Sign in to follow this  
sinter

A question about the new proposed ammo bill

The new ammo bill which just past the assembly that would require face-to-face transactions has an exemption for curio and relic firearms and ammo. Does this mean that I could buy Makarov ammo for my curio and relic CZ 82 online?

I don't think so. I think it is intended for people with C&R FFL 03 licenses -- the majority of whom NJ does not recognize because all NJ FFLs must have a store front. This is my initial understandly, I haven't yet gone thru the statutes mentioned in the bill, below:

e. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any person licensed pursuant to federal law or under N.J.S.2C:58-1 or N.J.S.2C:58-2, a collector of firearms or ammunition as curios or relics who purchases, receives, acquires, or transfers ammunition which is recognized as being historical in nature or of historical significance, or to any sale, transfer, assignment, or disposition of ammunition to or any purchase, receipt, or acceptance of ammunition by a law enforcement agency or law enforcement official for law enforcement purposes.

Or maybe you can and they are creating a practical use for a 03 FFL license in NJ