almiz111

Gov. Christie vs NJ Assy/Senate

Gov. Christie just fired up his violence panel. It is on going and there is no final report yet. So why why why would he pay any attention to new gun laws from the Assy/Senate?? What if the panel conclusions conflict with the proposed laws. Somebody will look stupid, no?

So he may in the future sign or veto some or all of the crap going around. But he can't do it until the panel issues a final report and it is squared with the propsed laws.

Also how long can a bill sit after passage by the Assy/Senate? Does a time limit kill it without a veto?

Just some thoughts which I think are logical.

45 days with a few exceptions. Christie should have his report before he need to sign or veto anything.

I posted this over on the Lautenberg/Booker thread, and it might be relevant to this, too.

http://blog.nj.com/n...kfire_on_t.html

Paul Mulshine/The Star Ledger "Will gun control backfire on the Democrats?"

At one point, a pro-gun lady who said she used to serve in the Navy gave the chairman a lecture for holding a sidebar conversation while she was testifying. Chairman Charles Mainor responded, "This is my hearing." Big mistake. The room erupted in howls and the Hudson County Democrat was soon mollifying the mob.

This was a less-than-auspicious beginning for bills that are designed to rally the Democrats for the November elections. The Democratic strategy was to put the popular governor on the spot by forcing him to either sign the bills or alienate the gun lobby. But before those bills can get to Christie, they have to get past Steve Sweeney.

At the moment, the Senate president from South Jersey is more popular than the governor with many gun owners. That’s a real plus for any statewide ambitions he may hold. But when it comes to future ambitions, Christie’s could easily survive vetoing these bills. But could Sweeney’s ambitions survive if he passed this package?

Maybe the Democrats have some brilliant strategy concerning guns here. But yesterday they gave every appearance of having formed a circular firing squad.

I'm pretty confident that CC is going to veto these bills altogether and ask for something more sensible.

My sincere hope as that we cause such a ruckus they never get approved. But failing that I think your correct.

He cant even think of running for President if he signs any of these.

I don't either. The only thing we have going for us is that sometimes CC surprises.

As a general rule, Christie and all RINOs have trouble doing the right thing when the stakes are high, such as when the future of individual liberty is at stake.

My sincere hope as that we cause such a ruckus they never get approved. But failing that I think your correct.

He cant even think of running for President if he signs any of these.

two things you are forgetting, the first is the people have short memories and second is he has an NJ election coming up. what does that mean, honestly I have no idea but I'm sure the election will factor into it at some level. If he has any balls he will come out swinging and say NJ has enough laws (and taxes) period, end of story.

45 days with a few exceptions. Christie should have his report before he need to sign or veto anything.

I posted this over on the Lautenberg/Booker thread, and it might be relevant to this, too.

That was a good read. Nice to see some media coverage on our side as well.

What are you basing this on???

I hope you're right. Or are we all goig to have to put $$$money$$$ on it........

It's just a gut feeling, all of the bills and the idiots representing them just didn't make any sense whatsoever, and with that I feel CC being a fair guy as he describes himself will prevail.

It's just a gut feeling, all of the bills and the idiots representing them just didn't make any sense whatsoever, and with that I feel CC being a fair guy as he describes himself will prevail.

I agree but CC doesn't want to be bullied into signing gun laws that will do nothing to prevent crime.

I think personally he will let them go into law themselves. Wait out the 45 days. That's his best political way at approaching this...

I respectfully disagree, that just doesn't seem like his style. He'll either sign or veto, but he won't just hide under his bed at The Mansion and come out on day 46 looking for his shadow. After all, what kind of strong leadership skills will that show?

No, he's going to face this one way or another if/when gets to his desk. The rest of country would never forget, or forgive him if he didn't.

I betting he'll sign the No internet ammo sales, mental health related bills, and 10 round magazine limits. The rest has a good chance of veto. If he doesn't sign at least those, he's really hurting his chances at re-election in NJ.

I'm really really really hoping I'm wrong and Christie grows a pair and rejects all of them. I guess I'm lucky that all my mags are 10 rounds.

I'm pretty confident that CC is going to veto these bills altogether and ask for something more sensible.

I have been posting info all over Twitter regarding the illogical aspects of the proposed new laws, and, have been asking my followers to tweet to Christie (@GovChristie) and ask him to veto these laws. I've also been in contact with my Assemblyman (@LouGreenwald) asking him questions and commenting on his inane tweets regarding these new "common sense" gun laws.

Please feel free to copy my tweets and resend them, or retweet them. My account is @HindaRifka Social media can be a valuable tool, and the more we utilize all tools at our fingertips, the better. Tell your followers to remind Christie that outside of New Jersey, it is considered bad form to enact more gun control. His chances of taking the National stage will diminish if he does not veto these ridiculous new laws.

Amy

Christie's conundrum is that what will play among the NJ soccer moms and Volvo Republicans won't play for the red state Republican primary voters in 2016.

The goal of this legislation isn't to save any lives, it's to damage Christie. I expect that he'll wait until he gets the report from his NJ SAFE panel before he does anything. I'm less optimistic about him vetoing now that the bills have been toned down to a certain extent.

No matter what he does, I think we'll see an amazing ballet performance for a big guy.