voyager9

Storage Requirements

I quickly searched the Law FAQ and didn't see an answer to my question..

Does NJ have any laws related to the off-site storage of firmarms? Can a person store their firearms someplace that is not their primary residence?

For example: Can they store their firearms in a safe in a self-storage unit (assuming the unit itself allows it)?

Can they store them in a safe at a friend's house? What about in a safe at a family member's (father, brother..etc) house?

If these are allowed are there limitations as to who access to the safe? Would two be required if both parties had their own firearms?

It is illegal to store at anyone elses residence because they then become in their possesion.

there is a firearms storage facility in whippany, short term, long term storage, I believe the fees are resonable

http://www.firearmssupport.com

Long & Short Term / Extended Vacations

Like to take long or frequent vacations? Maybe you have a vacation home or 2. Unfortunately it is not so easy to travel with your guns in the US.

That is where our “Gunsitters” program comes in. We can provide safe and secure pickup and delivery of your firearms while you vacation without any concerns of there whereabouts.

The majority of home burglary happens while you are away. Although insurance may cover the value of you collection, it will not help you if your stolen guns are used in a crime.

Don’t worry any longer, we will clean and take special care of your “babies” while you are jetsetting about. Think of it like sending them on a vacation too. You may send your pet to the “pet spa” while your away. Why not your guns?

fees are resonable and your guns are cleaned, prepped and stored in mylar in your own safe deposit box way underground in climat controlled enviroment.

I have never used them but met them @ outdoors show in raritan

I quickly searched the Law FAQ and didn't see an answer to my question..

Does NJ have any laws related to the off-site storage of firmarms? Can a person store their firearms someplace that is not their primary residence?

For example: Can they store their firearms in a safe in a self-storage unit (assuming the unit itself allows it)?

Can they store them in a safe at a friend's house? What about in a safe at a family member's (father, brother..etc) house?

If these are allowed are there limitations as to who access to the safe? Would two be required if both parties had their own firearms?

if i may add to this question? is it legal for me to keep my firearms at my place of work(i own the shop), providing they're still properly locked/stored?

I'll bet lots of interesting "STUFF" happened during Sandy, and firearms were distributed to family members and friends that weren't flooded-out. With some homes literally picked-up by the serge and floating down the streets, plenty of folks had to employ some common sense, both firearms owners and the Police! Too bad there aren't many threads about what so-and-so was told to do by the Police. We could forward some of that to the Assembly Committee (that just released 23 anti-gun Bills) to show them all what REALITY is in NJ........

A self storage unit would fall under the guise of leased property.. I am not a lawyer, but a lease agreement of property with an agreement allows you to store your firearms there.. Just as you would be afforded the right to own guns in a rented appt.

So technically a person could Lease a 3'x3' section of a family member's basement for $1 a year to hold a safe you provide.. as long as there is a written lease agreement it would qualify under what you mentioned above?

So technically a person could Lease a 3'x3' section of a family member's basement for $1 a year to hold a safe you provide.. as long as there is a written lease agreement it would qualify under what you mentioned above?

The answer to this is dependent upon how tight the respondent's tin foil hat is.

But how's the pricing?

Pricing was decent esp since it included shipping (at least to curb).

eg http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=202962951&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&MERCH=REC-_-product-2-_-202964013-_-202962951-_-N#.USKF4aWmhXG

I checked Dicks S&H and they wanted $250!!!

Anyone know anyone that sells gun safes besides Dicks, would prefer to give my business to someone else.

i wqs down at bobs little sport shop the other day. they've got some nice ones, reasonably priced.....and the people there are disgustingly friendly.

You could try tractor supply. Around Christmas time the stores were loaded with them. Prices are pretty decent for what you get and even better when they are on sale. Better price and quality than what I saw at Dicks.

The one in Wantage pretty much always has gun safes. Not surprising. Lots and lots of fudds living up here, lol.