matty

STATEHOUSE FEB 13TH - merged threads

The only way to turn the tables is to put them in a position to defend themselves. Disinformation? These pols were in defiance of the public today, they heard all the testimony and just wanted to show they are in charge by ramming all the bills through. don't expect any different next session.

This is going to boil down to Christie and whether or not he has the balls to veto this bs.

Yes. I received a phone call from my Assemblywoman (Simon - R) the other day in response to my email, and she felt the bills would all pass because of the Dem majority. (She herself supports 2A and is on our side.) She said Christie has a study commission and won't want to sign these before his commission even has a chance to report to him, so I THINK this means he may veto at least some of these. We're going to have to shift focus to the Senate and then prepare a campaign to get Christie to veto the bills. We have a little time to get our acts together but we need a much bigger effort than we've seen so far.

I posted something in another thread on the subject but thanks to all who attended and testified. I listened to most of the testimony and it was great. Near the end one person on committee thanked a person testifying and said " we agree to disagree". At that point I knew it was already decided.

I'm not sure exactly what the vote today did. Did this vote send all the bills to the assembly floor? Any chance that the Assembly or Senate vote will be in our favor? I thought that I had read these bills could not pass in the senate.

The only way to turn the tables is to put them in a position to defend themselves. Disinformation? These pols were in defiance of the public today, they heard all the testimony and just wanted to show they are in charge by ramming all the bills through. don't expect any different next session.

correct....they do whatever they want.....and we do what they tell us....there is a name for this type of government...and its not what they are calling it presently...

I posted something in another thread on the subject but thanks to all who attended and testified. I listened to most of the testimony and it was great. Near the end one person on committee thanked a person testifying and said " we agree to disagree". At that point I knew it was already decided.

I'm not sure exactly what the vote today did. Did this vote send all the bills to the assembly floor? Any chance that the Assembly or Senate vote will be in our favor? I thought that I had read these bills could not pass in the senate.

wishful thinking.....

Anyways I wasn't inside for too long so here are some pics of the crowd outside. I had a good time (given the circumstances) and there were lots of great speeches outside as well as in.

These are from right in the beginning we filled out a little more after I took these (not to mention all those in the Assembly).

Focus_000025_zpscd1a64e6.jpg

Focus_000032_zps1b188f83.jpg

I have a couple videos from outside too I'll see if they are any good.

They all go to the assembly. Then to the Senate.

Perhaps a few of them will be weeded out, but many will likely got to Christie, not to mention this is just the first wave.

We need to work on a plan of opposition, specifically targeted calls/letters/personal meetings with your local representatives. That is, your assemblyman, and your senator.

We need to also really redouble our efforts on Christie too.

I want to thank ANJRPC and NJ2AS for banding together today and showing our might! From this day on I will sleep better knowing we are one unified front!

Yes!! - Even though they are doing what they want, they surly are feeling the vibe in the state house.

This is all about politics, not rational laws. National Dems have told NJ Dems to put Christie in a hard place so he says out of the national lime light. It also gives the Dem govenor front runner a platform to run against him.

We, including are freedoms are all pawns in a much bigger game. Politics is no longer melding of sane ideas and prudent laws. It's dog eat dog at the public watering trough.

Nick was right long time ago, Obama wants the states to give him the control he desires even though the House and Senate cannot deliver. He will claim victory as soon as they do it. I don't know what National Dems have promised NJ Dems. What NJ Dems haven't figured out yet, is he will screw them too in a heartbeat.

He cares about nobody but himself.

Time to choose your party wisely. Time to divide and conquer from within. A party can only support one canidate. The key to changing our elected officials is to sweep them out in the primaries, not wait and run head to head in the general election. You can vote for anyone in the general election, but only your registered party in the primary

Just got back from a long day in Trenton and my interpretation of the hearing is they held it only because they have to.

It was clearly written on their faces that they don"'t want to hear from us and that they will be pushing forward hard and fast!

I hate feeling like a pessimist but the only way to turn this around is by every one of the "1 million NJ gun owners" getting involved politically. Without the

unity of the whole state our voice shall fall on deaf ears. Yes we had a good turnout but it would require 10 times the number of people who attended today to

even get these people to notice.

Thanks for staying out with us. Your updates were helpful, and you also kept the morale up real good.

(I was the short Asian guy with a blue jacket and fluffy hair)

You had the tablet? If so I saw you.

ETA: Also thanks to Anthony. You really did a great job keeping everything moving outside.

I'd love nothing more than out of spite Christie veto's this. His play will be to delay and send these back down or he will veto and let Cryan have it but will wait till his expert task force comes back with their report which will be in December If he can help it

Do we know what bills did not pass?

Article said 20 passed. Not really sure what passed and what did not.

www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/02/gun_control_measures_approved.html#incart_river_default

They merged a bunch so 23 became 20

Unfortunately, This will pass. with a 60/40 dem majority, it ain't happening otherwise.

Christie is the only one who can stop these bills with a stroke of the pen, or the lack there of.

If he does veto.... the Dem's do not have a 2/3 super majority, and this will die.

It all comes down to Christie.

From this point forward, besides the barrage of calls/fax/emails that we will be doing to ALL the legislatures.... the only thing that will matter is Christie.