Sign in to follow this  
liquidskin

Range near Atlantic City?

Let me be the first to inform you there are NO public ranges anywhere near Somers Point, however there are several private ones some members may be willing to bring you in as a guest. The closest to Somers Point in the Atlantic County Police Range, on 559, but I believe ANYONE using it must be a member, so your brother might want to look into joining there as its only 10 minutes away. Further out there is Cumberland Rifelman in Millville, and Hutton Hill and South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow. Even further still is USANA, out in Pitts Grove TWSP. There is also another down in Cape May, but the name escapes me at the moment.

When were you planning on doing this, I may be able to bring you as guests if I have the day to go shooting.

You could head north to the indoor ranges at Shore Shot or Brick Armory. USANA in Elmer used to day passes - I don't know if they still do. If you are looking to do shotgun shooting you can use the WMA's but one of you must have a valad hunting license.

Unfortunately, You are out of luck for anything near AC.

Let me be the first to inform you there are NO public ranges anywhere near Somers Point, however there are several private ones some members may be willing to bring you in as a guest. The closest to Somers Point in the Atlantic County Police Range, on 559, but I believe ANYONE using it must be a member, so your brother might want to look into joining there as its only 10 minutes away. Further out there is Cumberland Rifelman in Millville, and Hutton Hill and South Jersey Shooting Club in Winslow. Even further still is USANA, out in Pitts Grove TWSP. There is also another down in Cape May, but the name escapes me at the moment.

When were you planning on doing this, I may be able to bring you as guests if I have the day to go shooting.

Thanks, John. We were hoping to do the trip yesterday, but work came up. As my week vacation is ending, its looking like we'll be doing Fort Dix on a Saturday/Sunday that works for us. Appreciate the offer to guest us in!

The Atlantic county range is only about ten min away from somers point in eht

If you're interested in taking all of the NRA courses prior to shooting and the range ID is $30/year for Atlantic County residents, and it's $10/shooting session.

Only open 8-4 on weekends only.

I'm a member of the South Jersey Shooting Club...I love it there. $250 for the year, I can go 7 days a week from 8-9AM till sunset. Works out better for me since I don't have weekends off(Tuesday-Wednesday).