PeteF

Sounds like Ohio has had enough

Bill introduced to make firearm confiscation, registrations, or potential bans illegal.

Also make it a 1st degree felony against any LEO trying to enforce one.

http://ohio.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2013/02/13/ohio-bill-would-prohibit-firearm-seizure-forced-registration-and-potential-ban/

Just dreaming, but if enough states will do this, all these anti 2a bs bills will go away. Bad enough the government can't control individual municipalities, but when whole states won't conform to the feds way of thinking, I'd hope they'd throw their hands and in...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Just dreaming, but if enough states will do this, all these anti 2a bs bills will go away. Bad enough the government can't control individual municipalities, but when whole states won't conform to the feds way of thinking, I'd hope they'd throw their hands and in...

Typos courtesy Apple...

Some of our great States do not have to do anything. It's already included in their State Constitutions. Several of these States want their Sovereign Rights back, granted by the 10th Amendment, which have been eroded by the 16th and 17th Amendments and changes to the 14th. If you ever studied Constitutional Law, you will know that the sovereignty of the States has been further stripped down since the 1930s by SCOTUS rulings (there's several good reads on this). There have been a few clashes about sovereignty of the States in recent decades, and a progressive 10th Amendment movement. The last sizeable clash was in 2009 and probably escaped many of our attention here in the New Jersey, but this is when Washington, New Hampshire, Arizona, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, California (yes, I'm not kidding) and Georgia introduced Bills and resolutions declaring/reaffirming sovereignty under the 10th Amendment, and many more were considering it. It seems the assault on the 2nd Amendment may be pushing more States to reclaim the power afforded them under the 10th.

I don't know each states exact past rulings or constitutions, but how many in the past made it a felony offense for anyone to come in, feds included, to take their guns and rights away? That's really what I was referring to...

Enough become heavy hitters, the feds will have to have second thoughts. Yes/No?

Some of our great States do not have to do anything. It's already included in their State Constitutions. Several of these States want their Sovereign Rights back, granted by the 10th Amendment, which have been eroded by the 16th and 17th Amendments and changes to the 14th. If you ever studied Constitutional Law, you will know that the sovereignty of the States has been further stripped down since the 1930s by SCOTUS rulings (there's several good reads on this). There have been a few clashes about sovereignty of the States in recent decades, and a progressive 10th Amendment movement. The last sizeable clash was in 2009 and probably escaped many of our attention here in the New Jersey, but this is when Washington, New Hampshire, Arizona, Montana, Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, California (yes, I'm not kidding) and Georgia introduced Bills and resolutions declaring/reaffirming sovereignty under the 10th Amendment, and many more were considering it. It seems the assault on the 2nd Amendment may be pushing more States to reclaim the power afforded them under the 10th.

Typos courtesy Apple...

I don't know each states exact past rulings or constitutions, but how many in the past made it a felony offense for anyone to come in, feds included, to take their guns and rights away? That's really what I was referring to...

Enough become heavy hitters, the feds will have to have second thoughts. Yes/No?

Typos courtesy Apple...

See Constitution of Texas, Sections 23 and 29 for instance. Idaho, Section 11. I think I see where you're coming from though. You pointing out that they've construed a chargeable offense in Ohio, whereas other States position is that it is inalienable Right and no-one can strip.

Bingo! :)

See Constitution of Texas, Sections 23 and 29 for instance. Idaho, Section 11. I think I see where you're coming from though. You pointing out that they've construed a chargeable offense in Ohio, whereas other States position is that it is inalienable Right and no-one can strip.

Typos courtesy Apple...

Lautenberg will usurp the throne of Satan and freeze hell over before that happens.

Now now. That's not what will happen. If you want to know where the zombie apocalypse comes from, Lautenberg dies, takes over from Satan, and all teh damned souls vote with their feet because eternal damnation was one thing, but THIS crap... well.