Njbanshee

M44 in the wrapper

I heard somewhere that cosmoline is carcinogenic. I would clean the rifle immediately before I place it in my safe with my other "toys".

If you have an isolated storage for the rifle, I would leave it in the cosmoline-soaked wrapper until you decide what you want to do with it.

If I keep it in the wrapping I'm not going to keep it in the safe. I have been searching around and have not seen an m44 still in the wrapping. I'm wondering if this will add value

50 year cosmo isnt going to add any value to a refurbished rifle that is one out of 10 million made.

No way your finding a good m44 for $150.

Pm's sent to those interested

Russian Mosin Nagant Model 1944 7.62x54R Carbine 1 1 0

$189.95

Hand picked for 189.95 back at the end of December, It is nice.

If your paying over $220.00 for them then your paying too much, get them at gun shows

for that or less, typically your pick from the crate too.

The rest of the country never pays NJ prices, I lerned that lesson fast when I really started collecting military surplus. Stuff being sold here was listed at almost 2x what I could find it for at a gun show, I used to cry when I would see guys poting online about the $150.00 SKS they just picked up at the local Pawn Shope. There are few of those left at that price but there are really good deal out there. I would pay a premium for a few types, Polish and for a real minty type 56 if one even exists or a really nice Fin.

I have a couple of them, they were imported in the mummy wrap about 5 years ago. I took one and unwrapped it and it is my shooter, the others are staying nicely wrapped up. They do get a higher price than normal m-44's I have been offered $450 a couple of times for one but they dont eat much so they hang around.

I have a couple of them, they were imported in the mummy wrap about 5 years ago. I took one and unwrapped it and it is my shooter, the others are staying nicely wrapped up. They do get a higher price than normal m-44's I have been offered $450 a couple of times for one but they dont eat much so they hang around.

Do you believe they are worth more in the "mummy wrapp"?