super-dad

Boycott Sales of Ammo to Government Entities - Only Private Citizens

In my pursuing the Internet I came across an interesting article about a groaning number of Internet etailers of firearms and ammunition, who are refusing to sell to the federal and state government agencies and police forces who refuse to support second amendment rights.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Gun-Companies-To-State-Governments-With-Strict-Gun-Laws-No-Guns-For-You

I would be interested in like minded people who would start calling all the major USA ammunition manufactures and have then join the "No Ammo for Non-supporters of the 2A," movement.

I believe we have something here - statistically 95% of all ammunition sales are to private US citizens.

I'd be curious what some other members think about this growing boycott movement? Sometimes dollars speak louder than words.

I can tell you that you your propsal will make A LOT of Cops very happy as I know very few that enjoy qualifying and training with their firearms.

How the lack of training will impact public safety in general, and the costs of payouts derived from any of the many legitimate lawsuits incurred (and are ultimately paid by the taxpayer) when an "untrained" Officer uses DPF is anyones guess...

I can tell you that you your propsal will make A LOT of Cops very happy as I know very few that enjoy qualifying and training with their firearms.

How the lack of training will impact public safety in general, and the costs of payouts derived from any of the many legitimate lawsuits incurred (and are ultimately paid by the taxpayer) when an "untrained" Officer uses DPF is anyones guess...

The vast majority of cops never fire their weapon outside of training in their entire careers. Not having as much ammo to train with isn't going to affect those rare instances when they do.

Wouldn't it be funny if instead of "desk duty," bad cops got reassigned to "reloading duty?" They'd first have to sneak across to Cabelas in PA, buy a bunch of components in bulk, and then scrounge brass from the police training range. Poetic justice.

In some cases, lack of training might actually make us safer. While a cop is spending 20-30 seconds changing his magazine, any innocent bystanders can catch a cab and leave the scene.

Cheaper than Dirt joins the boycott...

Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'

2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment.

There is another thread on this forum stating Larues intentions.

Here is a letter I have drafted and would like some input before emailing.

Dear fellow Americans,

Please note that I have emailed most of the big name gun manufacturers that sell arms in the United States. I respectfully ask that you copy and forward this email to any other competing manufacturer or sister corporation that I have not listed. United we stand, Divided we fall.

As a civilian gun and ammunition purchaser, I implore you to deny sales of any ammunition, weapon or repairs to any government agency, quasi government agency, GOC (Government owned corporation), SOE (State owned corporation), or any third party business that supplies such entities until there is legal parity between the rights of the civilian population and the government to purchase said goods and services.

Sincerely,

Joe Taxpayer

Sending to:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Cheaper than Dirt joins the boycott...

Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'

2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment.

Interesting that CTD is painting themselves as Pro2A after the hijinks they pulled post Newtown.

Mayhaps they've seen the light?

Interesting that CTD is painting themselves as Pro2A after the hijinks they pulled post Newtown.

More likely the saw a decrease in sales etc and are attempting a half ass damage control plan.... They say no sales to gvt...but their site spells out the process of gvt sales?... which is it ctd?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GovernmentSales.aspx

Wouldn't it be funny if instead of "desk duty," bad cops got reassigned to "reloading duty?" They'd first have to sneak across to Cabelas in PA, buy a bunch of components in bulk, and then scrounge brass from the police training range. Poetic justice.

In some cases, lack of training might actually make us safer. While a cop is spending 20-30 seconds changing his magazine, any innocent bystanders can catch a cab and leave the scene.

our PD years ago use to reload.. 38 spl's

95%, does that include the 1.6 billion contracted out for DHS in the past year?

Given that the estimated maximum production capacity for domestic ammunition manufacturers is between 12-15 billion rounds a year (estimate comes from those same manufacturers)? Yeah, even then we buy most. Heck, the government bought 1.621 billion. We bought the next two years of production including foreign imports. so 1.1-1.7 months of production vs. 22+ in the same time frame.

An average year of sales for 22LR is something like 2 billion rounds.

More likely the saw a decrease in sales etc and are attempting a half ass damage control plan.... They say no sales to gvt...but their site spells out the process of gvt sales?... which is it ctd?

http://www.cheaperth...nmentSales.aspx

They didn't say "no gov't sales". They said "will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens."

I'm sure it's a pocketbook issue. They likely make more money selling a wide assortment of products to many citizen gun owners than the limited-margin contract stuff to governmental entities.