NJGF

6 References for a FPID/P2P??

My hometown. Grew up there but moved away before my FID/PP processes began. Willing to bet they give a hard time about conforming or changing their process. I know a lot of them being they were my PAL coaches growing up for football and baseball and also fellow HS graduates are now on the force. But, if you're traveling into cranford heading west from roselle, you WILL be pulled over.

maybe we should have a reference pool if they start requiring it.....should be enough communities represented here to get some semi-local references, and I, for one, would not let it languish on my refrigerator....like some of my good buddies did.

3 isn't reasonable, NICS checks at the point of sale is ok period.

Now as far as if mast of us needed 6 people, heck I have a bunch that we will wait at the mail box waiting for the letter to return for each other and all of you should have people who would do the same for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.4 Applications for a firearms purchaser identification card and for a permit

to purchase a handgun

(a) Every person applying for a firearms purchaser identification card or for a permit to purchase

a handgun shall furnish such information and particulars as are set forth in the application form

designated STS-33. Forms can be obtained from municipal police departments, State Police stations

and licensed retail firearms dealers.

(b) The applicant shall waive any statutory or other right of confidentiality relating to institutional

confinement.

© The applicant shall provide the names and addresses of two reputable citizens personally

acquainted with him as references.

When I got my original fpid (8 years ago) it was two references on the state form, and then two OTHER refs, that had to be notarized. Thankfully one of the guys where I was a volly ff was a notary, so that was finished in a jif.

My address change and PPP in robbinsville was a breeze compared to up north. That's why I put it off for so long.

Contact nj2as, and good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ok sorry the person might have heard the police records department person incorrectly. He thought they said 6 but their form says ONLY 3 and they do have to be notorized. Not sure if he should make a big deal of this though. This is only for a FPID/P2P not a CCW.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By dman2112
      Hello all,
      Some opinions please.  I am a long time NJ resident and also a resident in SC.  I spend 8 months out of the year in NJ out of necessity.  When I leave NJ I carry everywhere as I have multiple CWP's.  I have purchased many pistols legally in NJ over the years.
      I was thinking about getting some new permits to pee...(my term for the Pistol Permit) but with all the BS that had been going on I was thinking about refraining.
      I also have completed all the NJ CWP permit applications, but I am not sure I am actually going to apply.  I don't need to put up with the NJ BS.  To me it's insulting.  Plus with all the restrictions coming and being tied up in the courts for probably years, it may be just a futile exercise.   I would rather just leave when my house is build in SC and buy it there.  Once I switch my license to SC, its cash and carry for me.
      I have the old, non-expiring FID.  What I do not want to happen is if I go apply for new permits to pee, that my FID gets converted to an expiring one and then I have to pay a renewal fee.   
      I did read the new regs and it looks like they are grandfathering old FID folks to the non expiring one but this is NJ...what is written in law is usually ignored by the class warfare system we have here and the horrible mentality and attitude of some of these LEO's and NJSP officers that think their personal bias is important and the sneers you get when you go pay the $2.
      Am I being paranoid?
    • By CanikInThePanic
      Hi, new member here looking for some guidance to be compliant.  
      I received my first FPID card & a P2P last month. 
      My DL, FPID & P2P all have the same address which is current with DMV. I am no longer living there as of a week ago & am now month to month. Not sure if I should change my address with DMV & FPID to somewhere I might not be in the next month. Is it legal for my to go forward with a purchse if I find something on gunbroker & send to a NJ FFL dealer as all my info matches? or do I need to wait util I update my FPID & get a new P2P w/ a permanent address? Thank you very much for any help here!  
    • By RTSP1
      https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nj-permit-calculator/id918872622?mt=8

This fun app helps to keep track of not only when your P2P expires, but also if you need to get it extended.  Also helps with OGAM management so you will know when your next available purchase date is.  No more second guessing!!!

• By NicePants
      Hey guys, just wondering if somebody knows what the return times/responsiveness of Somerville is regarding permits. I got a friend who recently moved up there who could use the info. I searched the forum and found a few old posts saying that it was run by the NJSP and had a return time of 4-6 months. Is that still the case? Thanks.
    • By NJGF
      What happens if my P2P expires (it was already extended for 90 days) after the NICS check is started but before the state police approves it (which I have heard is now taking over 2 weeks)? Would I have to start over again and apply for new permits? Will the FFL hold the pistol for a few months until I get the new permits (it was already paid for)?

And I always thought the I in NICS stood for Instant! My bad.