onedown5up

SA M1A1 standard

It's high but that's just the way it's going to be right now. I have a National Match I paid $1300.00 for NIB from Shore Shot about 2 years ago. Right now I can sell it used for $1900.00 on Gunbroker. If you dont have any .308 ammo on hand your going to have a hell of a time locating it and the prices are very high.

I wouldn't. My father bought one for $2200. Calculated risk for him. He's wanted one since he was a kid and the chance of not being able to get one..probably worth it even if the "ban" doesn't go through.

I picked up a SOCOM 16 just after the panic for $1650.

.308 isn't the WORST to find. I picked up 50 round boxes of CBC for $39.

Fun guns, but quirky...know that much. If you're looking for something that's a "tack driver" right out of the box, not your gun.

Me? I wouldn't sell mine at any price. I love it.

After the Panic

you living in Canada? The panic buying maybe over because the money is running out or all the buyers have what they need but the manufactures of both ammo and firearms are going to be far behind in production for some time espically American Companies. The normal price for a socom 16 is typically $1650.00 before all of this the Socom 16 II add about $150.00 to that. You cant find one anywhere for less then $2k more like $2200.00 and $2500.00 + for the II in nj or on any Auction site. I do not know one local shope that can get semi auto from Springfield right now, many have called for me on behalf of my brother for the Socom. Springfield just startred answering the phone again 2 weeks ago.

As far as a tack driver it was never ment to be it's a DMR and a hell of a good one. The Socom is not near as accurate as the Standard due to the 16" barrel. You give up accuracy for the shorter barrel. I also have to disagree with you on the ease of getting ammo for it. the going rate everywhere local or online is .90 to $1.00 a round for brass and .70-.80 a round for Steel cased. Match grade is $30-$38.00 per 20 rounds. depending on brand. The Quirky part please explain? I use mine for hunting and NRA Hi power and in 2 years have put at least 1500 rounds though it between practice and competition, it's been cleaned and that's it.

you living in Canada? The panic buying maybe over because the money is running out or all the buyers have what they need but the manufactures of both ammo and firearms are going to be far behind in production for some time espically American Companies. The normal price for a socom 16 is typically $1650.00 before all of this the Socom 16 II add about $150.00 to that. You cant find one anywhere for less then $2k more like $2200.00 and $2500.00 + for the II in nj or on any Auction site. I do not know one local shope that can get semi auto from Springfield right now, many have called for me on behalf of my brother for the Socom. Springfield just startred answering the phone again 2 weeks ago.

As far as a tack driver it was never ment to be it's a DMR and a hell of a good one. The Socom is not near as accurate as the Standard due to the 16" barrel. You give up accuracy for the shorter barrel. I also have to disagree with you on the ease of getting ammo for it. the going rate everywhere local or online is .90 to $1.00 a round for brass and .70-.80 a round for Steel cased. Match grade is $30-$38.00 per 20 rounds. depending on brand. The Quirky part please explain? I use mine for hunting and NRA Hi power and in 2 years have put at least 1500 rounds though it between practice and competition, it's been cleaned and that's it.

1) OP was talking about the standard M1A. Meaning: NOT the SOCOM. Of course the 16" SOCOM is not going to be as accurate as the standard (MA9102)

2) The Springfield run are a bit rough. They take some modifications to get them where the accuracy should be even for a DMR. The replacement with USGI parts helps.

3) You can find 7.62 in CBC/Magtech around 50 for $33-$38 (or roughly $.75), match; yes, that's higher.

4) I take it you're on the M14 Forums? If not, go on there. There's volumes and volumes about what people have done to make these rifles more accurate and function better.

Buy an m1....

:)

Having owned all new sa rifles.....standard scout squad socom.. .

THIS.... contact Garand Guy for a 7.62x51 Garand. cost is $1000 and no mags, same gun if not better because you can shoot any ammo through it.