Sign in to follow this  
MeanderingCuban

Will my current firearms be illegal

Given the fact that we will probabaly if not 100% be subjected to these new idiotic laws will my current guns be illegal? I have called, written, emailed and faxed every senator, represtantive and amyone else involved and all my efforts fell on deaf ears. I knew they would not listen but I could not just sit around.

I own the following:

Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge 18" barrel no pistol grips just the OEM.

Savage mark II F 22LR with a 5 round and 10 round mag.

S&W M&P .22 with a ten round magazine. This one has me a tad more concerend becuase the magazine is the same one that holds 12 rounds but has a factory installed ten round limiter.

Can't see why any of your guns would be illegal. I'm not familiar with it but is the block in the S&W mag removable? If so the magazine woulf be illegal based on the current guidelines for blocking anything over 15 rds.

I think the block is removbale so I guess that means it would have to go back to S&W for a retrofit?

Totally safe, I don't see you having any issues with the legality of those guns. Even if the magazine became an issue Im sure the gun would still be legal just maybe not the magazine

I see your logic but if the magazine is illegal and S&W doesn't come out with on that can't be modified then the gun is for the most part a brick.

It is impossible to make a determination regarding the legality or illegality of any existing weapon until the final version of any passed bill is signed into law because amendments may be offered when bills come up for votes by the entire assembly or senate which may alter the language of any bills released by a committee.

It is impossible to make a determination regarding the legality or illegality of any existing weapon until the final version of any passed bill is signed into law because amendments may be offered when bills come up for votes by the entire assembly or senate which may alter the language of any bills released by a committee.

You're right, I'm just trying to get a feel for what I may and may not be able to own. I'm going by the current language in each bill.

I really hope that Christie does not pass these bills either by signing them or passivly allowing them to become law.