Combat Auto

Feedback From Governor Christie

Sounds like he gets what is going on...I think we may be ok at the NJ State level for the next several years (my understanding is that he can veto any bogus bill that passes the State legislation - I think that is).

February 8, 2013

Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to new laws regarding gun control.

I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Acting on my commitment to take a full and comprehensive look at the intersection of gun control, addiction, mental health and school safety in New Jersey, I have created the NJ SAFE Task Force. The Task Force will be chaired by two former attorneys general of New Jersey and members who have expertise in the fields of mental health diagnosis and treatment, addiction services and treatment, law enforcement and school safety.

Violence in our society has never been solely about firearms, and we would miss an opportunity to better prevent the roots of violence if we didn't look at the complete picture. If we are truly going to take an honest and candid assessment of violence and public safety, we have to look more deeply at the underlying causes of many acts of violence. That means removing the stigma and evaluating issues of mental health, addiction, prevention and treatment services alongside the effectiveness of our firearms laws, enforcement mechanisms and our school safety measures. This task force will convene immediately and report back with its findings.

My commitment has always been to evaluate public safety, criminal policy and behavioral science with an approach that recognizes that these issues cannot be separated from one another. The SAFE Task Force will further my commitment in that regard as we look at how we can better guarantee violence control.

I hope you find this information helpful. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Chris Christie

Governor

Privacy Notice: This e-mail address, e-mail message, and any attachment to this email message containsinformation that is privileged and confidential from the State of New Jersey, Office of the Governor.

Same response I got last week. Of course it's canned. He'd have to hire a crew of clones to answer all our mails personally. :)

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Now I can't get that image out of my head--an army of CHRISTIE CLONES!!

Same response I got last week. Of course it's canned. He'd have to hire a crew of clones to answer all our mails personally. :)

Typos courtesy Apple...

Whooooaaaa.... You're lucky I'm not at my desk with Photoshop running. Lol.

Now I can't get that image out of my head--an army of CHRISTIE CLONES!!

Typos courtesy Apple...

they would eat all the hot dogs ice cream and krispy kreme in the state. we would all starve!!! this is worse than one of ray ray's zombie fantasies!!!!

Seriously, how can we ever expect Christie to jump on or side if we are always commenting on his weight. Grow up and stick to the issues at hand instead of raising other ones like showing you are immature gun owner.

Seriously, how can we ever expect Christie to jump on or side if we are always commenting on his weight. Grow up and stick to the issues at hand instead of raising other ones like showing you are immature gun owner.

I'll stop when he actually makes a commitment one way or the other. Or sends out something that isn't a canned politically correct response.

I'll stop when he actually makes a commitment one way or the other. Or sends out something that isn't a canned politically correct response.

He's a politician....what else do you expect? Is your plan to bash him until he takes our side? He has the most powerful pen in the state and you guys want to make jokes about the guy over and over again.

It's one thing to talk about his political career, it's totally different to poke fun at him while simultaneously trying to get him to listen to you. Where is the logic?

Hey, he has a sense of humor and I don't believe he'd be pist. After all, he makes fun of himself don't he? ;)... And jumping? Really?.... Lol...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Hey, he has a sense of humor and I don't believe he'd be pist. After all, he makes fun of himself don't he? ;)... And jumping? Really?.... Lol...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Maybe not jump lol. But cmon, really, where is the logic in making fun of him? He was obviously upset about the ex Whitehouse doctor saying he was going to die. I think the jokes should be left for the children.

Dying and donuts are 2 different animals. I won't fight ya to die, but I might for a donut. Ummm, make that an apple fritter. ;)

Maybe not jump lol. But cmon, really, where is the logic in making fun of him? He was obviously upset about the ex Whitehouse doctor saying he was going to die. I think the jokes should be left for the children.

Typos courtesy Apple...

He just said he is going to ban your guns but he realizes he has to find other ways to control your lives to make it sound like he is listening to the concerns of both sides of nebulous media. While he bans your guns.

What did you just get off the phone with him?

Yeah I don't have a good feeling about this. But the good news is that Christie has a track record of appeasing fudds, namely the bear hunt. Doesn't mean we're guaranteed to escape unscathed but it does mean we're not dealing with a hard leftist and committed anti like Cuomo.

That said don't take things for granted...

THIS.

Seriously, I mean don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Besides, the jokes are old and overplayed anyway. Not to mention I've seen some of the NJ gun community, they aren't much better off. haha.

But seriously, if you want him to support us, don't be ingrates, hell, don't even be rude to the Antis ramming the legislation down our throat. If anything, it could only cause them to vote for the bills to spite us.

I'm not even making fun of him. Just his army of imaginary made up clones. He alone couldn't eat that much. Seriously tho, Wouldn't you be upset if some doctor that you never met said "you will die", and meant it. Its not the same as making a joke. If he doesn't like them and takes offense, he is definitely in the wrong business.

THIS.

Seriously, I mean don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Besides, the jokes are old and overplayed anyway. Not to mention I've seen some of the NJ gun community, they aren't much better off. haha.

But seriously, if you want him to support us, don't be ingrates, hell, don't even be rude to the Antis ramming the legislation down our throat. If anything, it could only cause them to vote for the bills to spite us.

+1 - Christie may be our last hope if more crap gets past...Good to be respectful to the office - and be thankful Cuomo is not (our) Governer.

I'm not even making fun of him. Just his army of imaginary made up clones. He alone couldn't eat that much. Seriously tho, Wouldn't you be upset if some doctor that you never met said "you will die", and meant it. Its not the same as making a joke. If he doesn't like them and takes offense, he is definitely in the wrong business.

He's the Governor, not a personal trainer. He's in the business of running a state. He's been a big guy for a long time so i'm sure he's grown a shell for comments against his weight. It doesn't make him any more likely to stop ridiculous anti-gun laws, or pass any in our favor that we've been working so hard on for years. Would you call your boss a fatass before and after asking for a raise? (I know he isn't our boss, but its a close analogy)

Somehow I just don't get that warm, fuzzy feeling.

Christie1995001.jpg

If I started getting a warm feeling when I listened to any politician, I'd check to see if I'd lost control of my bodily functions.

He wasn't playing to the Arizona, Utah, Louisiana and Texas Republican primary voters back then. (I know he's not a 2A guy. He knows he's not a 2A guy. But he needs lots of 2A guys!) The ad will come out in the primaries, but he doesn't even look like the Chris Christie in the ad now. He'll say he's older and wiser today.