Black Ops

NJ NICS

There are exceptions. Business day 9 and still waiting. :(

FFL told me he just got some back today that were a submitted a few days before me.

Is this the same FFL that you had problems with last time? Oops just saw it's a different FFL. Sorry that sucks. You never know. They may turn it around a little quicker this time... My last one was 5 days, this past week.

Is this the same FFL that you had problems with last time? Oops just saw it's a different FFL. Sorry that sucks. You never know. They may turn it around a little quicker this time... My last one was 5 days, this past week.

Thanks Roland. Well, Bullseye will be the third FFL I will be dealing with in the past 4 months. I guess we'll see if I get the same results the 3rd time. I'm still waiting on the 2nd. I was told the turnaround may be quicker this time around.

I actually stopped by in person and they showed me the fax receipts. So I'm not sure what to do. Looks like its on the NICS side?!?

Still no word as of today...21 days.

I'm not sure what to say. It would seem odd to lose it that many times but who knows. I'm sure the number of NICS checks are going up and that means more and more stuff is going to get get lost. I think the only thing is to try again. My dealer said he was going to inquire when they call with the approvals. I'm not sure if that would help though but we'll see how long my approval on the second try will be.

I'm curious as to whether there is a higher probability of a loss on Friday and Saturdays due to volume.

30 days

Lets say you bought a gun from one vendor. Would you still be responsible for another NICS charge for another purchase within a month from that same vendor? I am sure you would have to pay, again, if you went to another vendor. However, if it hasn't been 30 days and you show your receipt and/or the new FFL gets a confirmation from the other vendor, then you shouldn't have to fork out the additional $15 to $25 dollars to have it done, again.

NICS is good for 30 days. If you walk out of the gun shop with your firearm, the purchase is complete. Another NICS will have to be done for another purchase. Even if you go to a different dealer on the same day, another NICS will have to be done.

It looks like most are waitng anywhere from 5-7 days with a few outliers waiting considerably longse. I would say that they have, by default achieved a minumum of 3 day (if not longer) waiting period.

Considering that the total NJ NICS checks for October '12 was 6,791, and the total checks for January '13 was 11,110, I think the issue is not hiring more personnel to do the checks. Doesn't the increased revenue warrant at least paying overtime to do the checks? :unknw:

Spent some time at bullseye tactical on friday. Nics taking 7 days at the least. Now twlling folks 7 to 10.... there is your waiting period.

This is totally unacceptable.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Spent some time at bullseye tactical on friday. Nics taking 7 days at the least. Now twlling folks 7 to 10.... there is your waiting period.

This is totally unacceptable.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Agree completely. The in state ffl's should be annoyed. At this point it means that if I'm going to do a deal with any ffl that I have to make two trips, that effectively cuts my previous acceptable travel radius in half.

That's really sad.....was in PA a few weeks ago I won a rifle in a raffle I entered. Took nics less than 5 mins. So what's the problem here???????

The problem in NJ is NICS don't go through the FEDS like almost everywhere else - they go through the NJ State Police!

The problem in NJ is NICS don't go through the FEDS like almost everywhere else - they go through the NJ State Police!

actually about 30% of the country uses a state based system.

At the rate of 400+ faxes a day no wonder some are getting lost. Imagine a ream of paper a day to process. How may trees is that? At this rate the state is raking in 2 million dollars a year. And no way to improve the system? I refuse to rant any further! Today is business day 6.

Considering that the total NJ NICS checks for October '12 was 6,791, and the total checks for January '13 was 11,110, I think the issue is not hiring more personnel to do the checks. Doesn't the increased revenue warrant at least paying overtime to do the checks? :unknw:

Lets not for get it seems over the past few months there have been more then a few taking vacation...

Paul you are selling to many guns and holding up the entire state! ^_^

At the rate of 400+ faxes a day no wonder some are getting lost. Imagine a ream of paper a day to process. How may trees is that? At this rate the state is raking in 2 million dollars a year. And no way to improve the system? I refuse to rant any further! Today is business day 6.

At $2M per year this process should be completely automated with little oversight necessary. This is complete nonsense, faxed paper copies, people rooting through each copy. Imagine if Amazon did this- they would be out of business in a month.