RubberBullets

Gun Buyback in Asbury and Keansburg Next Month

March 8th and 9th.

http://www.nj.com/mo...t_river_default

Anyone wanna crash the party and see if we can filter some shotguns and or rifles away from the smelter?

"Firearms can be turned in March 8 and 9 at the Shiloh Community Fellowship Ministry located at 142 Dewitt Avenue in Asbury Park or at Saint Ann Catholic Church located at 267 Carr Avenue in Keansburg."

My take on the matter.. If your signs entice folk by asking for people that have either inherited rifles or shotguns, or have a valid Firearms ID card, if the gun you are looking to sell is of interest to me I will pay more than the buy back program.

Have the gun sale law printed out for their reference, and obviously refuse all handgun sales as we are not at a range or sellers residence. Id like to know the range of prices.. Im sure the ARs/AKs would fetch 250, but what would they offer for a garand or a pump shotty? Not as much time as I thought to prepare, but id like to make the 8th at either location.

I wonder if they will buy back magazines only... $50 for a 30rd M16 mag? I may call and ask about that.

I'm very against buy-backs. It creates a market for stolen guns which actually perpetuates the crime problem. People who use their guns to commit crimes aren't going to give up the tool of their trade and honest joe-blow off the street is only losing a family heirloom that he could get more out of from a private sale or at a dealer. Who is to benefit? Theives who specialize in stealing guns because if he can't sell it on the block he can sell it to the police. Come on now what are these people thinking?

I keep asking, am I lowed to stand outside with transfer papers and actually buy???

There is nothing stopping the act as far as I know, PROVIDED, you are not loitering on private property, and follow all the state laws regarding legal firearm transfer and transport. If I am missing something please someone chime in.. Im sure the PD will come to question why I/we are there, but if we are breaking no laws they can go scratch.

COE, coupled with Valid FID and DL to make the sale. buy the long gun, throw it in a case in the backseat, then move on to the next potential suitor.

Im really interested in doing this so if there are any pitfalls anyone can think of, let me know so I can iron them out before I go.

Only thing I can think of is gun carries its history through your transaction. If reported lost, stolen, or used in a crime, you are now in possesion of a illegal firearm. You would most likely not be charged as long as you have your copy of COE properly filled out, but money out the window as firearm would be siezed as evidence. If I am wrong please let me know. You know the usual IANAL, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Another reason to be against gun buy backs. Steal it, use it in a crime, take it to a gun buy back, get money for it. State destroys it and any evidence. Start process over again. Got to love this state.

COE, coupled with Valid FID and DL to make the sale. buy the long gun, throw it in a case in the backseat, then move on to the next potential suitor.

Im really interested in doing this so if there are any pitfalls anyone can think of, let me know so I can iron them out before I go.

I will meet you over there. I am definitely interested in going over. My only question is, what if the person selling, does not have a valid FID card. Do you leave that space blank, or fill in a drivers license number, etc ...

ok......noob here. could one of you guys put up here step by step what needs to be done to legally buy from people waiting in line? as in(feeling stupid here) what's COE? someone above mentioned about any high capacity mags.......is it legit to offer money on the gun itself, but tell the person to hang on to the mags?

sorry for sounding stupid....i just am new to this, and had no clue i could go to these things. missed the one in camden awhile back......

Dont belive the hype on the one in newark mostly out of town folks turned their stuff in and at the location near me it was empty.

Since no questions are asked, I would be willing to believe that there are staged turn ins, say of already-confiscated guns... Nice publicity stunt to show an AR or AK, etc.

I was down in the park parked staring at the church nothing but troopers and NPD chilling. there was a HOT female LE she was STACKED and RACKED best looking thing I saw all day. My female friend was at the other one a few people were there mostly elderly, and people she said looked like they were not from newark. all had crap fudd rifles.