NJSigfan

"Do you have your permit sir?" -1 for Sportmans Rendezvouz

They are pretty much my local gun shop and while prices aren’t always the best I usually get good service from them. Also get my bait there on the way to Round Valley in the summer (but they are not open on Sundays – WTF?). I like to shop locally, and try and avoid places like Dick’s and Walmart. Definitely mom & pop, I think everyone who works there is a family member. I’ve got a Henry on order from them; will probably take a while due to the factory getting hammered in Sandy. And they had ammo when no one else did, so there’s that.

Its just a store policy guys get over it. The old guy is the only one I've ever heard complaints about. The rest of them are actually pretty nice. Not the most informative but pleasant to deal with. As long as they continue to have competitive prices I'll shop there.

Its just a store policy guys get over it. The old guy is the only one I've ever heard complaints about. The rest of them are actually pretty nice. Not the most informative but pleasant to deal with. As long as they continue to have competitive prices I'll shop there.

I agree.... I have not had any problems there. Yes, my first time there was akward but everytime since its been fine. And friends of mine who shop there but are not posters here say they are pleased with them. In these times we need to all stand together and not bash. We are all in this together and we need numbers. So by slamming one guy for something is just weaking our resources. Not every shop is gonna be a peaches and cream dream but be glad theres still these small shops and not just DICKS.

I did go there today since some of you had better experiences.

Its a pretty densely packed little shop that you couldnt fully browse in one visit...I wandered for 5 minutes before a younger guy asked if he could help me...I got some of that .22LR at 30 bucks...he wanted my FID...recorded it in the book...got some 9mm snap caps and a box of 7.62x54R tullo for 15 bucks.

Not too bad a place....now I am older and may not be subject to attitudes that a younger person may experience, but if I was them and want to make and keep customers...I would do an attitude self exam..

.I could walk to Lous, but they dont deal in ammo much.

Been to two stores after getting my FID. Bullseye Tactical and Heritage Guild of Rahway both asked to see my DL and FID before allowing me to handle the pistols... I have yet to be asked to show my P2P.

I don't have a problem with it honestly, they are just covering their own asses.

A dealer who requests to see either your FPID or P2P is doing this as a matter of their own policy. There is no law that says that they are required to present it. The law says that a temporary transfer can not be made to someone that is "known" to be a prohibited person. In other words, if the dealer knows that the customer has a TRO against him, he can not lawfully show (temporarily transfer) a firearm to him. I can see where the dealers in urban area would request a FPID as an assurance that they are not prohibited due to their heavy walkin traffic, however, is it really a guarantee? No.

It became so common to be asked to show my FIPD that now I just pull it out without being asked to. Frankly, it doesn't bother me. After all the dealer is handing me over his property that's worth hundred of dollars.

I was never asked to show a P2P just to see a pistol. That probably would send me out the door really fast.