nuclearheli

FFL inventory to private inventory transfer

I was told by a principal at RTSP that a FFL can transfer a pistol to his private collection without a pistol permit in New Jersey as long as the FFL is not in the name of a corporation. I cannot find any way to verify his statement. He said get Evan Nappen's book, you will find it in there. Well I did get the book and have read it cover to cover and still cannot get a straight answer to my question. Anyone know if this is true and if so where can I find the references?

I use pistol permits to obtain my guns......no nics check required tho

Every pistol I purchased prior to my FFL and after have all been done with Pistol Permits, no NICS when I became an FFL, and always after 30 days. I told the guy I thought he was wrong, he told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Discussion over.

Not doubting you, but how does that fly?

Well that is the law and that is well documented in Nappens book. Transfer of a firearm from the FFL inventory to their personal inventory does not require a NICS check. That's actually federal and state law.