NJDrew1

Grrrrr. Some dealers are a pain in the ass

After calling around for a day, none of the dealers I called had a kimber eclipse custom II in stock, and obviously were unable to tell me when they might receive one (which I understand given the current run on guns and ammo). My brother found one in a gun store in Louisiana. The person he spoke to told him that they could transfer it, but I'd have to call from the FFL that I do business with, so that they can exchange FFL stuff, and I could provide him with a credit card. I call the store, as directed, and the owner answers the phone and tells me that they don't do transfers, and that the clerk put me through all of that in error. Been one of those days.

Andrew:

I have heard that it is all but impossible for Kimber dealers to order specific models. IIRC, it is a $15K buy-in to become a Kimber dealer and once you are, you pretty much get what they want to send you as far as inventory.

You might want to look at some of Sig's 1911's. The STX has a lot of "bling" going for it. Or just the two-tone traditional match elite. Just some suggestions, as a Sig dealer can order a specific model - although dependent on when they are going to do a production run of that model, it may take a while.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

RRA 1911s good choice to look at for your price range and much easier to find it seems in the NE.

The only 1911's RRA are currently making are the poly-framed ones and the old ones are hard to come by and extremely pricey when (if) you can find one.

Did you mean RIA? But those are considerably below the price point he's considering.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The only 1911's RRA are currently making are the poly-framed ones and the old ones are hard to come by and extremely pricey when (if) you can find one.

Did you mean RIA? But those are considerably below the price point he's considering.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Good call Bob! I had not realized RRA went to only making the poly frames. Returning to the platform after a long hiatus, my tastes have been on the other end (with notable exception of the SR1911). That's a shame about RRA. Had several nice offerings for the $1-2K range (couple turkeys too we know).

Good call Bob! I had not realized RRA went to only making the poly frames. Returning to the platform after a long hiatus, my tastes have been on the other end (with notable exception of the SR1911). That's a shame about RRA. Had several nice offerings for the $1-2K range (couple turkeys too we know).

I looked and wasn't interested in poly frames.

I was at Ottomaneli's yesterday and they had quite a few Sigs and Kimbers. Not sure if I saw what you were looking for but wouldn't hurt to give them a call.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I was at Ottomaneli's yesterday and they had quite a few Sigs and Kimbers. Not sure if I saw what you were looking for but wouldn't hurt to give them a call.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to buy it off of Gunbrokers about an hour ago. Just got the invoice from the dealer in my email.

After calling around for a day, none of the dealers I called had a kimber eclipse custom II in stock, and obviously were unable to tell me when they might receive one (which I understand given the current run on guns and ammo). My brother found one in a gun store in Louisiana. The person he spoke to told him that they could transfer it, but I'd have to call from the FFL that I do business with, so that they can exchange FFL stuff, and I could provide him with a credit card. I call the store, as directed, and the owner answers the phone and tells me that they don't do transfers, and that the clerk put me through all of that in error. Been one of those days.

A lot of kimber pistols were 6-8 months wait period before Obama's re election.. More kimbers are sold than any other 1911 Gunbroker is always your friend when looking for hard to find pistols.

A lot of kimber pistols were 6-8 months wait period before Obama's re election.. More kimbers are sold than any other 1911 Gunbroker is always your friend when looking for hard to find pistols.

I found that out yesterday. What looked to be a useless search, turned into a find in a matter of minutes. Not only did I find it NIB, I got a good deal on it. Received all of the confirmations in a matter of hours.

Andrew:

I have heard that it is all but impossible for Kimber dealers to order specific models. IIRC, it is a $15K buy-in to become a Kimber dealer and once you are, you pretty much get what they want to send you as far as inventory.

You might want to look at some of Sig's 1911's. The STX has a lot of "bling" going for it. Or just the two-tone traditional match elite. Just some suggestions, as a Sig dealer can order a specific model - although dependent on when they are going to do a production run of that model, it may take a while.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

True...plus all gun are built to order as received by Kimber in runs that are planned out. Ususally anywhere from 6 months to a year.

True...plus all gun are built to order as received by Kimber in runs that are planned out. Ususally anywhere from 6 months to a year.

I guess I just got lucky. It was available on gunbroker, it was new and I got it at a decent discount.

Only in NJ could they charge $15 for something they get from the feds for free, and have it take days instead of seconds, as it does in the free world. Why am I still here????

Adios,

Pizza Bob