paulnj088

ccp ccw

It just depends what the state wants to call their permit and how they want to define the parameters. In some states if you have a concealed weapons permit you carry anything ; other states issue a CCW and can be more restrictive.

NJ issues a "permit to carry a handgun".

So in michigan you cant have a ccw permit but you can have a ccp permit. I wonder if jersey has a form for a ccp

Anyone ever look into this.

Ccw~weapon

Ccp~ pistol.

HhMmmmm

CCW as an abbreviation is sometimes used as a generic concealed carry indicator. I believe in NJ it is called License to Carry Firearm Concealed. In Florida it is called "Concealed Weapon or Firearm License".

Er

CCW as an abbreviation is sometimes used as a generic concealed carry indicator. I believe in NJ it is called License to Carry Firearm Concealed. In Florida it is called "Concealed Weapon or Firearm License".

NJ does call it "permit to carry a handgun". It does not specify "concealed". However, if you have a permit in NJ and choose to open carry and you're not wearing some type of security guard uniform the commotion you create will probably ensure you lose your permit.