Njgunowner

Recall vote, think we could pull it off?

Someone brought this up in another forum talking about NY. They don't have a recall option, but WE DO! It's a tough process but it is available. Even if unsuccessful, it could scare some of them straight if it gathers enough steam.

Recall procedures

Notice of intention

A recall committee of at least three registered voters is needed to initiate recall proceedings. This process may not begin until 50 days before the completion of the incumbent's first year of the current term in office. The recall committee must notify the appropriate election official of the names and addresses of at least three members of the recall committee. The election official accepting the petition will then review the notice of intention for compliance with statutory provisions, calculate the cost of a special election, and notify committee members of the acceptance or rejection of the notice, within three business days. The election official also notifies the incumbent of the notice of intention of recall within five business and publishes a notice of the recall effort.

Signature requirement

Upon approval of the petition, the recall committee and other registered voters in the jurisdiction of the recall election will solicit the signatures of other registered voters in that jurisdiction. The recall effort is limited to 320 days for a Governor or 160 days for other elected officials from the date of the notice of intention. The petition requires the signatures of 25% of the registered voters in the jurisdiction, as of the last general election.

Petition review

The election official reviewing the petition will then certify the number of signatures and determine validity within 10 days. If the petition is accepted, the election official will schedule the recall election.

Contact information

New Jersey Division of Elections

44 South Clinton Avenue, 7th Floor

P.O. Box 304

Trenton, NJ 08625-0304

Phone: 609.292.3760

25% of the registered voters in the jurisdiction?? These are the 2011 election results for Cyan's District 20:

District 20

June 7 Democratic Primary:

June 7 Republican Primary:

November 8 General election candidates:

D Joseph Cryan: 12,104

D Annette Quijano: 12,116

R John Donoso: 4,128

These are the results for Mainor's District 31:

District 31

• Charles Mainor: 7,358 Incumbent Mainor was first elected to District 31 in 2009.
  • Jason O'Donnell: 7,396 Incumbent O'Donnell was first elected to District 31 in 2009.

D Charles Mainor: 11,690

D Jason O'Donnell: 11,877

R Michael Alonso: 3,157

R Daniel Beckelman: 2,751

cite: http://ballotpedia.o...elections,_2011

Good Luck!

Cryan is candidate one. We need a way to reach EVERY NJ gun owner and lety them know what is going on, we are too disjointed.

Doesn't matter for this. Cryan would have to be done by the voters in his district. You might be able to shop the recall to some friendly politician to get the go ahead for signatures, but in the end you wind up with your pile of signatures, even if sufficient, and the government can still jsut tell you to go scratch. We have VERY weak recall rules compared to many other states.

ETA: looks like cryan might be doable to hit the letter of the law. THen you'd probably be told that it's a waste of money to replicate the results of the previous election as only about 25% voted against him.

If you do the math, your best bets are:

District 38:

Gordon,

Eustace

Wagner

District 7:

Conaway

Singleton

Cryan got 65% of the vote. I don't think it's going to happen. But as a tactic, it could work.

What a waste of time. Most of NJ is in favor of gun control, we are the minority in this state. The districts these clowns come from, probably even more so. The only way these guys are losing their jobs are 1, the decide to retire, 2. they go to jail, 3. their district gets redrawn. Short of these 3 things, these guys are here to stay. Welcome to NJ.

What a waste of time. Most of NJ is in favor of gun control, we are the minority in this state. The districts these clowns come from, probably even more so. The only way these guys are losing their jobs are 1, the decide to retire, 2. they go to jail, 3. their district gets redrawn. Short of these 3 things, these guys are here to stay. Welcome to NJ.

I wouldn't say it's a waste of time. What I do think is we are more involved and more aware of what's going on. As was said we are more organized now and becoming more every day. What we need to do as a group is make sure more of our firearms friends get the word. You would think most are, but that's probably no the case. The more is that are, the more people there is to work on educating the less informed. Will we get them all, no, but while there are places in NJ that are just about impossible to get the bad ones out when it comes time to vote, but there are places that with changes could be made.

It's never over till its over and we have a long road ahead of us, but we can make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that replacing Cryan with a pro-2A libertarian is a waste of time.

Supporting his primary opponents to get him out of office seems quite doable.

I realize that his opponents may be just as anti-2A as him, but it serves as a warning to those who would trample our rights, and after our generous support, the replacement might be a little less aggressive in pushing his agenda.

I agree that replacing Cryan with a pro-2A libertarian is a waste of time.

Waste of time? Ouch. Maybe it's my young idealism talking, but I think it's worth fighting the good fight.

My age group (18-24) is very susceptible open to new ideas and are the most active libertarian supporters that I'm aware of.

Waste of time? Ouch. Maybe it's my young idealism talking, but I think it's worth fighting the good fight.

My age group (18-24) is very susceptible open to new ideas and are the most active libertarian supporters that I'm aware of.

The problem is most 18-24 year olds don't vote. And in my experience they are rabid liberals. Lost track of the number of times I was called a racist for daring to disagree with Obama's policies in 2008

The problem is most 18-24 year olds don't vote. And in my experience they are rabid liberals. Lost track of the number of times I was called a racist for daring to disagree with Obama's policies in 2008

That age group just wants to do something -- change for the sake of change.

