wooly bugger

understanding NJ corruption

Theoretical questions

1) how much does it cost to buy a legislator? Looking at Mainor's funding, he was his biggest donor, followed by NJEA ($2500), and then various individuals ($500.) That's not so much compared with the price tag for a federal legislator

2) how much does it cost to buy a CCW? That's just pure curiosity. I can't afford it, and even if I could, I wouldn't play that game. Just wondering how much a police chief costs.

Why can't they just be transparent and post a price list?

Theoretical questions

1) how much does it cost to buy a legislator?...

Why can't they just be transparent and post a price list?

That would be Bob Menendez's job, but he's too busy doing underage girls to care about his constituents.

It's the DemoRat way!

250px-WildRat.jpg

I think it's a superior court Judge you have to get to approve a CCW, not a police chief... And they're appointed, not elected and not supposed to take bribes.

Then what do you have do for the superior court Judge? I assumed it was like NYC. I doubt Li'l Wayne or some Hollywood star can do much for a judge. All they've got is money.

Theoretical questions

1) how much does it cost to buy a legislator? Looking at Mainor's funding, he was his biggest donor, followed by NJEA ($2500), and then various individuals ($500.) That's not so much compared with the price tag for a federal legislator

You know, you have a good point. We could probably buy his corrupt a$$ for $5K or so. But, after yesterday, the idea of donating $10K to any future political rival has more appeal, since it appears that such a donation would be significant for an assembly race.

The idea of a super-PAC has been discussed elsewhere, and I think we need to find out who's vulnerable. Mainor killed in both the primaries and election, so I think he's untouchable.

However, look at Cryan. Killed his Republican opponent, but close primary. I doubt his competitor would be much better, but it would send a very strong message if we could unseat him, and his opponent would be on notice. Check out the ballotpedia on him.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Joseph_Cryan

His district is 33% Hispanic, and both primary opponents have Spanish names (I don't mean to jump to conclusions. Just trying to generate ideas here.) Could a few thousand dollars in Spanish language ads and door to door knocking tip the balance???

I AM NOT soliciting donations, just letting you know, I will be running against Mainor. I am gathering all the paperwork necessary and have an appointment next week to go to Trenton to get all the filings correct, etc.

Let us know what we need to do to assist you!!

I'm not anywhere near your district... But I know a few people up that way. I can let them know there is a good guy.

HM Murdock - What do you want to know about Mainor? Let me know.

It's my understanding that he was elected twice in a landslide without real opposition from outside his party. Therefore his background has not been exposed and combed through as thoroughly as it might have been in a more balanced election. I believe this to be true of many of the elected officials from gerrymandered districts in NJ. While I don't think unquestionable proof of corruption or incompetence will unseat them in their own district this November it would be nice to present this proof in whole to voters in more balanced districts who may be increasingly frustrated at the corruption that proliferates unabated from the NJ Democrat Party machine.

Combing through Mainor's history in the legal databases is a start to finding the skeletons in his closet.

As for Cryan.. I know better to go near that organization, especially as an individual.