High Velocity

Email Message from Cheaper Than Dirt

I received this email message from them this morning. I guess this means they are on our side now?

Cheaper Than Dirt Supports Citizens'

2nd Amendment Rights

Recently companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms announced they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states denying civilians to own those same items. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt's policy not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this sentiment

Dead to me.

It's a completely shallow gesture.

Here's what their web sites says about government sales:

http://www.cheaperth...nmentSales.aspx

I don't see anything about excluding sales to certain states.

Somehow, I don't think the NY State Police surf the web for the best prices before placing an order for 100k rounds of .223.

Dead to me.

It's a completely shallow gesture.

Here's what their web sites says about government sales:

http://www.cheaperth...nmentSales.aspx

I don't see anything about excluding sales to certain states.

Somehow, I don't think the NY State Police surf the web for the best prices before placing an order for 100k rounds of .223.

Weird that they couldnt update that part of the site as fast as they did their AR mags to a hundred bucks a pop. CTD who?

3rd... The few times I ordered from them, one minute the checkout price was one amount. Then later, they shipped from another one of their warehouses and charged me another ridiculous shipping fee. By time I was done, the total didn't save me squat. Screw em...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I always thought they were to high priced. After the panic they went way way over the top. This company has no ethics.

They will turn again when its better for them to do so. They will not see a dime of my money even if they slashed prices to be the lowest on the net.

Whewwwwwww, That was close.... I bought a Sig 2022 yesterday, and it only comes with one mag. So I have been searching to buy more, and the only place I found them was Cheaper than Shit, before I pulled the trigger, I put out a SOS to somebody, and they knew another location to get them....

Found them here.... http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ instead.

I was pretty shocked at CTD ammo prices. I had no preconceived ideas about them when I went looking for ammo--and with their name I thought I might find something reasonable. What I found was lots of stuff showing in-stock, but at gouge-level prices. No wonder they are able to keep so much in stock! I will never check them again even if they have decent prices.

I ended up buying 4 boxes of Hornady Steel case match HAP from SGAmmo at about $24 each---just arrived today! With SGAmmo I had to request notification when they had it in stock. I was notified Sunday morning, and they had 58 boxes in stock, when I finally got to it on Sunday evening they were down to 4, which I promptly bought.

Still on the notify list for several different brands from Midway as well.

I was pretty shocked at CTD ammo prices. I had no preconceived ideas about them when I went looking for ammo--and with their name I thought I might find something reasonable. What I found was lots of stuff showing in-stock, but at gouge-level prices. No wonder they are able to keep so much in stock! I will never check them again even if they have decent prices.

I ended up buying 4 boxes of Hornady Steel case match HAP from SGAmmo at about $24 each---just arrived today! With SGAmmo I had to request notification when they had it in stock. I was notified Sunday morning, and they had 58 boxes in stock, when I finally got to it on Sunday evening they were down to 4, which I promptly bought.

Still on the notify list for several different brands from Midway as well.

I thought Midway doesn't ship ammo to NJ.

This is what I got from midwayusa tonight and promptly forwarded this to ctd with a note regarding their loss of my business because of the price gauging

In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.

Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.

We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.

One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.

As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD