checko

Just signed up for MDTS Carbine 1 3/16

It's crazy to think that you would probably blow through $500 worth of ammo(at today's rates) in one training session.

Chris is a great teacher, I took one of his pistol classes. If more ammo starts to show up on the market I may take the carbine class, but not until I can replenish my stores.

Hi Guys,

Couple things:

Since the last ammo crunch a couple years ago I have allowed dedicated and conversion .22 carbines and pistols into classes. Some people don't agree with this but some training is better than no training.

And, If you look at the recent website updates I have reduced round counts in all classes from 500/day to 300/day in an effort to help all of us conserve what reserve ammo we have.

This class is almost full with 1-2 seats still available.,Look forward to shooting with some of you soon.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Guys,

Couple things:

Since the last ammo crunch a couple years ago I have allowed dedicated and conversion .22 carbines and pistols into classes. Some people don't agree with this but some training is better than no training.

And, If you look at the recent website updates I have reduced round counts in all classes from 500/day to 300/day in an effort to help all of us conserve what reserve ammo we have.

This class is almost full with 1-2 seats still available.,Look forward to shooting with some of you soon.

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris,

As I told one of the other posters, I don't mind expending the ammo if it is in the course of training. I understand the reasoning behind reducing the round count of your classes, but do you think it effects the overall reinforcement of the training? I'm not questioning your decision, just wondering what you thought.

Hey Checker,

I don't necessarily think "high round count" is any indication of good training because you may or may not be installing bad habits depending upon the course work or drill. However, reps are important for any physical skill set. I would submit that training is where you get the educational component and knowledge and practice is where YOU rep it out and make it your own.

Just my take

Thanks,

Chris

I've attended CCS 1&2, as well as CPS 1&2, with Chris and MDTS multiple times, and the level of training, professionalism, and legitimate real-world application is incomparable. If I wasn't as busy myself, I'd be right there on the line with you-- have fun and bring a note book!

Chris' classes are top knotch. Ive taken a bunvh of his classes and would recommend them to everyone. I've been on the fence about taking this carbine class again in March because I'm low on 223 ammo but may do it with my .22 AR.

Chris' classes are top knotch. Ive taken a bunvh of his classes and would recommend them to everyone. I've been on the fence about taking this carbine class again in March because I'm low on 223 ammo but may do it with my .22 AR.

I think there is one more spot left.

Well, I woke up sore, so thats always a good sign. The weather was a bit cold and a little wet in the end but held off for the most part of the day. The training itself was somewhat different from other things I've been taught, but I tried my best to keep an open mind and try the skills Chris was teaching. I think his training style was good and lessons were effective. Was definitely from the view of an average homeowner. My favorite part of the class was the reinforcement on clearing malfunctions. I do wish we had more trigger time on the line and got a little more in depth in each module, but I would not consider this a knock on Chris or MDTS. I have felt the same way after other classes. Such is life when you have 8 hours to soak in as much information as possible.

All in all, Chris had taken me out of my comfort zone, which will help me in the end. I will be able to put the lessons I've learned here with the other things I've learned and broaden my knowledge base.