Doesn't hurt anyone if they want to channel that energy into rearranging their living room every week. But it's disastrous when meddling in government.

This disease will continue to spread to older age groups as the instant gratification fostered by modern technology and parenting breeds this impulsivity into new generations from birth.

It's best we don't encourage this age group to vote. Let's hope we don't ever change to virtual voting booths where these sloths can effect change from their couch without even having to go outside and deal with the nightmare they're creating.

OK, not a waste of time, but right now, displacing Cryan by any means is a HUGE win. I'd rather take a 10% chance of replacing him by a known challenger than a 2% chance of replacing him by a dark horse libertarian. Given 33% Hispanic and 22% black composition of his district, I think we have a much better chance of fighting him with a Hispanic challenger with a typical Democrat platform. To overgeneralize, blacks and Hispanics are underrepresented among libertarians. Even if the replacement isn't idealogically one of us, he'll know who butters his bread, and anything will be better than Cryan.

I still don't know what Cryan did with the $1MM he raised in the last election. Might be an interesting investigation....

I agree that in the short term our best chance is unseating him with a primary, but I would ideally like to see collaboration between the 2A community and the libertarians since they agree on guns .

In the long term, we need to get rid of the statist complacency because otherwise the next anti-2A politician can just pull the same crap that they're doing now.

25% of the registered voters in the jurisdiction?? These are the 2011 election results for Cyan's District 20:

District 20

D Joseph Cryan: 12,104

D Annette Quijano: 12,116

R John Donoso: 4,128

These are the results for Mainor's District 31:

District 31

• Charles Mainor: 7,358 Incumbent Mainor was first elected to District 31 in 2009.
  • Jason O'Donnell: 7,396 Incumbent O'Donnell was first elected to District 31 in 2009.

D Charles Mainor: 11,690

D Jason O'Donnell: 11,877

R Michael Alonso: 3,157

R Daniel Beckelman: 2,751

cite: http://ballotpedia.o...elections,_2011

Good Luck!

Am I really reading the above correctly. The combined votes for Republicans in District 31 were less than 1000, and the combined votes for the Democrats were almost 15,000? That is absurd. Why would a Republican either bother to run there, what's the point. Maybe they can find a PRO 2A Democrat to put on the ballot next time, they are VERY rare, but do exist, unlike Unicorns.

California recalled a governor. It can be done. Start with the low hanging fruit. Double down of those who want Obama to take them away.

NEW JERSEY SUPPORTERS OF NATIONAL GUN CONTROL

Mainor, Charles © - Yes, Wilson, Gilbert L. (V) – Yes, Connors, Sean - Yes, Cryan, Joseph – Yes, Johnson, Gordon M. – Yes, McGuckin, Gregory P. - Not Voting, Watson Coleman, Bonnie – Yes, Albano, Nelson T. - Not Voting, Barnes, Peter J., III - Yes, Benson, Daniel R. – Yes, Bramnick, Jon M. – Abstain, Brown, Christopher J. – Abstain, Burzichelli, John J. - Not Voting, Caputo, Ralph R. – Yes, Caride, Marlene – Yes, Chivukula, Upendra J. – Yes, Clifton, Robert D. – Abstain, Conaway, Herb, Jr. – Yes, Connors, Sean - Yes, Coughlin, Craig J. – Yes, Coutinho, Albert – Yes, Cryan, Joseph - Yes, Dancer, Ronald S. – Abstain, DeAngelo, Wayne P. – Yes, DeCroce, BettyLou - Abstain, Diegnan, Patrick J., Jr. – Yes, Egan, Joseph V. - Yes, Eustace, Timothy J. – Yes, Fuentes, Angel – Yes, Giblin, Thomas P. - Yes, Green, Jerry – Yes, Greenwald, Louis D. - Yes, Gusciora, Reed – Yes, Jasey, Mila M. - Yes, Jimenez, Angelica M. – Yes, Johnson, Gordon M. – Yes, Lampitt, Pamela R. – Yes, Mainor, Charles – Yes, McKeon, John F. – Yes, Moriarty, Paul D. – Yes, Mosquera, Gabriela M. – Yes, Munoz, Nancy F. - Abstain, O'Donnell, Jason – Yes, Oliver, Sheila Y. - Yes, Prieto, Vincent – Yes, Quijano, Annette - Yes, Ramos, Ruben J., Jr. – Yes, Riley, Celeste M. - Not Voting, Rudder, Scott – Abstain, Schaer, Gary S. – Yes, Schepisi, Holly - Not Voting, Singleton, Troy - Yes, Spencer, L. Grace – Yes, Stender, Linda – Yes, Sumter, Shavonda E. - Yes, Tucker, Cleopatra G. – Yes, Vainieri Huttle, Valerie – Yes, Wagner, Connie - Yes, Watson Coleman, Bonnie – Yes, Webber, Jay – Abstain, Wilson, Gilbert L. - Yes, Wimberly, Benjie E. – Yes, Wisniewski, John S. – Yes

I didn't vote the last election because I already knew Obama was going to win, and none of the moderates were going to win obviously. Before that, didn't care to, I don't see a reason for voting in a rigged and weak system of reprisentation.