JOdoubleE953

Where I Am Retiring To

In light of a recent "enlightenment" if you can call it that in regards to the state of our nation/federal government/state/etc I have come to the conclusion that NJ is not where I want to settle down.

Yes I am only 20 but check out the link, New Hampshire to me looks like the last truely free frontier of America.

http://freestateproject.org/101Reasons

If nothing else, it is an interesting read.

Number 9 sounds like a great idea : New Hampshire legislators are only paid a salary of $100 per year, helping ensure the existence of a citizen legislature committed to public service, unlike every other state.

If you like NH then why not Vermont? They have Constitutional Carry, New Hampshire does not

NH has better overall laws and lower taxes than VT.

Suppressors are a no go in VT

NH has no sales or state income tax

No mandatory seat belt or helmet laws in NH

No hunter orange laws in NH (same in VT)

Fireworks are legal in NH (at least to some degree)

NH is much more business friendly

Less regulation in general in NH

If I could live anywhere and make good living I'd be in NH now.

I'm. To that far off from calling it quits and while I really like to ski and snow in general, I'd rather not have to shovel it or have to deal with it unless I plan to have fun in it. So I'll be moving someplace with a warmer climate. AZ and FL are going to be the 2 states I call home in a few more years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NH has better overall laws and lower taxes than VT.

Suppressors are a no go in VT

NH has no sales or state income tax

No mandatory seat belt or helmet laws in NH

No hunter orange laws in NH (same in VT)

Fireworks are legal in NH (at least to some degree)

NH is much more business friendly

Less regulation in general in NH

If I could live anywhere and make good living I'd be in NH now.

Alright, you make a pretty good case.. heh

Too many Massholes have been moving to NH. I was originally planning on moving there but the influx of Liberals from surrounding states and the lack of Mechanical Engineering jobs has pushed my job search south.

We used to vacation in NH. But look how NH went in the last couple of elections -- and summer in NH is, what, about 3 weeks long?

If you're looking for engineering jobs, BMW has a factory in SC, and Mercedes and Honda have factories in Alabama -- plus there are all the parts suppliers.

If you're looking for engineering jobs, BMW has a factory in SC, and Mercedes and Honda have factories in Alabama -- plus there are all the parts suppliers.

NC or SC is where I hope to end up. Plenty of manufacturing in NC, especially in the Greensboro area.

I've already got my land --- 51 acres in Warner , NH -- Can't wait to get out of here -- May be sooner than I thought --

Property tax last year on 51 acres of woods in NH - $113.00 -- Granted there's no house but with a house I expect it to be around $4000 -- sure beats the $11000+ I pay here

Warner is about 20 minutes north east of concord, Just under lake Sunapee. Can be lakeside in 8 to 10 minutes -- Great little new england town with multiple gas stations, supermarket, subway, Mcdonalds, dunkin donuts, Ace hardware and plenty others - The point is... It's far from "out in the boonies"

Gotta embrace the snow, and own a wheel loader :)

Live Free or Die

love seeing that on the NH plates. But If I can ever get out of this hell, I'm heading south. Anyone know any negatives about Myrtle Beach SC area? Ive been there for vaca but curious of any downsides to living there.

I used to live in the north east kingdom of vermont not far from NH. I had many friends over in NH but they all complained it is a real police state. They have some serious private prisons there. Vermont was awesome but the libitards are abundent because they all come from NJ, mass and NY and have ski houses. I remeber just walking into a gas station and buying ammo, It is indeed cold there!!!! negative in the teens and Loooooong winters. not much for work either. But it is beautiful and peaceful, I would move back there if I was younger and can deal with old man winter.

We are looking at some beachfront property in Dumaguete,Philippines to build a small house where I can finally have my outdoor kitchen. It's beautiful,peaceful and very inexpensive to live,great food,fishing ,diving,hospitals,infrastructure and firearm friendly. Thinking of opening a small hole in the wall restaurant to cater to all the divers and tourist. Going bamboo.......again.

Duppie you should sell property ...because I'm sold..

Don't be sold yet.....It's hot and I do mean hot,there's typhoons just about every year,the tourist are overwhelmingly Eurotrash and there is still the slight issue with the Abu sayyaf.

Number 9 sounds like a great idea : New Hampshire legislators are only paid a salary of $100 per year, helping ensure the existence of a citizen legislature committed to public service, unlike every other state.

Congratulations you broke the code. The Founding Fathers did NOT was the people to be ruled by career Politicians. The original intent was to have regular folks serve unlike what we have now. IMO this is the root cause why the NJ and US are experiencing major problems.

Too many Massholes have been moving to NH. I was originally planning on moving there but the influx of Liberals from surrounding states and the lack of Mechanical Engineering jobs has pushed my job search south.

Not every liberal is a democrat whose eyes and ears are sown shut.

How's the Web Design market in NH?