthwhile experience to hold in your hands a rifle you built. You know your gun down to the smallest rivet. And its hilarious to be able to point at it and say "I built that."

I was actually loaned the build specific jigs and tools, and I already had the press and MIG and hand tools. So I was only in it for the cost of the parts. If I had to buy the jigs and riveting tools it would cost twice as much, I may not have done it... Nah who am I kidding--I always wanted to try this!

That was fantastic! Great when you have all the proper tools too. I'm impressed. Came out great, wood looks beautiful too! Very nice!

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...